Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:42 AM
you can just take out the fender lining and everything is right there. way less work.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 240sxs13sleeper
alright.. its been a while since ive got my lights.. i love them i have always had this problem after a couple weeks of using them. dont know if its my fault or not but i would like to fix it. i finally get annoyed and thats why im here to get the problem fixed lol.

my headlights turn on perfectly every time. never failed me once. but after they are on and warmed up . lets say i just turn them off and on again, the left headlight would not turn on right away like the right headlight. i would have to wait 2-3 minutes before i can turn them on and then the left side would work. so if i accidently turn them off, i know now to wait before turning them back on. i have the bixenons 6000k btw.

-thao
Hi Thao,

Please send me an e-mail at george@xenithxenons.com and we'll resolve this issue for you. Thanks.

Best,
George

Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by franklin
you can just take out the fender lining and everything is right there. way less work.

The way I mount my ballast....you can't go through the fender lining... A lot people been happy with my DIY for years and I know a lot of SoCal Fit owners who had their HID install by me are happy.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:57 AM
after reading all the pages is there a DIY to re-aim our headlights? I know my honda prelude could do it with a turn from a screwdriver.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by paomatic
after reading all the pages is there a DIY to re-aim our headlights? I know my honda prelude could do it with a turn from a screwdriver.
Hello,

You should be able to do it the same way on a Honda Fit. As to where the screws are exactly, I'm not sure. Try referring to the user manual as it might have some info in there to help. Thanks!

Best,
George

Old 03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
White noise in radio from Xenith Xenon HIDs

Has anyone had to deal with any white noise with the radio, only when the headlights are turned on?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
ya i had that thats wut happends wen u by cheap hid kits i fix ed it by buying better kits

Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by paomatic

Hope this help... with the fit, we use a 10mm socket to adjust the headlights.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-its-must.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...s-too-low.html

Originally Posted by trd2413
Has anyone had to deal with any white noise with the radio, only when the headlights are turned on?
I have heard story about this the noise.... it usually do to grounding.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by rcntype
No glare? your an idiot OP. Flare of hid's? now thats some good marketing words, and i don't even know if you sell these.

i just signed on just to post this by the way, that how much it irritated me.

just skimped thru the 9 pages and saw that there were about 3 people who were sane. those were the ones touting against hid's in halogens designed not to be used with hid's.

and if you have some type of rebuttal, pleaseeeee have one with a pic of light pattern on a wall ~25 ft away and NOT your damn headlights. Haven't seen one yet even tho the other guy posted a super crisp cut off vs. you blobs of light.

Heres a nice shot for you to try to mimick with a stock housing Fit headlight and generic HID's (and yes that brand and most brands of hid are generic).

i'll be checking back for a pic.

and to the rest that has this kit, i hope you get headlight tickets for blinding old ladies on the road.
Absolutely correct. Why such a ghetto mod deserves a sticky is beyond me. Why not sticky a proper retrofit? Installing HID capsules (they're NOT "bulbs") without projectors creates hot spots (glare), they're nearly impossible to aim, and they blind other drivers. And the OP forgot to mention that this "mod" is illegal.

If you're going to do a mod, why not do it properly? If you can't afford it, put it off until you CAN afford it. Proper HID's are a thing of beauty, but be prepared to drop at least $500.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M3driver
Absolutely correct. Why such a ghetto mod deserves a sticky is beyond me. Why not sticky a proper retrofit? Installing HID capsules (they're NOT "bulbs") without projectors creates hot spots (glare), they're nearly impossible to aim, and they blind other drivers. And the OP forgot to mention that this "mod" is illegal.

If you're going to do a mod, why not do it properly? If you can't afford it, put it off until you CAN afford it. Proper HID's are a thing of beauty, but be prepared to drop at least $500.

I agree that a retrofit is a better alternative and provides a lot more usable light. But you are right, it is costlier and time-consuming so it is not for everyone. It's definitely not for the guy who's working 8-hours everyday, or the college student with double majors.

Also, a retrofit is just as illegal as a plug and play kit.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by XenithXenons
I agree that a retrofit is a better alternative and provides a lot more usable light. But you are right, it is costlier and time-consuming so it is not for everyone. It's definitely not for the guy who's working 8-hours everyday, or the college student with double majors.

Also, a retrofit is just as illegal as a plug and play kit.

Yes, ANY change to the OEM set-up is illegal. This should be made clear in any DIY or HID "kit."

I stand by my belief that if you can't afford to do it correctly, don't do it at all. If you're really that strapped for cash, doing unnecessary mods to your car should be low on your list. Would you beef up your suspension and leave the stock tires and rims? Would you swap out the stereo and leave in the stock speakers? The answer is yes, you could, but why would you?

