3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Water LEAKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
First I've heard on a GK. Any idea where the water is coming from? Door seals More wet on passenger or driver side? Didn't mention if it was an LX or EX/EX-L if the sunroof is in play.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Is it under the rear driver's side mat? If so, does it seem like it might be coming from the door jam? I had a similar issue with some seals that needed replacement.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:48 AM
I find myself needing to keep the AC on constantly this time of year to keep the interior dry. Time to check the carpets for moisture.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
I've got a 2015, and it leaks. Don't let the dealer tell you it's the door drains. The water is coming THROUGH the doors. I only found out about it because I have Weathertech floor mats, and the water pooled on the mats rather than just soaking into the carpet. The design of the doors allows water to drip off the bottom edge of the window glass (notice how there is no waterproof seal at the base of the window on the outside...the water is supposed to drip off the bottom of the glass and fall to the bottom of the door and go out through drain holes) and if the plastic sheeting installed over the cutouts in the door metal is not sealed tightly to the doors, the water drips through, pools at the bottom of the inside door panel, and then drips out from the bottom edge of the panel, down to the door seal, over the doorsill, and onto your carpets or mats. I frequently find the center channel of my door gasket full of water after it rains, and water tracks running down the doorsills. If you notice no water on the floors at the end of a heavy rain, then find pools on your floors after you drive the car, it's because the drive has shaken the water out of the doors. My car has been to the dealer three times for this, and after a LOT of skepticism on their part, they have supposedly replaced the plastic liners in the doors, and it still leaks. It's winter now, and my car frosts ON THE INSIDE. This is my second Fit, and if Honda can't make it right, it will be my last. One year old cars should not leak.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
There is a thread about this problem in earlier model years elsewhere on this forum. It seems to be endemic to certain model years because of bad design that depends on a thin sheet of plastic glued to metal to keep water on the right side of the door. The other thread suggests removing your door panels and sealing up the cutouts with aluminum aircraft tape. We shouldn't have to do that with practically new cars.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:22 PM
There is a link in this forum that tells you where the leak is coming from. Try to search for it. I had the same problem with my GD1 (rear - driver side). The carpet was always wet but I was able to fix the problem by following the suggestions in the forum.

In a nutshell, you have to remove the rear door panels and then try to do a water test. Stay inside the car while you ask someone to hose/water the rear window. You will notice that the water will rush through the door panel and then down to your carpet. As a fix, you will have to use silicon to cover some of the small holes and some tape to cover the big ones. Try to find the link in this forum, it will give you more info.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Just rained 2.5+" here in the last few days. So my 2015 is leaking too. From all four doors. I can see the water track at the bottom of the door trim and seal. it was bad enough that there were two pools of water in the back floor of both sides. One side was worst then the other. The water that is leaking in from the front door mostly ends up in the back because of the shape of the interior floor channeling it to the back. Good thing I have a wet/dry shop vac. Have to open up the door panel and solve this problem.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
2015 Fit has water leaking in the driver's floor

Anyone else getting this problem? The driver's floor is completely soaked. I thought maybe someone had just simply spilled water, but it's everytime I try to mop it up, it gets wet again. We've had several rainstorms in the Bay Area so far and every time we get one it gets wetter. I read and searched a bit on this forum and they all said there were issues with the 2007 model, but as far as I know my model is 2015, which is way later, so wondering if anytone has the same issue.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Also, unrelated, but at night the front window of the car completely fogs up when it gets unbearably cold. I have to leave the defogger on for at least 5 minutes before the fog goes away, but the driver and passenger side windows do not show any of this.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
on my 2016, there is a rubbery/plastic type of thing that fits over (excuse the lack of technical terminology) the part that keeps the car door closed, which looks like some kinda water drain to keep the water from going into the locking mechanism.

Yours might be broken.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
If you search for my user name on youtube I have a video addressing leaking door. Your leak might be at a different spot but you won't know until you take off the door panel and look for tell tail signs of water. Also a shop vac does great for vacuuming out the water.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
You mean this one?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Given your within warranty, take it back to the dealer and let them deal with it.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Scarbird
Also, unrelated, but at night the front window of the car completely fogs up when it gets unbearably cold. I have to leave the defogger on for at least 5 minutes before the fog goes away, but the driver and passenger side windows do not show any of this.
Turn on your A/C with the heat set to maximum and also make sure that air re-circulation lever is set to to circulate fresh air from outside. Your fog problem will be gone in under 2 minutes. Change the heat setting knob to what you need afterwards.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Jazz Leaking water??

Today , After stopped the vehicle for few seconds I saw water drops leaking from bottom of car.

Is this normal or some cap fell off thats causing the leak?

Old 02-23-2016, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Air conditioner?

Old 02-23-2016, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
It's just marking its territory...

All kidding aside, that is just the condensation being leaked out of the air conditioner. I'm assuming AC is a must in India

Old 02-23-2016, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
It's just marking its territory...

that was gold!!!!

Old 04-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Water leaking under FIT

Just drove back home from LA (approx. 1 hour drive)!

Being the paranoid/anxiety ridden person that I am, I decided to check my car for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. I looked under the car, and noticed a small puddle. I checked it out with my fingers and realized its just water. Its coming out of 2-3 small holes all near each other, and I'm really worried now lol..
The puddle was located near the front passenger side, but a bit more toward the middle of the car.

Any assumptions on why it's leaking? I did have my AC turned on the majority of the trip.

Last edited by puffysweater; 04-08-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
it's normal. all my cars do dat in the summer months while AC is on.

Quick Reply: Water LEAKS