Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K20 Fit How To Discussion

  #21  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 AM
quangalang's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: california
Posts: 667
what are you going to use for steering? i know you can't use the stock electric steering. the N1 crew used a steering rack from an RSX but they don't say how, from the looks of it they did not have power steering pump. they probably looped the steering rack. maybe you could do this as well.
 
  #22  
Old 05-16-2007, 01:09 AM
sy11580's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East side of the World
Posts: 2,116
Do you need to mod. the wire for the RSX cluster for the Fit??
 
  #23  
Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by quangalang View Post
what are you going to use for steering? i know you can't use the stock electric steering. the N1 crew used a steering rack from an RSX but they don't say how, from the looks of it they did not have power steering pump. they probably looped the steering rack. maybe you could do this as well.

I actually spoke with N1 Concepts, and Albert there told me that the JDM Yellow Fit that they have the K20 in is RHD and comes with a fluid power steering rack and pinion. They used a civic Type R pump and pulley.

Now for me I think the LHD and the Hasport kit clears the Electronic Power assist steering we have in the USDM! I have to double heck with hasport, but i think that it should be fine!
 
  #24  
Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
I just Ordered the EP3 2003 SI Hatch's Accelerator pedal Assy as it looks pretty close to the Phillipines Fit/Jazz model Cable Accelerator pedal assembly!! And I'll keep everyone posted!

(I'm going to Run Cable, Much better than DBW for performance!)
 
  #25  
Old 05-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
Mount Brackets and Axles are Here!!

Here are the Hasport MOunt Brackets and Axles that make the K20 into a Fit possible!!

Enjoy!




 
  #26  
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM
bestfit's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 289
wow.. keep us posted...
 
  #27  
Old 05-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 466
this is going to be sweet.
 
  #28  
Old 05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
sLiVeRwOrM's Avatar
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin TX, USA
Posts: 2,460
so have you made any progress or still collecting parts?
 
  #29  
Old 05-22-2007, 07:48 AM
blackgd3's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: laguna
Posts: 297
Awesome! Can't wait to see everything done
 
  #30  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM View Post
so have you made any progress or still collecting parts?
I'm about 1-2 weeks away from putting the engine in. Putting it in shouldn't be more than a day or two's work, it's the wiring and the Lack of Swap header that is worrying me.

I've got the accel. pedal and cable on it's way, and I'm formulating the wiring on paper. SO We're getting ready!
 
  #31  
Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 AM
New Member
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Casablanca
Posts: 1
Go on man, it's very interesting what you're doing.

It's been 1 year now that i'm planing on doing the same but didn't find any concrete info about this swap.

Please keep posting your work.

Can we install this hasport mount in a european fit (jazz) ?
I can't find any description in hasport.com
 
  #32  
Old 05-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
Hasport.com website has not put up the kit yet b/c it is not the FULL kit with replacement mounts and the wiring and the header, they want to promote it when it is 100%(that's my guess), BUT if you want what is ready now like I did CALL THEM!

Also there are no instructions on the swap yet on their site, so you must be very inclined with cutting and indenting! It is necessary to cut part of the Radiator support and bang in part of the side frame rail, I have to figure that out as of now.....
 

Last edited by gettinafit; 05-23-2007 at 09:40 AM.
  #33  
Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
NEWS UPDATE!!! The Accelerator pedal from the EP3 Civic SI hatch 01-04 is NOT a direct bolt on. I need to fabricate an adaptor bracket and extension from the firewall to get it to work, BUT the good thing is the bend and the size and space is good for this pedal! I will be doing that this weekend and keep you all posted!
 
  #34  
Old 05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 466
Originally Posted by gettinafit View Post
NEWS UPDATE!!! The Accelerator pedal from the EP3 Civic SI hatch 01-04 is NOT a direct bolt on. I need to fabricate an adaptor bracket and extension from the firewall to get it to work, BUT the good thing is the bend and the size and space is good for this pedal! I will be doing that this weekend and keep you all posted!

i wonder if theres a way to aquire a left hand drive fit pedal assembly from another country.... maybe it would be easier to bolt up.
 
  #35  
Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 AM
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
Retired Moderator
iTrader: (49)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,804
Originally Posted by gettinafit View Post
Here are the Hasport MOunt Brackets and Axles that make the K20 into a Fit possible!!

Enjoy!



Nice toys you have there
 
  #36  
Old 05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
Originally Posted by 805FitSport View Post
i wonder if theres a way to aquire a left hand drive fit pedal assembly from another country.... maybe it would be easier to bolt up.
I Just finished the custom bracket for te use of the EP3 Civic SI accelerator pedal cable actuated!

Here are the pics! Enjoy! NOTICE THE CONNECTOR FOR THE DBW PEDAL JUST HANGING!!! YES!!! IT"S GONE!!! NO MORE DBW!!!! YEAH!!!!







Now it's just put everything in, Wire it up, and get a custom header made!

Progress to come in the next 2-3 weeks! Stay Tuned!
 

Last edited by gettinafit; 05-28-2007 at 09:20 PM.
  #37  
Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
sy11580's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East side of the World
Posts: 2,116
Originally Posted by gettinafit View Post
I Just finished the custom bracket for te use of the EP3 Civic SI accelerator pedal cable actuated!

Here are the pics! Enjoy! NOTICE THE CONNECTOR FOR THE DBW PEDAL JUST HANGING!!! YES!!! IT"S GONE!!! NO MORE DBW!!!! YEAH!!!!


Now it's just put everything in, Wire it up, and get a custom header made!

Progress to come in the next 2-3 weeks! Stay Tuned!
Good news to hear you made a bracket to make it fit. So you care not able to drive the car now, right?
 
  #38  
Old 05-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New YOrk
Posts: 1,202
NO I just test fitted it, and put back the old DBW pedal.

I haven't started things yet, still putting wiring diagrams together on paper. And I have to get little things like coolant, M/T gear oil, ECT sensor pickup and possibly a real Water temp guage, an idler pulley and belt, etc.

SO I would say 2-3 weeks till I start the swap and 4-6 weeks till I'm fully Done and driving!
 
  #39  
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Gil554's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: WA, USA
Posts: 78
Thanks for keeping us updated!

Will you be fabbing the headers or having the work done?
 
  #40  
Old 05-29-2007, 05:18 AM
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA,CA
Posts: 124
Your my hero
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: K20 Fit How To Discussion


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.