Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
how much are they

Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
You mean the HID Kit??? If so here a link...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...ywhere-us.html

Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Followed your instructions and even though i got mine from a different vendor, worked like a charm.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM
next its on to rims or tints...

Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Good Hear man!!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 AM
what does GE and GD mean?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
it the different model of the Fit.....

GD is the first gen of fit and the GE is the second gen of the Fit.....

Old 09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I knew it had to do with the different models. I just wanted to know what the letters "G" and "E" stood for. and GD. Generation _____??? Thanks. I have an 09 fit sport. It must be GE right?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
If you are interested in buy some XX HID hit me up I have some brand new one.... Thanks!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by azncarbos
Taking a picture of the HID to judge the glare, there is no point to it b/c the brightness of the HID will cause camera to capture the flare of the HID, not the actually light, it best off to see them in person, plus the Xenith Xenons kit produce lil to none glare, you can ask a lot of fit owner that have xenith xenons kit, alot of them had no problem w/ glare, I have installed these kit on a lot car from our fit to xa to honda pilot, none had any problem w/ glare.

No glare? your an idiot OP. Flare of hid's? now thats some good marketing words, and i don't even know if you sell these.

i just signed on just to post this by the way, that how much it irritated me.

just skimped thru the 9 pages and saw that there were about 3 people who were sane. those were the ones touting against hid's in halogens designed not to be used with hid's.

and if you have some type of rebuttal, pleaseeeee have one with a pic of light pattern on a wall ~25 ft away and NOT your damn headlights. Haven't seen one yet even tho the other guy posted a super crisp cut off vs. you blobs of light.

Heres a nice shot for you to try to mimick with a stock housing Fit headlight and generic HID's (and yes that brand and most brands of hid are generic).

i'll be checking back for a pic.

and to the rest that has this kit, i hope you get headlight tickets for blinding old ladies on the road.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rcntype
No glare? your an idiot OP. Flare of hid's? now thats some good marketing words, and i don't even know if you sell these.

just skimped thru the 9 pages and saw that there were about 3 people who were sane. those were the ones touting against hid's in halogens designed not to be used with hid's.

and if you have some type of rebuttal, pleaseeeee have one with a pic of light pattern on a wall ~25 ft away and NOT your damn headlights. Haven't seen one yet even tho the other guy posted a super crisp cut off vs. you blobs of light.

Heres a nice shot for you to try to mimick with a stock housing Fit headlight and generic HID's (and yes that brand and most brands of hid are generic).

and to the rest that has this kit, i hope you get headlight tickets for blinding old ladies on the road.
There will always be people who are interested in retrofits and people who are interested in an aftermarket conversion kit.

The glare off an aftermarket xenon kit is more prominent in photos since it is much easier to distinguish a bluish or white light against a background than the standard halogen color. In a lot of photos, the glare is often exaggerated due to these characteristics. Do xenon kits shoot out more glare than halogens? Yes they do, but not in the horrific manner all pro-retrofit users spew.

With appropriate reaiming protocol and clean lenses, the glare from aftermarket xenons can be managed. What I think you're really trying to advocate is proper aiming for all aftermarket mods done to headlights. After all, I've driven in front of my fair share of both aftermarket kit users as well as retrofitters and I must say, both are bothersome if they are not installed/aligned properly.

Again, posting a picture of a retrofit does nothing, you are merely beating a dead horse. It is a widely accepted fact that a properly performed retrofit is better than a xenon conversion kit; the former option is just for a different group of people.

*Edit: We provide the conversions that OP is referring to in this DIY.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
LDO

Rcntype,
I don't think it's necessary to come on here and call folks idiots? Regardless of how valid your points may be, how much of an audience do you think you'll have after you've insulted people?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by XenithXenons
There will always be people who are interested in retrofits and people who are interested in an aftermarket conversion kit.
A little OT, maybe relevant as to marketing practices. I was under the impression that a conversion kit and HID kit are one and the same (Ballasts + Bulbs = HID kit), am I correct?

The glare off an aftermarket xenon kit is more prominent in photos since it is much easier to distinguish a bluish or white light against a background than the standard halogen color. In a lot of photos, the glare is often exaggerated due to these characteristics. Do xenon kits shoot out more glare than halogens? Yes they do, but not in the horrific manner all pro-retrofit users spew.