No, putting HID capsules in housings designed for halogens causes more problems (especially for other drivers) than it solves.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:01 AM
I just picked up my XX HID kit 6k heads with 3k fogs, and i'm super excited to make this my first project to do up north in san jose. Also gonna add the yellow film from koolkev and knock it all out at the same time with the DIY independant fogs too. I love this site lol.

Big thanks to George from Xenith Xenons for meeting me to pick up my HID's

Any Fitfreakers in San Jose area that I can meet and network with PM me

Old 07-30-2010, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
How do u do the fogs with out head lights

Old 07-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by viperjh16
How do u do the fogs with out head lights
no offense to anyone elses thread on this but i thought this one made it the easiest
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...dent-fogs.html

Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ryanroland
I just picked up my XX HID kit 6k heads with 3k fogs, and i'm super excited to make this my first project to do up north in san jose. Also gonna add the yellow film from koolkev and knock it all out at the same time with the DIY independant fogs too. I love this site lol.

Big thanks to George from Xenith Xenons for meeting me to pick up my HID's

Any Fitfreakers in San Jose area that I can meet and network with PM me
I want to say one thing... put the HID kit in and take a look at the output on a wall. if there's no clean cutoff, don't do it. if it looks like what the OP has, return the kit. Look for something else.

I'm not like some of these "fanatics" about retrofits. I've used HID kits in halogen housing (1999 Nissan Pathfinder), and I can tell you one thing is for sure... the build of the kit changes things very quickly. Out of 3 kits, two made clean cutoffs, exactly what the "fanatics" are demanding. But the 3rd produced a bad cutoff, just like the OP's pic.

Amazon.com: JLM HID Kit H4/HB2/9003 Hi/Lo 10000K Flex Bixenon: Automotive

I bought that twice (same item from two separate sellers), the first was great, except the capsule burned out. It came poorly packed and oddly, after I rated the seller poorly about it, they disappeared. The second was actually my third kit, with a bad cutoff.

Amazon.com: XenTec HID Conversion Kit H4 H/L BIXENON 10000K (SKY BLUE): Automotive

This was my second kit... I had issues with the seller sending the wrong plug and then having a ballast go out. But it provided a clean cutoff once I swapped the ballast from the previous kit. Stupidly enough, I ordered the my 3rd kit (the same as the first as mentioned above) from the same seller.

These fanatics (I really want to use a stronger word, but alas...), CONSTANTLY use the bad examples, because the good ones don't show up on forums. And they don't bother doing any testing of their own, just use other people's words as gospel.

Maybe tomorrow night, I'm going to pull out the kits and start taking pictures of the cutoff... maybe that'll silence some of them.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
I want to say one thing... put the HID kit in and take a look at the output on a wall. if there's no clean cutoff, don't do it. if it looks like what the OP has, return the kit. Look for something else.

I'm not like some of these "fanatics" about retrofits. I've used HID kits in halogen housing (1999 Nissan Pathfinder), and I can tell you one thing is for sure... the build of the kit changes things very quickly. Out of 3 kits, two made clean cutoffs, exactly what the "fanatics" are demanding. But the 3rd produced a bad cutoff, just like the OP's pic.

Amazon.com: JLM HID Kit H4/HB2/9003 Hi/Lo 10000K Flex Bixenon: Automotive

I bought that twice (same item from two separate sellers), the first was great, except the capsule burned out. It came poorly packed and oddly, after I rated the seller poorly about it, they disappeared. The second was actually my third kit, with a bad cutoff.

Amazon.com: XenTec HID Conversion Kit H4 H/L BIXENON 10000K (SKY BLUE): Automotive

This was my second kit... I had issues with the seller sending the wrong plug and then having a ballast go out. But it provided a clean cutoff once I swapped the ballast from the previous kit. Stupidly enough, I ordered the my 3rd kit (the same as the first as mentioned above) from the same seller.

These fanatics (I really want to use a stronger word, but alas...), CONSTANTLY use the bad examples, because the good ones don't show up on forums. And they don't bother doing any testing of their own, just use other people's words as gospel.

Maybe tomorrow night, I'm going to pull out the kits and start taking pictures of the cutoff... maybe that'll silence some of them.
Here's the thing with HID's...they produce glare at other drivers, it's not about being cool with retrofitted projectors, it's about safety of other drivers. If you have to re-aim the light output on halogen headlamps, then what's the point in getting HID's?

edit - wrong word usage

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 AM
You know what I think? I think this forum has a lot of very supportive members that will always encourage people to keep up the spirit of "tuning" and no matter how bad they selection of rims or weird mods ppl always show support and never down talk their decisions or the ppl they buy from.

unless someone has blinded you with bad HID's and caused you to crash your all JDM spoon or mugen project car then why knock on people for wanting to increase their own safety by providing a longer light projection and at the same time getting rid of that awful yellow oem headlight look. Everyone has their different reasons for wanting to change the look or feel of their car, and everyone has different priorities.

