Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by im the fit
I was referring to the 2nd pic..............Mine is made by weapon-r

Thumbs up for a clean engine bay!

Old 12-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
^ needs more skunk2

Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Hey wzup peeps! Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. Well i have to say it has been a fun ride the past few years with my Fit. Being able to keep up with a stock 2007 SI on the highway is a great accomplishment for the Fit's little motor. I never dyno'd my car but i am guessing i'm making more than 130 whp for an a/t to be able to keep up with an SI.

Unfortunately my AEM a/f gauge crapped out a few months ago and with winter coming and no garage i disconnected the blower, but the stock belt back on, swapped out the injectors, etc... and now the car is back to somewhat stock. I didn't feel comfortable driving without it.

Found out 3 things:

1) the Fit engine can take an enormous amount of abuse. Blasting 10+ psi for 6 months with no problems and no damage whatsoever to the drivetrain. Purrs like a tiny kitten.

2) Gas mileage is still the same. 30-32. Actually i had better mileage with the blower connected and the AEM tune.

3) My car is really slow now!

Next spring i'll rewire everything (hopefully it is just short somewhere) and hook everything back up. Hope everyone has a great new year!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Nice to see you back my friend! Sorry to hear about your problems...looking forward to seeing you back on the roads at 10PSI ASAP!

Happy New Year!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Found out 3 things:

1) the Fit engine can take an enormous amount of abuse. Blasting 10+ psi for 6 months with no problems and no damage whatsoever to the drivetrain. Purrs like a tiny kitten.

2) Gas mileage is still the same. 30-32. Actually i had better mileage with the blower connected and the AEM tune.

3) My car is really slow now!

It's nice to hear these good things about your evaluations..... I can imagine it would be an eye opening transition going back to stock performance after driving with all of that boost for as long as you did..... Maybe that Kraft Werks will read this and take notice of what you've experienced and consider a 10 PSI upgrade for the automatic cars.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
back from the dead...

Hey wsup peeps.

Warmer weather is on the move! Re-wired the gauges and got the a/f working again. relocated them to the side pillar much cleaner than before. Just reconnected the FIC and installed the test pipe yesterday. running the F/IC stock first to double check and make sure everything if kosher.

A little at a time. Gotta do a valve job, swap out the injectors, and reconnect the blower and i'll be back in business. Hopefully by the end of the month.

Peace.

B

Old 04-04-2010, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to hear you are still at it. I picked up a FI/C but have haven't done a thing with it yet.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 AM
5 Year Member
Nice! 10psi a/t ftw!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
For what its worth the 2007 Si makes 180whp. Which I think means you can go 0-60 in around mid 6 seconds. Impressive. Anyone know if the high boost can be adjusted to not use 10psi but maybe 7 or 8psi?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
The Hondata reflash is for 10 PSI so you would have to have a different reflash.... You can keep the pressure at less than 10 PSI by just using less throttle but after driving your car with 10PSI you will never be able to not want to use every bit of the power on hand on occasion.... An electronic throttle controller in the optimal eco setting tames things down considerably making it possible to leave intersections when the light changes without lighting up the front tires.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
I'll say it again...

I would absolutely purchase a high-boost kit RIGHT FRICKIN' NOW for my A/T GD3 if KraftWerks would come out with it.

5 PSI is pretty damn fun for the L15...10 PSI must be really cool!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
I would absolutely purchase a high-boost kit RIGHT FRICKIN' NOW for my A/T GD3 if KraftWerks would come out with it.

I like it too much and yet there are things that are worrisome. I have to rotate my tires more frequently. I can tell that I need to put away money for an upgrade to better motor mounts.... I just don't know how I would be able to explain to a cop why I would be cruising at 40 MPH over the posted maximum speed limit on a federal highway.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I like it too much and yet there are things that are worrisome. I have to rotate my tires more frequently. I can tell that I need to put away money for an upgrade to better motor mounts.... I just don't know how I would be able to explain to a cop why I would be cruising at 40 MPH over the posted maximum speed limit on a federal highway.
Rotate tires more frequently? Can do. Not a problem

Motor Mounts? Check - upgraded to Innovative a looong time ago.

Explain things to the cops? Have you noticed my avatar lately?

Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
I suppose if I was a Free Mason, wore a Stetson hat, big belt buckle and cowboy boots the local lawmen would cut me some slack if I was driving a Dodge Ram Dually pulling a trailer load of hay.... You wouldn't believe the stuff they will hassle a person for... I was once pulled over for riding a motorcycle on 2 wheels. They thought that was unlawful just because it had a sidecar.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Wave

x2 I really wish they would give use auto guys a high boost option

Old 01-23-2011, 12:35 PM
So?? Was the kit reinstalled? Did the A\T hold up? No failures? No problems whatsoever??

Marko!!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
kw

I got the same kit for my a/t fit waiting to be put in any one know if the Honda data will cover for the super card / emanagement I think it will.?

only kit avalibal was the manual, was going to sell the rotrex for the a/t set up but if possible, I would do the manual rotrex, incase I where to really want to go bigger and upgrade internals it would be nice to have the 15-60 in. I have no clue what the 15-16 is capable of for psi and gains..

Old 07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Still breathing

Hello there peeps!

My baby is still breathing. 180,000 miles and still boosted. I was running 10psi for close to a year. 2 problems that ultimately kept me from staying that way.

1) The weapon r 1st gen manifold I had was not the best quality. it did not have the threaded piece to bolt to the engine so it was always torqueing and eventually snapped. So no more manifold

2) The AEM F/IC is not a Hondata reflash. Never could get the tune quite right but it was and still is far better than the stock kit fuel management.

Currently I am back to 5psi and stock manifold. I still use the f/ic but recently found out that Hondata came out with f-manage for the Fit. VERY TEMPTING but I would most definitely have to go to the dyno. Not really sure I want to drop another grand. Probably not unless the F/IC craps out completely..

Only problem now is I keep fouling out an egr valve every 4-6 months. Not sure if it is the f/ic or just the boost itself. Was wondering if the Civic or another model would bolt up?

But overall I still love my Fit and would never go back to stock. Still drives great and no major problems with the kit at all.

This morning I changed the serp belt (so much easier with the right tool - 10 minutes!!!) and also customized the piping a bit. It was always rubbing against the rear of the engine by the oil cap. Also got a new tensioner from Kraftwerks. They are no longer making kits for the Fit just whatever spare parts are left over. But they built a great one.

Not on the boards as much as I used to be but still going strong. The link below shows the latest setup. Peace!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n478ggl681f9bfo/ewwesOhOOk

Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Hello there peeps!

My baby is still breathing. 180,000 miles and still boosted. I was running 10psi for close to a year. 2 problems that ultimately kept me from staying that way.

1) The weapon r 1st gen manifold I had was not the best quality. it did not have the threaded piece to bolt to the engine so it was always torqueing and eventually snapped. So no more manifold

2) The AEM F/IC is not a Hondata reflash. Never could get the tune quite right but it was and still is far better than the stock kit fuel management.

Currently I am back to 5psi and stock manifold. I still use the f/ic but recently found out that Hondata came out with f-manage for the Fit. VERY TEMPTING but I would most definitely have to go to the dyno. Not really sure I want to drop another grand. Probably not unless the F/IC craps out completely..

Only problem now is I keep fouling out an egr valve every 4-6 months. Not sure if it is the f/ic or just the boost itself. Was wondering if the Civic or another model would bolt up?

But overall I still love my Fit and would never go back to stock. Still drives great and no major problems with the kit at all.

This morning I changed the serp belt (so much easier with the right tool - 10 minutes!!!) and also customized the piping a bit. It was always rubbing against the rear of the engine by the oil cap. Also got a new tensioner from Kraftwerks. They are no longer making kits for the Fit just whatever spare parts are left over. But they built a great one.

Not on the boards as much as I used to be but still going strong. The link below shows the latest setup. Peace!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n478ggl681f9bfo/ewwesOhOOk
Good to here its hold up just fine makes me feel better about getting that unit installed for my a/t fit in sted of selling it and getting the 15-16
was the tranny cooler some you put in because you thought better safe than sorry?
Dose the bov help with the pressure for your sc?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
yup the tranny cooler was for additional protection. I also change my fluid every 15000 miles. only drain and refill. a little under 3 quarts.

and the bov for an A/T is really unnecessary. But when in S-Mode it sounds nice.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?