With appropriate reaiming protocol and clean lenses, the glare from aftermarket xenons can be managed. What I think you're really trying to advocate is proper aiming for all aftermarket mods done to headlights. After all, I've driven in front of my fair share of both aftermarket kit users as well as retrofitters and I must say, both are bothersome if they are not installed/aligned properly.
You are correct here and I agree with you. However, how many of your customers actually go through the trouble of re-aiming? Halogen assemblies were NOT made to handle HID's period. I understand that it's up to the customer to aim the light output, but how many of your customers actually go through the trouble? I've seen plenty of mini's that blind me on the freeway because they drive like asshats thinking they're all k0o with their HID's. What's worse is that these cars are lower than mine with bigger headlights than mine.

By advocating retrofits, end users have more of an incentive to properly aim the lens (again, you're right in that not all do, but by taking an educated guess, I'd say that more people re-aim their lights with retrofits than "conversion" kits).

It is a widely accepted fact that a properly performed retrofit is better than a xenon conversion kit; the former option is just for a different group of people.
Yes, okay, I can see that. But your "different group of people" are also the ones blinding and annoying other drivers (especially those of oncoming traffic). I don't know if your kits come with a warning or note of some kind advising your customers to re-aim their headlights, but that's what this forum is for; so I can reiterate this fact further for you, especially to your prospective clients.

Originally Posted by LDO
Rcntype,
I don't think it's necessary to come on here and call folks idiots? Regardless of how valid your points may be, how much of an audience do you think you'll have after you've insulted people?
On the contrary, rcntype has balls for doing that. Is it mature? By all means no, but he'll have a fairly large audience, can't say all will like him though.

Last edited by jexeffectz; 10-14-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 AM
you know what? sometimes it IS necessary to shake things up, if you know what i mean. I am not a Fit owner but i do have my own forum that i go to with people with say similar "technical/mechanical" backgrounds as this forum.

I feel that this group of people are most of the time easily mislead by whoever wants to sell something.

I'm not mad that every car with generic hid's blind me. I'm mad that these people don't know better. or if they did, not sure how to go about correcting what they are doing. its like choosing an option when you have none.

and from my own experience, SOMETIMES talking like an immature ahole brings some good results. on my forum, people have the same idea of me but they know exactly what i'm about. no bs straight to the point, tell it like it is and i think they respect me for that part atleast.

anyway this will probably be my last post. The Fit is a great car (with a k24/k20 frankenstein swap , keep up the good work and research.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
you know what? sometimes it IS necessary to shake things up, if you know what i mean. I am not a Fit owner but i do have my own forum that i go to with people with say similar "technical/mechanical" backgrounds as this forum.

I feel that this group of people are most of the time easily mislead by whoever wants to sell something.

I'm not mad that every car with generic hid's blind me. I'm mad that these people don't know better. or if they did, not sure how to go about correcting what they are doing. its like choosing an option when you have none.

and from my own experience, SOMETIMES talking like an immature ahole brings some good results. on my forum, people have the same idea of me but they know exactly what i'm about. no bs straight to the point, tell it like it is and i think they respect me for that part atleast.

anyway this will probably be my last post. The Fit is a great car (with a k24/k20 frankenstein swap , keep up the good work and research.
I agree that the Fit is a great car. But I have to wonder, what does being an immature asshole have to do with getting straight to the point? Why not just get straight to the point without being an immature asshole?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Guy please take somewhere else!!! Thank you!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
ok im getting a lil confused how to make my h4 hi lo XX hids to work. first time i tried i did the simple plug and play method and no success. i tried switching the pins around on the hids and at first i had high beams working but no hids. switched again had hids runnign but when i turned on highs the hids flickered and died. i tried almost every combination. i was gunna say #$@$@#$ it and go back to the combination when it was just low beam, at least i would have my hids, but i dint. i want it to work properly. please help me guys!!! whats the combination on the pins. my combination is this - TOP - light red BOTTOM LEFT - dark red and BOTTOM LEFT - is double wired black. GEORGE OR PETER PLEASE HELP! this is GERMAIN.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP FOR HELP? whats should be the combination on the pins.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flipTEK 08 SSM
BUMP FOR HELP? whats should be the combination on the pins.
This is a late reply, but I remember you got this problem fixed. If not, please e-mail me at george@xenithxenons.com. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:56 AM
alright.. its been a while since ive got my lights.. i love them i have always had this problem after a couple weeks of using them. dont know if its my fault or not but i would like to fix it. i finally get annoyed and thats why im here to get the problem fixed lol.

my headlights turn on perfectly every time. never failed me once. but after they are on and warmed up . lets say i just turn them off and on again, the left headlight would not turn on right away like the right headlight. i would have to wait 2-3 minutes before i can turn them on and then the left side would work. so if i accidently turn them off, i know now to wait before turning them back on. i have the bixenons 6000k btw.

-thao

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits