Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
MmMMM... Track tomorrow.

Weather pending. :-/
really now?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
o yea the fit will see the quarter tomorrow im thinking 14.6 @ 93

Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
really now?
Love your sig!! REP!!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
sorry donno if I missed something, but at 8psi you are still on stock injector right? or have you added more to the kit?

my understanding is that you are on the kit + exhaust only?

either way, very nice numbers! I think HKS should be paying you for this..hehe

Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
totally nice numbers!!! i wouldnt mind getting the kit. the fit totally needs more power.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by diedwater
sorry donno if I missed something, but at 8psi you are still on stock injector right? or have you added more to the kit?

my understanding is that you are on the kit + exhaust only?
I second that question! I konw the F-CON is only "tuned" for 5.X...but your numbers would suggest that it has a tune much higher then the posted max.... comments?

How did you do in the 1/4 mile?

Did you use slicks or stocks?

BTW, Thanks for leading the way for the rest of us!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
you really think you'll only be doing a 14.6? i figured it would be a little better. at the crank you are probaby making,what, like 185hp?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by 1990hondahf
I second that question! I konw the F-CON is only "tuned" for 5.X...but your numbers would suggest that it has a tune much higher then the posted max.... comments?

How did you do in the 1/4 mile?

Did you use slicks or stocks?

BTW, Thanks for leading the way for the rest of us!
a shop called performance factory down the street from me is an HKS certified tuner/dealer they put her on the dyno and tuned it with 310cc injectors and upping the boost to 7.5-8.0lbs and being the peak of summer here in Florida the shop was really hot like almost 95 degrees so on a cooler day im sure we wold have seen mid 170s

Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
and well do track some time next week it rained here last friday

Old 09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Does Performance Factory sell the HKS kit for the FIT? If so how much? I'm over here in melbourne that's whay I'm asking....Thanks.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
hey didnt know if anyone cared but i did get to the track and ray ran a 14.8 @ 93 we were having truble with the launch cuz i was on street tires but i got a set of drag radials that i will have on tomorrow im expecting at least 14.4 @ 95. stay tuned for the results .......

Old 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...again-vid.html
heres the link to the vids and stuff

Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Love that vid....you might even be the first guy who broke the 15's with the HKS hit.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Talking T1R kit vs. HKS?

Well, yeah i think we'd all like to know a little more info about the install... Anyone's opinion on the T1R kit? I've thought about the T1R over HKS for many reasons, but the HKS kit is definitely cheaper... and apparently, just as impressive. Only question i have is... did u have to sacrifice the fog lights because of the inter cooler getting in the way? I know that with the T1R system, you lose the fogs...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by WSRPRED
Well, yeah i think we'd all like to know a little more info about the install... Anyone's opinion on the T1R kit? I've thought about the T1R over HKS for many reasons, but the HKS kit is definitely cheaper... and apparently, just as impressive. Only question i have is... did u have to sacrifice the fog lights because of the inter cooler getting in the way? I know that with the T1R system, you lose the fogs...
You lose the fogs on both kits.

Both kits are very similar. I opt'd for the T1R kit because I personally thought that the T1R kit came a bit more "complete" over the HKS kit. The HKS kit is purchased as a CARB legal kit, whereas the T1R kit is not. Also, in my town there is only 1 authorized HKS tuner, whereas, I just had my friend who works at a local speed shop quickly tune my Greddy Emanage Ultimate. We drove around and he fine tuned the fuel delivery on my laptop with the software I got with the emanage and made it run so much smoother just like that!

Josh's HKS kit is great, I like it which is why I started this thread, both kits use the same Garrett AR28 turbos. The good side of the T1R kit is that it comes with a test pipe, 310cc injectors, a BOV, and an easy to tune Greddy Emanage. The HKS kit is easy to install, but I can say the same for the T1R kit even tho I had to tap my oil pan. If I were to install the kit again on another fit I could have it installed and up and running in about 8hrs with a friend.

The HKS kit starts cheaper, but if you want similar power as the T1R kit, you need to add in the cost of a test pipe, O2 fix, larger injectors, re-tune the HKS F-con, and a Blow off valve and in the end you're about the same.

