Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HKS Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by leonine
did he get everything straightened out. is he still running the rc injectors?
Yup, still running the RC injectors.

BTW, I totally resent the fact that you keep bashing parts made in Canada and the US. HKS is an excellent company, but they've obviously put out a product that gives you boost, but keeps the reliability of the stock engine, hence the lower power output. But to bash T1R and Kraftwerks is completely out of line.

To say the T1R Turbo is unreliable is totally outrageous. There are a bunch of Fits in Vancouver running the T1R Turbo and many of them track their cars as well. I don't think anyone has had any problems or had a catastrophic failure.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
ok saying t1r is unreliable was wrong, sorry but i have not had any problems with the hks set up, it all come down to how professionally you install the kit, i actually thought out all the heat problems before and took the necessary steps to avoid any problems. im going for a tune on monday i will post afr's and hp numbers asap

Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
do you know how much stress that is putting on a 10.4:1 compression econo motor. yea no thanks i rather have reliable good hp then have a blown motor thar Canada is to blame for
6psi is nothing. D16y7's can take up to 10-15psi stock everything.
Im willing to bet the Fit motor can handle 10psi daily no problems.

Originally Posted by YeeFit
127whp @ 5.7psi is pretty weak IMO.. considering the T1R kit does 145whp@ 4.5psi and 165whp @ 6psi
All motors and dynos are different. And remember 127whp is stock injectors and stock exhaust.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
ok saying t1r is unreliable was wrong, sorry but i have not had any problems with the hks set up, it all come down to how professionally you install the kit, i actually thought out all the heat problems before and took the necessary steps to avoid any problems. im going for a tune on monday i will post afr's and hp numbers asap
Please do take a video of your car too if you can.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:27 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea, i dont think you should be bashing other kits that you havent tried. the HKS looked like a good kit, but when i saw it in person when i was in japan, i wasnt impressed. the T1R kit seemed like it was more complete and better built. but dont get me wrong, any boost is good boost. just because one kit seems like it will strain your engine less and puts out lower numbers doesnt mean its a bad kit and vice versa.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 AM
i'm just going to run nitrous with the turbo whistler.

eBay Motors: Fake Turbo Whistler Whistle Blow Off Valve BOV Sound (item 250264154829 end time Jul-01-08 19:00:00 PDT)

:-D

25% the cost of ALL 3 other options and just as reliable when done right!

plus i can buy a whistler!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned
So is everyone saying that the HKS kit doesn't offer a good performance gain considering the price? Also, how much would it affect the gas milegage of the vehicle?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
thank you, for the price you cant beat it and recently took a trip over to tampa about 100 miles and i did the math i still got 32.4 mpg and when i drive it at home getting on it from time to time i still do about 27 mpg.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
could it be that the HKS kit doesnt come with bigger injectors and that its running a slightly lower psi...that the t1r > HKS?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
okay. forget the part about the psi...i didnt read carefully that the t1r was only running 4.5 psi and the HKS is running 5.7...its probably the two different mappings and the turbo itself.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:19 AM
I just put the HKS kit on my car and have to say LOVE the kit. Was just what I expected in the fit and finsh of the kit. I would not expect anything less from HKS. It was easy and looks very clean under the hood. That is the part I really like "Clean Look"

As for the other kits out there, ***IN MY OPINION*** I did consider KW, but a supercharger has ist HP limits, Plus I did get to see a KW on a SK2 last week end, and did not think much of the appearance of the kit. As for the T1R kit, I like things to be clean like I said before, The Greddy EM you have to splice you ECU Harness where the HKS has a plug and Play Hrarness. Plus puting in Larger Injector in for the HP gains does not seem right. From the pics the kit look good as the rest on the T1R stuff.

Last, for the HP between the HKS and T1R kit. HKS 125 to T1R 145

First, HKS is 50 State Legal Big Plus to me

Second, HKS DYNO was with Turbo kit and a Rear section Exhaust

T1R does not say with or with out exhaust. I would bet they used there full system. Also the kit does come with a cat delete. When I saw this when I was Looking for a kit. This made me think. SO TO ME they make the same HP. Taking a cat out of a Turbo car makes a BIG wait Huge difference.

Once I have my Exhaust Built next week I will be getting the car DYNO and find out.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Please let us know how that goes. I am seriously considering on getting the kit next week. I REALLY wish there was more power out of it but considering it's CARB legal it's a huuuuuuge plus for me. I can floss that nice FMI on my NHBP without worrying of being sent to the reff.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah hks is one of the cheaper turbos right?
that's good

Old 07-04-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i just noticed that its carb legal.

that is a big thing to me in CA.

im not about to get pulled over and get sent to the reff. or just pulled over and being harrased.

that sticker means a lot.

so with that said, hmm...and it doesnt remove the cat? so a downpipe with a cat delete will be a nice upgrade to achieve those higher numbers eh?

kamispeedwannabe----what steps did you take for the heat problems?

did you build your own custom manifold set up or what?

Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by TOOL
I heard a NA Fit, with basic boltons beat, a HKS Turbo Fit around the Streets of willow track. Both cars had the same driver...JDMChris told me this..

Tyler
Hello Everybody!

I just wanted to clarify this. Our car with the HKS Turbo Kit was actually 0.6 seconds faster than the NA Fit at the Streets of Willow (with the same driver). Alec is a really good driver. I'm sure his lap times would be faster on NA if he stayed for later run groups. I wanted his feedback on the performance of the HKS turbo kit and our suspension setup. We were expecting better results (lap time wise), but we just wanted more seat time with the turbo and suspension. I think Alec's Fit had stock suspension too!

I caution everyone to not let lap times to convince you one way or another. Our lap times were faster than 350Z's, S2000, GSR, and Shelby Mustang. You know and I know, that our cars are not "faster" than these cars.

I also wanted to comment on the HKS Turbo Kit. We feel that the kit is very well made. The craftsmanship and quality of the parts are excellent. Fit and finish is great. CARB legal is a huge plus. We're happy with the performance so far (until we modify it!).

One thing that is often overlooked but very important is the installation process/documentation. Installation instructions are excellent with this Kit. Being in the technical writing industry, we have to say that the instruction manual for this kit is one of the best we've seen in the JDM aftermarket. To contrast this, one of our suspension components didn't even come with instructions (very frustrating).

I would recommend that anybody running this turbo kit (or any kit) to install a catch can.

If you have questions on the HKS Turbo Kit, feel free to email us info@h-fit.com.

Thanks!
Johnny
H-Fit team

Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
heh...finally you guys speak up j/k

havnt heard from yall since the meet.

anyways, do you guys have any problems with heat?
i mean feeling bj's engine bay, it was SUPER hot....hotter then what its suppose to be.

im really interested in this kit only because its carb legal. the FCON is a big turn off. where do you folks at h-fit.com get it tuned at?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Did you ever get this done???

Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Luvs Dah b00st!
hey lol my super awesome hard core driving was a bit to much for the fit's clutch i have ordered the T1R Exedy clutch set and hope to get back on the dyno asap ill keep you posted.

and as for the heat problem i fixed it with $40, i used heat wrap and metal exhaust ties to wrap the coil packs and used spacers to lift the back of the hood up to release the heat. not one problem with this amazing kit yet HKS FTMFW!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by drzenitram
i'm just going to run nitrous with the turbo whistler.

eBay Motors: Fake Turbo Whistler Whistle Blow Off Valve BOV Sound (item 250264154829 end time Jul-01-08 19:00:00 PDT)

:-D

25% the cost of ALL 3 other options and just as reliable when done right!

plus i can buy a whistler!
why don't you just get a CD of a formula 1 or nascar(if that's yer thang) motor revving at redline and blast it on your stereo lmao?!?!?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
HKS = LEGAL!!!!!!!

KWSC base = LEGAL, therefore similar HP #'s

EVERYTHING else = ILLEGAL, can't get higher #'s
without breaking the laws

who much money/time do u think it's gonna cost come emission testing time when you have to remove everything to and re-install the stock set-up to pass, then remove the stock set-up and re-install OTHER kit after passing tech?

Quick Reply: HKS Turbo kit