3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Arrival Begins!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Strumbone
Great going gurl! Please make note of engine RPM @ 60 or 70 mph and post the results! I've had a CVT since '98 and really want a manual...just not one that's geared for performance instead of economy.
Only problem is Texans don't drive that slow, except on the construction zones, where they must creep along at 65.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Add Phoenix, and I bought it already: EX-L trim

Right Honda in Scottsdale got exactly one EX-L, and I just drove off with it.

Last edited by jonfordaz; 06-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by jonfordaz
Right Honda in Scottsdale got exactly one EX-L, and I just drove off with it. I'd post pictures, but I frankly haven't figured out how to do that on this site yet. Do I truly need to host them elsewhere?
CONGRATS! You must be thrilled!

Those heated leather seats will perfect in the Phoenix summer.

EDIT. Not sure about photo hosting. I just grabbed a free account on Photobucket. Pretty quick and easy (2 very important criteria for me...)

Last edited by Brianflys; 06-10-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
CONGRATS! You must be thrilled!

Those heated leather seats will perfect in the Phoenix summer.

EDIT. Not sure about photo hosting. I just grabbed a free account on Photobucket. Pretty quick and easy (2 very important criteria for me...)

Lol Brian I have that dilemma but I'm looking into an ex-l trim despite being here in socal. I really want those integrated side mirror turn signals. And the fact the leather on the Fit actually looks nice compared to some Hyundai's and kias.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Right Honda in Scottsdale got exactly one EX-L, and I just drove off with it. I'd post pictures, but I frankly haven't figured out how to do that on this site yet. Do I truly need to host them elsewhere?
You can also try imgur. Its relatively painless to sign up for.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Right Honda in Scottsdale got exactly one EX-L, and I just drove off with it.
Is that the modern steel gray?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM
It is officially called "Modern Steel Metallic." My work friends and I have redubbed it "Gunmetal Awesome." I have a call into Honda's marketing department so that they can change the color name, but apparently they're too busy making up for all of their launch delay issues to take my call.

Brianflys, I know it sounds crazy but I will use those heated seats in the winter. After you've lived out here for awhile, even temperatures in the 60s get you cold. I know, you guys who just suffered through last winter are screaming "cry me a river," right?

Last edited by jonfordaz; 06-10-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Is that the modern steel gray?
nice is it a at/man?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Congratulations! Looks gorgeous!

Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 PM
It is officially called "Modern Steel Metallic." My work friends and I have redubbed it "Gunmetal Awesome." I have a call into Honda's marketing department so that they can change the color name, but apparently they're too busy making up for all of their launch delay issues to take my call.
Correct, but its still gray lol. That is what we ordered.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by reapersakiller87
nice is it a at/man?
It is. Haven't hit the highway yet. Also haven't tried working the paddle shifters. It definitely has a pretty noisy rev, but you know what? It's a Fit, not a luxury car.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM
So as the day comes to a close ( on the east coast) Emirri and Jonfordaz have taken possession and Curlgurl I believe is on her way to get hers! Congrats to them and i am sure by this time tomorrow there will be several more owners! For those of us still waiting we live vicariously through you guys. Lol

Last edited by tmfit; 06-10-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
I just got mine!!! Test drove it and will be taking it home tomorrow!!! I wanted tem to detail it because it was so dusty.,lol

Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Brianflys, I know it sounds crazy but I will use those heated seats in the winter. After you've lived out here for awhile, even temperatures in the 60s get you cold. I know, you guys who just suffered through last winter are screaming "cry me a river," right?[/QUOTE]

HA! This is soooo true! For all you non-Phoenix folks, we have "Jacket Day". We do this around August, when it's 125 +- . Everyone gets out a jacket and puts it on for 30 seconds, as a rememberance of when we used to wear jackets. (Almost everyone in AZ is "from somewhere else")

Ok, actually it can get cold in the few months of winter we have, like high 20's at night. Broke the copper tubing on the A/C unit this year on my roof. argh But, no problem, winter is over quick and back we go to The Oven. Ah yes......

Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Emirii
I just got mine!!! Test drove it and will be taking it home tomorrow!!! I wanted tem to detail it because it was so dusty.,lol
Thats awesome Emirii! I will go back and correct my post! How cool is it?

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
Thats awesome Emirii! I will go back and correct my post! How cool is it?
Love it so far. Got on highway And much much smoother than my 07. Has a great feel to it. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM
It is. Haven't hit the highway yet. Also haven't tried working the paddle shifters. It definitely has a pretty noisy rev, but you know what? It's a Fit, not a luxury car.
nice I have 2008 fit sport with a 5 speed.. I love it

Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Emirii
I just got mine!!! ...
Big Congrats!!!!!!!!

Waiting for your pics and impressions. Do share your intended mods if any for the future.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Strumbone
Great going gurl! Please make note of engine RPM @ 60 or 70 mph and post the results! I've had a CVT since '98 and really want a manual...just not one that's geared for performance instead of economy.
I'll try. I might be going to get it alone, and I'm a bit wary of phones while driving.

However, my car comes in tomorrow, so I'm going to try to get out of work on Thursday night to go get it! Fingers crossed!! If not, I have to get it Saturday.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Brianflys, I know it sounds crazy but I will use those heated seats in the winter. After you've lived out here for awhile, even temperatures in the 60s get you cold. I know, you guys who just suffered through last winter are screaming "cry me a river," right?
Gunmetal rawrsome!!

Quick Reply: Arrival Begins!