If I was able to choose a kit again, I'd still go with the T1R kit. The Greddy Emanage is pretty cool.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up Nice

Thanks for the info man. Yeah... poor fogs. lol sorry i got a thing for the fogs on a fit ... It'll just look a little strange with the sport lip and empty fog inserts, lol... but still... TURBO, or fogs.......hmmmmm... hehe... I'm just concerned about 8psi... do you think the f15 can take the abuse?... cause 5psi is nice... but comon 8psi gets u 165+ hp/tq !... I guess its a personal choice.

Anyway... yeah after looking at the HKS kit i just noticed. Your right, T1R is more complete... I found a great price (and ironically) on their OWN website...
T1R, Type One Racing USA
aj-racing has it going for 3895.00 lol... ANYWAY.

thanks for the stats.... peace

Old 09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by WSRPRED
Thanks for the info man. Yeah... poor fogs. lol sorry i got a thing for the fogs on a fit ... It'll just look a little strange with the sport lip and empty fog inserts, lol... but still... TURBO, or fogs.......hmmmmm... hehe... I'm just concerned about 8psi... do you think the f15 can take the abuse?... cause 5psi is nice... but comon 8psi gets u 165+ hp/tq !... I guess its a personal choice.

Anyway... yeah after looking at the HKS kit i just noticed. Your right, T1R is more complete... I found a great price (and ironically) on their OWN website...
T1R, Type One Racing USA
aj-racing has it going for 3895.00 lol... ANYWAY.++

thanks for the stats.... peace
I prefer the look of intercooler piping vs fog lights

As for the kit on the site that you linked, that kit doesn't look complete.. make sure you get everything. The AJ-R site kit comes with absolutely everything.

I'm pretty sure the L15 can take up to 10-12 psi safely. I hope to be pushing around 9-10 psi by next spring. I'm already at 160+ at 6psi. I think BlueCell, who is another T1R kit owner is boosting 7.5psi without any problems.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Hehe yeah.... Sounds good bro. The kit (on T1Rs site) lists everything except the test pipe, but its in the picture... and it IS their site, so i'm sure its included. I am definitely waiting for the right time to work on my jazz though... I'm putting together a parts list, and trying to educate myself on some of the work i can do on my own... I'm glad fitfreak exists, otherwise i'd be looooooost. Peace man

Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
You lose the fogs on both kits.

Both kits are very similar. I opt'd for the T1R kit because I personally thought that the T1R kit came a bit more "complete" over the HKS kit. The HKS kit is purchased as a CARB legal kit, whereas the T1R kit is not. Also, in my town there is only 1 authorized HKS tuner, whereas, I just had my friend who works at a local speed shop quickly tune my Greddy Emanage Ultimate. We drove around and he fine tuned the fuel delivery on my laptop with the software I got with the emanage and made it run so much smoother just like that!

Josh's HKS kit is great, I like it which is why I started this thread, both kits use the same Garrett AR28 turbos. The good side of the T1R kit is that it comes with a test pipe, 310cc injectors, a BOV, and an easy to tune Greddy Emanage. The HKS kit is easy to install, but I can say the same for the T1R kit even tho I had to tap my oil pan. If I were to install the kit again on another fit I could have it installed and up and running in about 8hrs with a friend.

The HKS kit starts cheaper, but if you want similar power as the T1R kit, you need to add in the cost of a test pipe, O2 fix, larger injectors, re-tune the HKS F-con, and a Blow off valve and in the end you're about the same.

If I was able to choose a kit again, I'd still go with the T1R kit. The Greddy Emanage is pretty cool.
Lucky you! I live in the midwest and I'd have to travel about 6 hours in any direction just to get to an HKS dealer, let alone a tuner!

If HKS allowed you to tune their F-CON, I would have gone with their kit, mostly because of the prefab wiring harness. But as it is, the F-CON is absolutely useless to me as a tuning device.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
Lucky you! I live in the midwest and I'd have to travel about 6 hours in any direction just to get to an HKS dealer, let alone a tuner!

If HKS allowed you to tune their F-CON, I would have gone with their kit, mostly because of the prefab wiring harness. But as it is, the F-CON is absolutely useless to me as a tuning device.
get hold of a cracked fcon is software

Name:  P1000319.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  105.9 KB

Quick Reply: HKS Turbo kit