3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear wheel well question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Rear wheel well question

I want to buy a 2015 Honda Fit EX-L NAV and granted these defects may be a minority of the cars produced- but I just get a bad vibe that some Honda service departments are unwilling to fix things or can't get the repairs done correctly.

So besides the Honda- I've been checking out the 2015 Toyota Prius c "Four" and a 2015 Lexus CT200h F-Sport (always nice to receive a car with a "J" VIN.

I remember on two occasions I brought my Lexus ES300 in (which I no longer have) and I went to service drive to check my tire pressure- then I asked a service writer- where's my car- he said- Oh- we checked your tire pressure- all four tires are good- now we're hand washing your car- all free.

Another time- one of the buttons on my CD/Radio was slightly depressed compared to the other buttons- they looked at it- and said- okay bring it back in a week- I did- they replaced the whole CD/Radio module- when I looked at the bill- granted covered under warranty- before labor charges- that part alone cost like $1500.00

Granted different cars and price structure- it just seems- how things are when stuff goes wrong- I know ACURA would probably- handle this much better as well.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KenBT
I want to buy a 2015 Honda Fit EX-L NAV and granted these defects may be a minority of the cars produced- but I just get a bad vibe that some Honda service departments are unwilling to fix things or can't get the repairs done correctly.

So besides the Honda- I've been checking out the 2015 Toyota Prius c "Four" and a 2015 Lexus CT200h F-Sport (always nice to receive a car with a "J" VIN.

I remember on two occasions I brought my Lexus ES300 in (which I no longer have) and I went to service drive to check my tire pressure- then I asked a service writer- where's my car- he said- Oh- we checked your tire pressure- all four tires are good- now we're hand washing your car- all free.

Another time- one of the buttons on my CD/Radio was slightly depressed compared to the other buttons- they looked at it- and said- okay bring it back in a week- I did- they replaced the whole CD/Radio module- when I looked at the bill- granted covered under warranty- before labor charges- that part alone cost like $1500.00

Granted different cars and price structure- it just seems- how things are when stuff goes wrong- I know ACURA would probably- handle this much better as well.
you know you can't get Lexus service at Fit prices.
as far as your upcoming choices?:
I have both a Fit and Prius C (prissy) and have had a Lexus and several acuras.
If mpg and fun driving is your aim the Prius C Sport that gets 40 to 55 mpg and no maintance issuers thats your choice. My Fit and the Priius are both with sport suspensions; 1" lowered, adjustable shocks, and disconnected FASB. Both set sail around VIR with great fun but slow. Prius barely under 3 minutes, the Fit 2:45 but no comparison on mpg. Both handle comparatively the same.
My Lexus was more comfortable but unsuitable for a gofer car. but a great sports sedan more reliable than my BMW's.
as for room I give the Fit the edge and equipped with airlift shiocks the Fit tows well. don't think I want to use the Prissy for towing. 117 hp is barely enough and 89 hp isn't.
for a monday to fridayt gofer a nissan leaf is the best, electricity alone in my garage while I watch TV, cold stone reliable and comfortble as my Lexus but only 75 miles between recharges and not as slow as the Fit even. across an intersection not even my vette has a chance without winding up first.
so there.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Canada dont seem to care or know about this design fault

They told me to go back to the dealership to have it fixed - but they haven't modified the parts or done anything differently so what's the point. Also the sales manager at the dealership 'expected it to fall down again' when I called to complain it had happened a week later.
So Honda WAKE UP and listen to what is happening on this thread and issue a recall or refit for this crappy part.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by trashercan
So Honda WAKE UP and listen to what is happening on this thread and issue a recall or refit for this crappy part.
Dunno about your Canadian Honda but American Honda knows about this problem and even responded in this forum (in another thread) saying below:

Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
To all of the Fit Freaks that are having issues,

We would like to apologize if you are experiencing any issues with your brand new Honda Fit. If you had brought your vehicle into the dealership regarding an issue and would like further assistance on it please do not hesitate to send me a PM with your full name, concern, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you. We would like to help every owner resolve their concerns with their vehicle within a timely manner.

Regarding the fender liner issue, we are aware of the issue and acknowledge that owners have complained about it. We highly suggest customers who are experiencing the issue to bring it to their local Honda dealership for a diagnosis to have it documented.

Thank you,

Jonathan
In the thread below.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ew-fit-23.html

Honda well knows about this problem. They've made 10's of thousands or even more 2015 Fits like that. It's all about $$. Do they want to spend some of the profit by sellig 2015 Fits to fix this problem for their customers? At least not yet it seems.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:57 PM
Does anyone have the part numbers for the rear left and right fender liners?

My drivers side is perfect but the passenger side has a gap big enough to put my finger in.

Thinking about taking them off and putting a thick rust proofing on and then putting them back on.

We also have a 2015 CRV that has these but they fit perfectly.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
just fyi i also did not like the absorbant material used to make the liners so i impregnated the drivers side with fiberglass resin (it took alot) and removed the pass side one while undercoating the passenger (and driver) wheel well. i put the driver side back because as others have noted there is alot of fuelpiping on the Drivers side

Old 07-06-2015, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
I know that it's not the solution that everyone wants but I cleaned the inner fender and liner with rubbing alcohol and installed this style(didn't use ezpass size but couldn't find a better link) of hook and loop fastner in 3 locations. It appears to be holding up.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002DZ...+velcro+strips

Old 09-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by 2015FITEX
just fyi i also did not like the absorbant material used to make the liners so i impregnated the drivers side with fiberglass resin (it took alot) and removed the pass side one while undercoating the passenger (and driver) wheel well. i put the driver side back because as others have noted there is alot of fuelpiping on the Drivers side

I think I am going to take mine off and undercoat the wheel wells for extra protection against winter salt and grime. It worries me that I may not get all of the salt spray off when I was my car in the winter.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:40 AM
I guess I need to take care of mine since it sounds like the dealers and Honda are not going to fix this. Any suggestions on good spray on undercoat/sound deadener?

Old 09-09-2015, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
i used a roof repair brush on coating, thick, (cheapish!) but took a while to dry and because it was so thick i was able to chamfer the wheel lip (on the wheel area side) so it doesnt retain dirt and water. Ill let you know in 10 years if it doesnt rust..lol. sprayed "rust check" into the side sills (remove the plastic bungs maybe 5 of them , sprayed , and then reinstall bungs ) its like it was designed to have undercoating sprayed in ? also sparyed "rust check" into and around read suspenion arm cavities. used a longer spray nozzle (taped two together) and a piece of thin rubber tubing to allow me to spay in any direction or angle