Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
You guys are quick to answer questions lol, thanks for the quick help!!

Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 AM
BUMP!!!!

hey i pm'd you .. but i just finished skimming through all 8 pages.. and i thought i was the only one with the left hid headlights going out.. theres alot of you guys with that problem too.. so ill have to do the whole switch-o-roe with the lights to see if that would help out .any updates with this problems you guys are having, anyone figured it out.. cause its bothering me.

thx alot

Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
You pm me?
Is this HID brand new or has it been awhile since you installed it?

Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 240sxs13sleeper
BUMP!!!!

hey i pm'd you .. but i just finished skimming through all 8 pages.. and i thought i was the only one with the left hid headlights going out.. theres alot of you guys with that problem too.. so ill have to do the whole switch-o-roe with the lights to see if that would help out .any updates with this problems you guys are having, anyone figured it out.. cause its bothering me.

thx alot
Sent you a reply, I apologize for the delay. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:24 PM
hey i just tried installing the bixenon kit and i followed every step but my lights aren't working. they're not turning on at all. tried calling today and i left a message. any one have any ideas what's wrong?

oh and happy easter!

Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ababyfit
hey i just tried installing the bixenon kit and i followed every step but my lights aren't working. they're not turning on at all. tried calling today and i left a message. any one have any ideas what's wrong?

oh and happy easter!

flip your your plugs. you could have them backwards.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by niko3257
flip your your plugs. you could have them backwards.
which plugs? there's a male and a female coming from the balast and a male and female coming from the bulb. i didn't think i could screw it up lol

Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
which plugs? there's a male and a female coming from the balast and a male and female coming from the bulb. i didn't think i could screw it up lol

the ballast....if not check your grounding too...if you still have the problem...pm me

-Peter

Old 04-12-2009, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up very nayce~

hi there im just new here i just bought my car few months ago..and i was wondering where can i buy that HID light? maybe u can help me? thanks so much!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gene03
hi there im just new here i just bought my car few months ago..and i was wondering where can i buy that HID light? maybe u can help me? thanks so much!
Welcome to the Family!!!

here a link to Xenith Xenons Thread
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...ywhere-us.html
and George is the man to be contact.
Hope this help, if you have any more question just ask!

-Peter

Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member

the plugs coming from your car to the ballast.
they are usually reversible.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
i read through the thread, and found out that people have been having the problem with only one bulb coming on, my left one doesn't come on anymore (after about 6 months or so) so i tried to switch the bulbs around but the one on the left wont come on. i also switched the ballasts and still nothing. anyone have any other suggestions as to what is wrong? thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
if they have a separate harness check your fuses and the relays.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I put mine in last weekend, so far so good and I'm lovin them

Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
I would agreed with checking the fuses and the rely...if you still having the same problem...contact George at XX..

Nice to here TuroManGT!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't mean to bash...but

For those seriously considering this "upgrade", I would consult with the following link:
The HID FAQ Thread - Read before posting your questions - NASIOC

Summary: HID "kits" in a reflector assembly is unwise and unsafe IMHO. Reason being is because stock reflector assemblies can reflect light into the eyes of other drivers of oncoming traffic, or those in front of you.

Hence, the crappy cut-off
Name:  IMG_1324.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  27.0 KB

Compare to below off of another FIT
Name:  DSC00858.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  DSC00866.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  46.6 KB

Pics borrowed with permission from Jamesbizzle
Name:  tapsphotoshootwithFerdi-driversidea.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  8.0 KB

Be wise and get a retrofit with tsx projectors or s2k...safer, cleaner, sexier

-my 2 pennies

Last edited by jexeffectz; 05-04-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: correction cutout to cut-off and added comparison pictures
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by azncarbos
Nice to here TuroManGT!!!
Thank you I bought them in Nov/Dec but I wanted them to be a spring time install haha

Old 05-23-2009, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Dang, what hapened to the DIY pics? I was planning on installing my kit this weekend

nm what I said, freakin' hospital bblocks everything..

Last edited by fit-aficionado; 05-24-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Thank you I bought them in Nov/Dec but I wanted them to be a spring time install haha

hahaha Nice!

Originally Posted by fit-aficionado
Dang, what hapened to the DIY pics? I was planning on installing my kit this weekend

nm what I said, freakin' hospital bblocks everything..
Good know....LMK if you have any problem installing them.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jexeffectz
I don't mean to bash...but

Summary: HID "kits" in a reflector assembly is unwise and unsafe IMHO. Reason being is because stock reflector assemblies can reflect light into the eyes of other drivers of oncoming traffic, or those in front of you.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. There is no safe way to retrofit HID lighting into headlamps that were meant for halogen bulbs. None whatsoever.

Why is this? First, you have to understand how a reflector headlamp like the one in the Fit works.

Notice how the light is collected off different facets of the reflector to form a beam pattern. These facets aren't created randomly. Computer aided design is used to map out these points according to certain mathematical formulas. In short, everything that a reflector does is based upon the specific position of the light source down to the millimeter. Need proof? Here is a paper that details the whole industrial design process for an automotive headlamp.

What happens then when you switch out the bulb that was specified to be used in a headlamp with an HID burner* ? You change the position of the light source within the headlamp. All those CAD calculations that were done in the headlamp design process are now incorrect. The headlamp no longer has a coherent beam pattern. Light can now reflect off the reflector in any number of ways. You get hot spots, dim spots, and the most dangerous, stray light glaring other drivers. This can't be fixed as the HID burner will always be in the wrong position relative to the halogen bulb it replaced.

You might not think that a small amount of glare would be that much of an issue but consider that a D2S HID burner emits more than twice the amount of light than an H4 halogen bulb does on its high beam setting. Remember the last time you encountered someone who left their brights on and how annoying that was? Using an HID kit is like that but even worse to other drivers due to that light intensity.

When it comes to headlamps, optics trumps everything else. You can have a great light source, but if it isn't in focus, what is the point? Light all over the place isn't going to help you see better down the road. You need to have the right optics to take advantage of all that light.

If you need more information, take the time to read this link. Keep in mind that this guy has worked with the NHTSA (link) and thus is in a better position to determine what is safe and what is not than someone trying to make a buck selling HID kits.

*HID lights don't use a wire filament to emit light so it is incorrect to call them bulbs.

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits