Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feared
it should be a % loss, not a specific hp loss.

if he was gettin 80 at the wheels, its a 27% power loss through the drive train.
I agree and that's exactly what I said in my post below but eldaino said there is no percentage loss. I don't know about that.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Car guys all over the net are debating this, and in a gentlemanly way, I must admit..... There is more power drop from the drivetrain as power increases but not linear in percentage, but it is sure close.... I just hate it too.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
I agree and that's exactly what I said in my post below but eldaino said there is no percentage loss. I don't know about that.

crap, i didnt mean to say that there was NO percentage loss, thats actually probably the best way to calculate it, since each fit will make similiar but not exact numbers to the wheels. the way i did it is just the easiest way for me to figure out crank hp numbers. my fit with the same mods should put out around the same amount, granted that mine is a/t too, and should suffer roughly the same drivetrain loss.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DynamicFit
121 hp to the wheels are for manual fits. Not automatic

could have sworn that the graph said the person who made that much power was an a/t driver with the spark plugs. we were talking about it in the regular kraftwerks thread.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Since we're on the topic, do you guys know why the fit loses more than normal through the drivetrain? I thought common HP % losses were about 20% for Auto's and like 15% for Manuals. What is it about the Fit A/T that soaks up so much?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Since we're on the topic, do you guys know why the fit loses more than normal through the drivetrain? I thought common HP % losses were about 20% for Auto's and like 15% for Manuals. What is it about the Fit A/T that soaks up so much?
Looking at the Kraft Werks graphs what you thought appears to be pretty close..... There are pumps, filters, valves and the torque converter weight that is holding back the Automatic..... As slick as the CV joints are, they still create friction.... Guys that are lowering their cars are compounding this by doing so and putting on a wheel tire combination with wider cross section and more weight, even more so.... I have read that that laws of physics are that the reduction of rotating mass has no effect on horse power output on a dyno, but also I have read of guys showing a power gain on a dyno after going to lighter wheels and tires.....This leads me to reason that it must be due to drive train friction reductions.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
What's the general cost someone could expect to have the kit professionally installed?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Looking at the Kraft Werks graphs what you thought appears to be pretty close..... There are pumps, filters, valves and the torque converter weight that is holding back the Automatic..... As slick as the CV joints are, they still create friction.... Guys that are lowering their cars are compounding this by doing so and putting on a wheel tire combination with wider cross section and more weight, even more so.... I have read that that laws of physics are that the reduction of rotating mass has no effect on horse power output on a dyno, but also I have read of guys showing a power gain on a dyno after going to lighter wheels and tires.....This leads me to reason that it must be due to drive train friction reductions.

what he said.

confirmed it, wytt was the member who dynoed his car and got the 121/118. i believe he was automatic.

i was browsing the kraftwerks pic thread...who is rocking the white a/t fit with the mugen nr's? its beautiful

Old 07-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
What's the general cost someone could expect to have the kit professionally installed?
Your looking at probable $800. That's what it cost me and I think some others

Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
So like around $3800 total?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
So like around $3800 total?
It took me about 35 hours to install mine but I am an old man with degenerative bone disease of the spine and knees.... If I was 30 years younger I could have easily done it in less than half that time.... Do the installation yourself, don't buy it with a credit card and take the money saved and buy a good set of tools (if you need them) or some more tools.... You can call Kraft Werks if there is a problem and they will help you. If they have to call you back have a beer and study the installation manual or ask some one here on this forum.... If you have a friend that isn't an idiot they may able to save you some time... 2 heads are better than 1 1/2 and much better than 1.... You will have first hand knowledge of how it works and know how to locate any little glitches that may occur, regardless of who installs it, and also have pride and bragging rights that money can't buy.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
It took me about 35 hours to install mine but I am an old man with degenerative bone disease of the spine and knees.... If I was 30 years younger I could have easily done it in less than half that time.... Do the installation yourself, don't buy it with a credit card and take the money saved and buy a good set of tools (if you need them) or some more tools.... You can call Kraft Werks if there is a problem and they will help you. If they have to call you back have a beer and study the installation manual or ask some one here on this forum.... If you have a friend that isn't an idiot they may able to save you some time... 2 heads are better than 1 1/2 and much better than 1.... You will have first hand knowledge of how it works and know how to locate any little glitches that may occur, regardless of who installs it, and also have pride and bragging rights that money can't buy.
great advice. i'd love to take on a project like this with my pops

Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
If I was going to get one of these kits, it would probably have to be close to when the car is payed off, financing sucks! My Uncle has been working on cars for years now, he could probably do it very easily. I'd buy him a six pack sit back and let him go at it.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Well then this is not gonna help at all!

What the heck happen to the intake manifold??

Old 12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by im the fit
What the heck happen to the intake manifold??
It's aftermarket.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
It's aftermarket.
Dang!! I didn't know that? WHO MAKES IT?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
It's aftermarket.
I was referring to the 2nd pic..............Mine is made by weapon-r

Name:  SDC14210-1.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  176.9 KB

Old 12-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I think he JB welded it and then rhino linered it lol

Old 12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
his is weapon r too. just look at the second to last picture. you can see there company logo stamped on the manifold.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
his is weapon r too. just look at the second to last picture. you can see there company logo stamped on the manifold.
I knew that...gimme was just being a smartas*

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?