I have a similiar HID kit on my 03 element and my wife drives it where she use to have to drive through a dark canyon road with the danger of animals running out into the road. I didn't even think twice about how it might be a little brighter in the face of the on coming cars(no one crashed from them) vs. my wife being able to see things down the road 100 ft further and way more visibility on the sides too!

This thread is a DIY install so ppl can reference it to install a very popular mod to their fits and for others to reply back about what they did on their install or how they did it differently. You have a valid argument about choices ppl make in their headlight selection but dont do it here. Make a new thread to dispute the "cutoff" and "glare" b/c IMO i didn't even care about those things when I decided to get my set 3 years ago (have never failed or burnt out) and the set I bought yesterday (hope for same results) I do know that when I bought HID-look like bulbs they burned out within 3 months and those cost $30/pair vs $110 for HID kit that lasted 3 years and counting. So for my money I will always go with HID kit w/ a warranty over shitty bulbs that dont.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I think you are putting ppl down for not being able to afford the BMW quality HID setups. I look forward to seeing a new thread where we can post pictures of different types of real HID kits vs "these" HID kits we are installing. Also projector HL's vs Reflector HL's would be a good comparison.

Thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 AM
and one more thing, Im from Riverside, CA where a majority of ppl drive lifted trucks and put HID kits that at that height WILL cause accidents. that's my pet peve. My car's HL's are 5 feet lower so I dont think it's as bad

Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
You know what I think? I think this forum has a lot of very supportive members that will always encourage people to keep up the spirit of "tuning" and no matter how bad they selection of rims or weird mods ppl always show support and never down talk their decisions or the ppl they buy from.
If it's something that has to do with aesthetics, then fine, so long as it doesn't affect other motorists. But HID's on halogen headlamps affect other motorists period. Again, if you're getter HID's for better light output, but HAVE TO RE-AIM (which anyone should for proper use), then there's really no point in getting HID's is there? Reason being, you'd have to re-aim the headlamps so as to not blind anyone. Stock halogen bulbs are more than efficient at putting out the light necessary for someone licensed to see ahead of them in the dark.

unless someone has blinded you with bad HID's and caused you to crash your all JDM spoon or mugen project car then why knock on people for wanting to increase their own safety by providing a longer light projection and at the same time getting rid of that awful yellow oem headlight look. Everyone has their different reasons for wanting to change the look or feel of their car, and everyone has different priorities.
How are you increasing your own safety by putting something on your car that affects other drivers? If anything, I'd rather not blind other drivers so they can keep their car in their lane while I go around them. Sorry, but this reason is stupid

I have a similiar HID kit on my 03 element and my wife drives it where she use to have to drive through a dark canyon road with the danger of animals running out into the road. I didn't even think twice about how it might be a little brighter in the face of the on coming cars(no one crashed from them) vs. my wife being able to see things down the road 100 ft further and way more visibility on the sides too!
And this is why you use high beams in the canyon

This thread is a DIY install so ppl can reference it to install a very popular mod to their fits and for others to reply back about what they did on their install or how they did it differently. You have a valid argument about choices ppl make in their headlight selection but dont do it here. Make a new thread to dispute the "cutoff" and "glare" b/c IMO i didn't even care about those things when I decided to get my set 3 years ago (have never failed or burnt out) and the set I bought yesterday (hope for same results) I do know that when I bought HID-look like bulbs they burned out within 3 months and those cost $30/pair vs $110 for HID kit that lasted 3 years and counting. So for my money I will always go with HID kit w/ a warranty over shitty bulbs that dont.
I have my own reasoning for posting in this thread instead of starting my own (see my sig).

Sorry if I offended anyone, but I think you are putting ppl down for not being able to afford the BMW quality HID setups. I look forward to seeing a new thread where we can post pictures of different types of real HID kits vs "these" HID kits we are installing. Also projector HL's vs Reflector HL's would be a good comparison.
Again, I'm not trying to put people down for getting quality HID's, I'm discouraging the use of HID's in CAD designed halogen headlamps.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM
and one more thing, Im from Riverside, CA where a majority of ppl drive lifted trucks and put HID kits that at that height WILL cause accidents. that's my pet peve. My car's HL's are 5 feet lower so I dont think it's as bad
What's your point, I travel all over so-cal...there're "Bros" everywhere....whether they're in lowered, slammed to floor honda civics or lifted Nissan Exterras. Just because your HID's aren't as blinding doesn't meant they're not blinding. My point is why contribute to the issue?

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits