Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
lol i'm ordering blue vacuum line this week.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:03 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
why dont you run an intercooler with the supercharger?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
waiting to see what the kraftwerks intercooler looks like although it is a top mount so i dont expect much. I really dont want to lose my fogs and i have so much sh!t crammed in the engine bay that re-routing the piping will prove to be a real pain in the ass.

If others are pleased with the intercooler from KW and it shows a noticable difference in under-hood temps then i will get it otherwise i'll run methanol.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
its a top mount theyre releasing? man I really need to get some cash so i can get mine installed... =/

Old 05-31-2009, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
If your car was on the market as a constructed sculpture you would have to call it l "Plumbers Night Mare In Blue".

Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew View Post
its a top mount theyre releasing? man I really need to get some cash so i can get mine installed... =/
that's what i heard but who knows what's going on.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
JDMChris said that it was top mount and had a 3 or 4 (or maybe it was 2 or 3) H.P. advantage over a front mount, and that it used a cowl induction scoop like on a Corvette...... Imagine the timing advance possible with methanol/water injection and the I/C.... Maybe it could also handle more boost with both set ups. Nah, not without a major beefing up of the engine internals.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine View Post
wsup G! How you been? When is Lance gonna have a meet at his shop?
I'm doing good. I'm not sure is it true about the meeting at his shop.

I heard about it, but never confirm. If I know I will let you know ASAP, I want to try to sit in your car

Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote View Post
JDMChris said that it was top mount and had a 3 or 4 (or maybe it was 2 or 3) H.P. advantage over a front mount, and that it used a cowl induction scoop like on a Corvette...... Imagine the timing advance possible with methanol/water injection and the I/C.... Maybe it could also handle more boost with both set ups. Nah, not without a major beefing up of the engine internals.
i'm very pleased with the performance as it is no need for more boost for me. power on hand and still get's 35mpg. the hp difference was probably due to the piping being longer. my concern is the cooling. i want to know how many degrees cooler and how many vs. a front mount.

i'm very curious how they are going to pull off a cowl scoop. the scoop i saw being sold on this forum is sweet but it sits right above the brake fluid resevoir. they are gonna have to be pretty creative to fit anything there that is gonna make any real difference.

Last edited by leonine; 06-01-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580 View Post
I'm doing good. I'm not sure is it true about the meeting at his shop.

I heard about it, but never confirm. If I know I will let you know ASAP, I want to try to sit in your car
glad to hear your well. In any case the weather is getting warmer we need to hook up.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE} the hp difference was probably due to the piping being longer. my concern is the cooling. i want to know how many degrees cooler and how many vs. a front mount.

Are you referring to the manifold intake runners length?
Have I missed a post in regards to a dyno run and the results?

Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
no i was refing to what yo had sais regarding the hp difference between the top vs. front mount intercooler setup.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
I gotcha. Sleep deprivation, chronic pain, numerous medications combined with old age is taking its toll on my cognitive skills. Sorry.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
I gotcha. Sleep deprivation, chronic pain, numerous medications combined with old age is taking its toll on my cognitive skills. Sorry.
lol i'm gettin up there myself.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 PM
sick paint job on the supercharger pipeing.
i might have to go powercoating or anodizing for a turbo setup due to the high temps.... or do u think it would work.... are you gonna have to do some more painting if you go intercooler... any tips?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks. So far the paint has held up very well. My under-hood temps have seen 150 unfortunately although not for long. Since i have bypassed the TB coolant lines and cut out the part of the splash shield that covers the passenger side of the engine (where the s/c unit is itself) my temps are down 30-40 degrees. Although when i stomp on it the temps rise very quickly cause the header is a couple of inches away from the piping which sucks. I need to get that header blanket and cover the whole thing hopefully that helps.

If i do get an intercooler i will definately paint the piping to match. More than likely i will live with it the way it is for now. Dumped crazy $$$ and time for a break.

If you are gonna paint it yourself use urethane based paint/clear. More expensive but much more durable.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
I thought about that green silicone and found that a rat had gotten under my hood and gnawed through my super car vacuum line. I had to drive 100 miles round trip to get that size and kind of hose and had the choice of Green, Black or Orange. I wanted something original so Orange it was.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 AM
i love college
and gnawed through my super car
haha good typo

Old 06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
I am doing a lot of typos lately for some reason. I am laughing about that one my self.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
thanks for the paint info, did u match the oem paint code? i also have vbp blue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.