3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Refreshed 2018 Fit Launches Next Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Please, that's Orange Fury, not a color I'd choose. 3 of the 4 Hondas I've owned have been Milano Red. But Orange Fury is likely to be popular in Knoxville, Tennessee, the home of the University of Tennessee, the Big Orange (team colors the sports teams, orange and white with blue trim).
Still looks "Fry Sauce" to me.
And do you really want to base offered color pallet on potential popularity in specific states and with specific sports fans?

Whether you like a color is always subjective.
I'm sure some people will love it.

But IMO, it's pretty boring.

I'm getting tired of automakers (not just Honda) going....
"We've added some exciting new colors.....Yellow and Orange!".

A few years back Honda offered a burnished almost copper looking "Orange" a neighbor of mine bought a Fit in that color.
I actually kind of liked it.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
And do you really want to base offered color pallet on potential popularity in specific states and with specific sports fans?

A few years back Honda offered a burnished almost copper looking "Orange" a neighbor of mine bought a Fit in that color.
I know the color you mean. I had a Civic Si (Milano Red of course) and I told a young lady that had that color on an EX Coupe and I told her I liked the color. She offered to trade, I politely refused.

I seriously doubt that Honda is aware of the UT campus in Knoxville. I just mentioned it because of the rabid Big Orange fandom. I knew a gentleman who had a GM/Chevy van, white with large orange graphics and UT on the exterior spare. Fandom isn't always logical, right, Fit fans?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I know exactly the phenonenon you speak of, KentFinn ....we live about 20 minutes south of Knoxville, and when we moved here, oh 16 years ago, I didn't understand why everyone dressed in orange on Fridays and there was orange everywhere....LOL....UT football is a religion....fwiw worth, my son is going to be attending UTK this fall....GO ORANGE, or something.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member

Then there's what I call Minion Yellow "Baananna!

Or that gawd awful Dayglo green that certain rodents drive.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:22 PM
I like the changes....its an evolutionary step forward style-wise. But since my wife and I bought a '17 LX just a couple of months ago, I'm glad the changes aren't very substantial.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Then there's what I call Minion Yellow "Baananna!

Or that gawd awful Dayglo green that certain rodents drive.
I showed my brother a picture of a yellow Fit. His reply, "it looks like a Marshmallow Peep."

Old 06-16-2017, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I know exactly the phenonenon you speak of, KentFinn ....we live about 20 minutes south of Knoxville, and when we moved here, oh 16 years ago, I didn't understand why everyone dressed in orange on Fridays and there was orange everywhere....LOL....UT football is a religion....fwiw worth, my son is going to be attending UTK this fall....GO ORANGE, or something.
Sure to get you in trouble: Why do Vol fans like orange? On Friday, road gang jumpsuit. Saturday, game day wear. Sunday, hunting outfit.

Red? Alabama and then there's Thanksgiving at a relative's, one sibling went to the University of Alabama, the other went to Auburn. Body armor optional.

;

Old 06-16-2017, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Toyota is offering lane departure and collision avoidance on their complete line of vehicles, including the cheapest. Honda needs to do the same.

I also never text and drive. Still, it does not take much to have a lapse in concentration, only to find the car ahead has braked earlier than you thought. Nice looking girl, new restaurant, whoa a Fit in orange WTF? While you're looking somewhere else, which is human physiology to multitask, the traffic slows in front of you. For those very rare situations, collision avoidance would be useful. Yes, you might have saved it at the last minute, but it is goof insurance to have another system as backup, sorta like a wingman.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Toyota is offering lane departure and collision avoidance on their complete line of vehicles, including the cheapest. Honda needs to do the same.

I also never text and drive. Still, it does not take much to have a lapse in concentration, only to find the car ahead has braked earlier than you thought. Nice looking girl, new restaurant, whoa a Fit in orange WTF? While you're looking somewhere else, which is human physiology to multitask, the traffic slows in front of you. For those very rare situations, collision avoidance would be useful. Yes, you might have saved it at the last minute, but it is goof insurance to have another system as backup, sorta like a wingman.
Ref: First sentence.
That's why competition is a good thing. The manufactures leapfrog each other with standard feature packages. Honda will catch up and then one up. Toyota and/or Nissan will price out the next great thing. It's all good.

Second paragraph ... A bright yellow something or the other zooming up an off ramp caught my attention, eyes quickly right, and I've wrecked my Civic Si ,,, no texting

Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
I think they are trying a bit hard on the redesign. Looks a bit weird to me, espec the back end. Doesn't really flow well. Glad I got my White 2016.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Westie
I think they are trying a bit hard on the redesign. Looks a bit weird to me, espec the back end. Doesn't really flow well. Glad I got my White 2016.
So little change that it's hard to notice. Not at all like the progression from the 1955 Chevy to the 1956 and then to the 1957. Line up the 2015 through the 2018 Fits (not counting the black wheels) and most non-Freaks wouldn't be able to tell the differenc.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:48 PM
sjd
5 Year Member

You seem to have a grey or black Fit in your profile pic and you call the orange boring? 90% of cars on the road are of the boring German rainbow (silver, grey, white, black) variety so I'm happy to see Honda offer four actual colours (red, blue, yellow, orange) on the Fit. I just can't decide between the four.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sjd
(red, blue, yellow, orange) on the Fit. I just can't decide between the four.
If you view them on the lot side-by-side, I bet one will say "take me home".

Old 06-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Cool, I wish I could waited. Just bought 2017 model last week.