Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

after boosting, whatelse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
one thing though, i am going to be running more than 6psi
thats perfectly fine. still no need to change oil viscosities

Old 04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
thats perfectly fine. still no need to change oil viscosities
well, you do sound like you know your stuff, but you are literally the first person to tell me not to run a thicker oil for my application.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
thanks, but a lot of it was from trial and error and seeing other ppl's mistakes and learning from them, and making some mistakes myself.

i honestly used to think like that about oils as well. Cuz it would make some sense. Thicker oil, sticks on the parts better instead of dripping off. But after much research and discussions with Honda heads, even domestic techs, they've all said the same thing.

I was also bought into the hype and gimmicks of Royal Purple, stockpiled over 50 cases of RP in the garage. Went thru about 3 cases before i started questioning its integrity and quality cuz it gave off an odd burnt smell after 3k miles on multiple cars that i used it in. Researched it online, and low and behold, i found the dirty facts and kept trying to tell myself that "its not true". So oil analysis, and baam, facepalm. Liquidated the RP supply to a bunch of locals, and used Amsoil or M1 ever since.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
one thing you dont know though, i am going to be running more than 6psi

my dyno tuner friend said that 5w40 would be the best for my application. he sees all types of turbos come in and out and i trust that he knows his stuff.

kelsodeez, what F.I. application are you going to use? Reason i ask is cause most of the kits out for our fits right now, don't really REQUIRE ANY of the things people have been mentioning, for example, even the 10psi kraftwerks kit that is coming out is suppossed to be plug and play and to only have minimal wear on the stock components. (again, this is why i'm asking you about what set up you are going with, as the rotrex kits in general are a bit of an exception to the wear and tear issues, simply because of the way they are designed)

Just wondering man!

Last edited by eldaino; 04-23-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:40 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
kelsodeez, what F.I. application are you going to use? Reason i ask is cause most of the kits out for our fits right now, don't really REQUIRE ANY of the things people have been mentioning, for example, even the 10psi kraftwerks kit that is coming out is suppossed to be plug and play and to only have minimal wear on the stock components. (again, this is why i'm asking you about what set up you are going with, as the rotrex kits in general are a bit of an exception to the wear and tear issues, simply because of the way they are designed)

Just wondering man!
im going to be running the t1r kit.also I have a different engine on the way I will be building for boost