Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ Thanks George

Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
Yes but you can mount the ballest lower...using the provide bolts you can mount any around this area (the picture below)...if i remember h11 kit is direct plug so you dont run wires to the battery..correct me if i'm wrong...I'm going to check this weekend b/c i'm installing h11 kit on the another car i can confirms it....

h11 is direct fit with no wires to battery, wires to battery are for the high beam, low beam solenoid that moves the light shield. i have both on my fit, 6000k high/low headlights and 3000k fogs. and coundnt be happier, well maybe a little happier, i went with 3000k for fogs with hopes of removing my yellow laminx, but they look muck yellower with the lamnix. not so yellow at all with out, maybe about as yellow as a holagen bulb, just brighter. so defintly need the yellow film for the deep yellow look.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
^^^thanks... i would go with a darker yellow for the HID fog...we change out the x-pel vinyl and replace we with other brand that offer a darker yellow.... when we installed the HID fog last week on another fit.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by azncarbos
^^^thanks... i would go with a darker yellow for the HID fog...we change out the x-pel vinyl and replace we with other brand that offer a darker yellow.... when we installed the HID fog last week on another fit.

replace we with other brand that offer a darker yellow.
.....hmm what did u replace it with???

Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member
one of my ballasts went bad the night i posted how happy i was with the kit, i will be calling xeninths today to see about warranty replacement, just sucks i have to pull the bumper and everything else after about two months. if they replace it and it happens again, back to stock bulbs for me.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by japspeed
one of my ballasts went bad the night i posted how happy i was with the kit, i will be calling xeninths today to see about warranty replacement, just sucks i have to pull the bumper and everything else after about two months. if they replace it and it happens again, back to stock bulbs for me.
sorry to hear that...if your kit is only two month old Xenith will replace them for you....they have great support team over there....

Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
called xenith on monday and they said i will have a new ballast in about three days, as long as it gets here i say great service.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I have the 6000K bi-xenon and the 4300K fogs on order from George and i will use this DIY when i do the install but i am wondering if the fog light mod that allows the driver to turn the fogs on with either the parking lights or by themselves ever get finished?

Since i will have the front end off of my Fit i figured i might as well complete that mod also but can't find anything finalized on how to do that mod.

Any help would be great!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
How bright is the output of the high beam on the 9006k kit?

Last edited by BigBadMadMan; 03-21-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Biven5
I have the 6000K bi-xenon and the 4300K fogs on order from George and i will use this DIY when i do the install but i am wondering if the fog light mod that allows the driver to turn the fogs on with either the parking lights or by themselves ever get finished?

Since i will have the front end off of my Fit i figured i might as well complete that mod also but can't find anything finalized on how to do that mod.

Any help would be great!
nice choice on the HID for both headlight and fog...but for the fog log check this link

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...em-solved.html

Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
How bright is the output of the high beam on the 9006k kit?
xenith xenon doesn't have 9006k, but they do carry 10k,I personal don't recommend to get any anything above 8k and from 9k and up is just for show and lose the lighting...

Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
true! 10k is too much. 8k is good enough. i had 8's on my last car and everyone asked if they were 10. i just got my 8k hid kit from azn carbos and i love em. not as blue as my old set up but whiter indeed. and makes the clarity much better! thanks peter. dont forget dibs on your exhaust =)

Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UN_FIT
true! 10k is too much. 8k is good enough. i had 8's on my last car and everyone asked if they were 10. i just got my 8k hid kit from azn carbos and i love em. not as blue as my old set up but whiter indeed. and makes the clarity much better! thanks peter. dont forget dibs on your exhaust =)
No problem Mike... give the kit sometime to break in and then they will turn lil more blueish...but not to blue. No worry you got dibs already...So it save me the time to even post it...lol

Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned
I'd still like to see pics from further away...

My debate at the moment is between a full on retro or a plug-n-play kit

Old 03-24-2008, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yeamans17
I'd still like to see pics from further away...

My debate at the moment is between a full on retro or a plug-n-play kit

here some old pictures, but as you can the camera capture the blue hue rather then actually light, causin the mass glare....and If you have the money and time, I say go full retro.....

Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned
Thanks for the pics, I was looking for more of the ground coverage than the cutoff after I looked into it more. I had a plug-n-play kit on my accord, and the ground coverage was super shitty

Old 03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
one question, what was the purpose of removing the headlights? Was it for ease of installation?

i have had my kit for about a year and have yet to install them. call me lazy because i am

Old 03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yeamans17
Thanks for the pics, I was looking for more of the ground coverage than the cutoff after I looked into it more. I had a plug-n-play kit on my accord, and the ground coverage was super shitty

No problem......but if you looking for coverage the XX offer great coverage compare to other HID kit i have try in the past...i will try my best to post another picture.....

Old 03-24-2008, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
one question, what was the purpose of removing the headlights? Was it for ease of installation?

i have had my kit for about a year and have yet to install them. call me lazy because i am
One is to make installation easy and also allow you to place the ballast for the clean installation....dam you are lazy...lol

Old 03-24-2008, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by japspeed
I must have really bad luck because I've had a headlight and foglight bulb burn out. I didn't touch the bulbs and never flip them on/off.

1. pull front off and install HID head and fog
2. pull front off and remove bad HID headlight bulb
3. mail to George
4. get replacement from George (thank you George)
5. pull front off and replace HID headlight
6. pull front off and remove bad foglight bulb
7. mail to George

Now waiting for replacement so I can pull the front off the car for the FIFTH time. I know that there are other ways to access the bulbs, but none that make it easy and ensure that you won't touch the bulbs.

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits