Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slim33084
just out of curiosity but did either of your bulbs flicker on initial startup???? I know i connected everything correctly and tightly. I was thinking it mite have just been part of the breaking in process. and ideas or insites????????
Yes/ no the flicking will reduce after the initial break in period....after the break in period, but when you turn on the HID there will be flicking as initial warm up...but not so noticeable..... b/c the current and volts are stabilizing through the HID system....hints having the ballast there.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
ok thats good to hear. i was afraid that the one HID bulb was guna go out b/c it was only happening on the left side and not the right. but i have noticed that it has almost gone away after a few days of running with them

Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
should i be able to see the balests like this i put them in the exact same spot as the DIY and if thay get get will it hurt?

Name:  fitHID2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  fitHID3.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  42.0 KB

Old 06-04-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
They are totally fine b/c the ballast are weather proof and water proof.....I had HID for a year and haven't any problem.....

Old 06-15-2008, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
I just installed mine today and the hardest part was screwing the ballast in place. Holding the nut in between the sheet metal sucked, cut up my fingers a bit.

I have one problem though. I got the bi-xenons with the magnet and only my driver's side high-beam works. The passenger side doesn't do anything, but the low-beam is fine. Is my bulb defected or something?

Also, there is only one 3-prong plug that came with the kit right? And you plug that into the factory harness on the driver's side, and on the passenger's side you don't plug anything into the factory harness (?)

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I just installed mine today and the hardest part was screwing the ballast in place. Holding the nut in between the sheet metal sucked, cut up my fingers a bit.

I have one problem though. I got the bi-xenons with the magnet and only my driver's side high-beam works. The passenger side doesn't do anything, but the low-beam is fine. Is my bulb defected or something?

Also, there is only one 3-prong plug that came with the kit right? And you plug that into the factory harness on the driver's side, and on the passenger's side you don't plug anything into the factory harness (?)

Thanks for the help in advance.
screwing the ballest in place super hard i just zip tied mine >.< lol and maby a couple things you can check for about yopu passanger side high beam check all you plugins, and if its not that your relay may be bad that came with the set all you have to do is call them and thay will send you one like NOW and then you send yours back that are really cool with things like that. and for the 3 prong plug yes it only connects on the driver side. and if this dident help im sure azncarbos will be able to tell you better

Old 06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks pwnstar. Yea like he see check the connection on all the plugs, bu t that does not work switch the ballast around and see the driver will light up. If not contact George at XX and tell what happen and he will grad to switch the ballast for you.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for your help guys. I don't think I'll be switching the ballast around because that took forever. Do you think it's a ballast or that little black box?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Thanks for your help guys. I don't think I'll be switching the ballast around because that took forever. Do you think it's a ballast or that little black box?
I would guess that the problem is either the bulb or the black box. The balasts are working since both are lighting.

I would switch the two bulbs and see if the problem switches to the other side...then you know if it's a bulb that is bad. If the problem stays on the same side, then you either have a wiring problem or a bad black box.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Just installed mine yesterday no problems whatsoever!!! Absolutely love them. 6000k Rocks

Old 07-05-2008, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^^^Great to hear you are enjoy them and everything went well too!!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Mine flickers also. Should be normal.

On another note, does anybody know how to hook up the Hi/Low kit with the halogen high beam? I got the low beam working but when I turn on the high beam the halogen part turns on and the hid flickers. Here's how it's hooked up without the single spade on:
Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  23.6 KB

Old 07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ check your connection but by the picture you provided it look like the black wires are sharing the same hole make sure the red is on top and the black are side......

Old 07-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Those two black wires are the ones that go into one spade. The other black wire that is by itself i just tucked in the boot so it's not in the pic.

Strangely, that setup (red on side, 2 wire spade on top) is the only way I can get the HID to fire up. I tried putting the red on top and black on either side and no dice.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
yea b/c I install HID low and Halogen high a few time and help out other with before and it usually go the Red on top and the two black the side and I usually switch the black around if the other way didn't work.......

Old 07-10-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
You guys sold me! I installed Xenith Xenons (bi-xenon) today. You guys gave me the confidence to do it myself.
I must say I am very impressed with the quality of the product. Of course, it works great. It's not dark yet but I could see my mark on the garage door in broad daylight!
I've been debating hid's for the past year that I've owned the fit but instead went with Silvania Super Bright Ultra halogens, which I thought were pretty good. Well, it seems they only last about 6 months. So replacing them every 6 months would pay for the xenons in about 2 years.

Last edited by kndlewis; 07-12-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
i finally got them installed...

one reminder for those installing the Hids, make sure you know how to take out the paper clip metal thing that holds the bulb together, do one side at a time so u guys know how they lock up...it was a bitch putting them back on, b/c i took both sides off, without knowing how to put them back on

other then that, these hids are awesome! 6000k FTW! thanks george!

o and btw, are the lights suppose to make a machine noise before lighting up initially?

Last edited by jeimusu86; 07-13-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kndlewis
You guys sold me! I installed Xenith Xenons (bi-xenon) today. You guys gave me the confidence to do it myself.
I must say I am very impressed with the quality of the product. Of course, it works great. It's not dark yet but I could see my mark on the garage door in broad daylight!
I've been debating hid's for the past year that I've owned the fit but instead went with Silvania Super Bright Ultra halogens, which I thought were pretty good. Well, it seems they only last about 6 months. So replacing them every 6 months would pay for the xenons in about 2 years.

Good to hear you finally change over to HID!!!! Wow that something interesting how Silvania bulb go out every 6 months??? But, hope you enjoy your new HID!!!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
i finally got them installed...

one reminder for those installing the Hids, make sure you know how to take out the paper clip metal thing that holds the bulb together, do one side at a time so u guys know how they lock up...it was a bitch putting them back on, b/c i took both sides off, without knowing how to put them back on

other then that, these hids are awesome! 6000k FTW! thanks george!

o and btw, are the lights suppose to make a machine noise before lighting up initially?

Yes that sound is normal it just the ballast turning on.................

Old 07-18-2008, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
the sound only initially came on when i first started, it sounded like a crack, but it didnt happen after the first time, thanks azn carbos, without ur write up this wouldnt have been possible, im coming to ur meet at griffith park too

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits