Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K20 Fit How To Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Yes they work. That is why the wiring took so long ! And that is why I'm required to run the Fit ECU still on top of Kpro.
so who did your wiring? and how much would it cost to replicate more?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 AM
So... uhhh... any new info?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Checked the Kpro for codes, and although I did not run the engine for very long b/c no header, there seems to be no codes! The Fit computer on the other hand is throwing the check engine light... I have to check that with a scanner.

Other than that I need the header and I wiill drive it!

Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Checked the Kpro for codes, and although I did not run the engine for very long b/c no header, there seems to be no codes! The Fit computer on the other hand is throwing the check engine light... I have to check that with a scanner.

Other than that I need the header and I wiill drive it!

Can't blame the fit's ecu for going, "Gump...i can't feel my legs!"

Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Well the codes were for the Pedal Position assy that is no longer there (DBW electronic accelerator pedal).

Does not adversly affect the running of the engine or the instrumentation on the cluster. SO I am going to ignore it for now until I think of a fix.

Still waiting on the header!

Old 10-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
have you thought about modifying a eg K swap header? or is there too little room?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Who is building your header? Help me out with the wiring and getting a hold of a harness, and i'll help build you a header off my car once i have the swap in place... <shrug> At least then it'll fit for sure... heh.

Small sampling of some other crap i've built in the past: My Gallery

I'm planing on running the TSX TB, so i'll be using the drive by wire, so i shouldn't have that code come up with my setup, and if thats the only code, and all gauges work, then thats fine by me... haha!

I have everything ready to go for my swap, just need to sort the wiring... i won't start the swap until i have a solid direction with the wiring already in place... i can't have my car be down for that long, ya know?

Old 10-21-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
have you thought about modifying a eg K swap header? or is there too little room?

Our Fit Stock header and the K20A header goes is a similar place. (Between the firewall and the crossmember above the rack and pinion)

The EG header goes down farther and then 90 degrees towards the back.

Clearance is the issue more than anything. The Hasport swap header is a funky looking thing, but it doesn't rub or bang, it can be bolted and unbolted while the engine is in the bay. And Well I've already paid for it..... So I'm waiting on it. I've bought everything I could from Brian at hasport. We are always in communication about new parts for the Fit.

"Composimo" As for the wiring, I will ask my buddy and get back to you.
Thanks for the offer on the header, I'm locked in with Hasport, and they should be done hopefully this week!

Old 10-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you've got a lot of help from Brian.... itd be nice if he'd simply respond to my emails regarding this.

Oh well... i'm getting the impression that they simply do not care about this swap within the company AT ALL... its a shame... it'd be a MUCH more popular swap if they'd get off their ass and help those of us who want to do it, so that way in turn, we can help them figure out a way to make it even easier for everyone else, and document it like you have here... by doing so, it'll make more poeple even more comfortable with wanting to do the swap, which would in turn, help THEM sell more product... but i guess they just aren't interested in that. They have their cash cow with all the other easier swaps.

Yea man, just keep me posted, if there is anything i can do to help you, let me know. And definitely let me know about your buddies wiring setup.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Good News!!

My car will be on display at IMPORTFEST 2007

Toronto November 17th Saturday 2007~~!!!

Can't wait! wether I drive it or tow it, it's going!

Just wanted to share!!!

Come out and see it in person!!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Anymore info. about the header?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SpoonSportFit
Anymore info. about the header?
I wish!! I e-mailed Brian at Hasport.... not reply as of today, I will call him tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:57 PM
pray to the Honda gods! another beast is born! like freakin frankenstein from the lab! i love that honda components can be swapped from model to model. i know nothing of this technical work, i wish i did, i d be more focused on spending the cash on parts, if i could do the work myself.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Don't know if this had been answered before, I didn't read through all 11 pages of it. >.<

Does it still have A/C after the swap?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by n0thin
Don't know if this had been answered before, I didn't read through all 11 pages of it. >.<

Does it still have A/C after the swap?
Yes it does!!! He will custom the pipe to make the AC works!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580
Yes it does!!! He will custom the pipe to make the AC works!!!
Thanks Sy*** for answering! YES SHE WILL HAVE A/C!! I can't live without it!

As for an update, Hasport Says that they are picking up the header Monday! TOMORROW!!!

But it needs to be ceramic coated..... so waiting......

In the Meantime I have tucked the wires away neatly, Wired up the KPRO Check Engine Light, Adjusted the Accel pedal Travel with a rubber stop on the floor. That's it for this weekend..... no header, no driving.... I'm dying to drive my CAR!

Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Any new news?...

Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
**Update**

**UPDATE**

The Header from Hasport was not going to make it to me in time for the Car show, so I had to, against better judgement, weld it up custom. A friend of mine helped me out greatly! Big props to him!

SO, I HAVE A "Quiet-er" exhaust!!! THe bulk of the exhaust fumes are traveling down the exhaust!!!

I drove my baby last night after the install, and WOW! I went into VTEC only once, I'm still breaking in the clutch!

Now I need tires for my HFP's and I'm ready for the show!

Pics from Importfest 2007 Toronto will come shortly!

Vids shortly after that (by then the clutch will be broken in)!

VERY EXcited!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Wouldn't it be funny if the Hasport header showed up at your doorstep after you left for Canada?

Any chance they can overnight it to your hotel(on second thought, a bad idea!)? That would buy them a couple of days at least.

Edited to add - How loud is it now?

Last edited by Wave; 11-14-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Pics and vids galore pleez

Quick Reply: K20 Fit How To Discussion