Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
we should meet up at NJ sometime to have coffee and dinner!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
I remember Leonine saying that his automatic transmission equipped Fit ran to rich to use colder heat range spark plugs.... This was before he upped his boost and did all of the tuning and was still running the base 5 PSI kit.... Hopefully the dimensions and tighter gap of the IK22s will work better than what he was using at the time..... Where the heck is Leonine anyway?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Where the heck is Leonine anyway?
Running around at 10PSI and loving it I'd imagine.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Wave
I might have to go find his thread but did he have to get a new pulley to get to 10 psi?

Im seriously thinking of buying a AEM F/IC unit and getting my car tuned. Though I think I also need to get the boomslang harness, bigger injectors, Test pipe/high flow cat and maybe even a trans cooler... wow this is going to be expensive.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
IIRC it was the simple removal of the "KraftWerks Supercharger Insert" that got him there.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
10 PSI?.... I think that you may be under estimating what that guy is capable of.... Then again he may be having to put in extra time on the job to rebuild his finances.... I would have to sell my car and move into my old van if I allowed myself to do all that he has done.... I guess if that were the case I'd sell the van and a whole lot of guitars and amps that I wouldn't have room for in my car.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I haven't nicknamed him, "THE MAD SCIENTIST" for nothing you know.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
yea leonie has got some balls. i would be scared to death to do what he has done to his fit, and on his own no less. but he is paving the way to making stuff like that easy.

in all seriousness i wish hondata would come up with something for our cars (which i know they can since they have a management system for highboost), so that we could purchase the base kit and have it tuned to run a bigger amount of boost. (i'm sure hondata would be a more seamless integration that even the supercard.)

Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
yea leonie has got some balls. i would be scared to death to do what he has done to his fit, and on his own no less. but he is paving the way to making stuff like that easy.

in all seriousness i wish hondata would come up with something for our cars (which i know they can since they have a management system for highboost), so that we could purchase the base kit and have it tuned to run a bigger amount of boost. (i'm sure hondata would be a more seamless integration that even the supercard.)
I agree with everything you said, but the Hondata reflash and AEM F/IC would surely take care of everything if you were wanting to add methanol/water injection and maybe want to change things up a little when you wanted to add nitro methane to the mix for those mad scientist moments.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I agree with everything you said, but the Hondata reflash and AEM F/IC would surely take care of everything if you were wanting to add methanol/water injection and maybe want to change things up a little when you wanted to add nitro methane to the mix for those mad scientist moments.

lol! no my desires are not so lofty.

honestly, i just want to see what an a/t base kit can do equipped with the intercooler, and exhaust/headers.

the only base kit dynos i have seen are on the kraftwerks site, the best one being with the new spark plugs and everything else totally stock. he made 121 whp and 118 lb-ft of torque, and after losses have been calculated, (i think it was wytt?) this fit is pushing out 140+hp and nearly the same amount of torque. granted thats awesome, but i would love to be making around 135whp...thus equalling about 150-160 hp at the crank with the torque to match.

that would be like swapping in a k20a3...with the torque of a k24....and the weight/balance penalties of NEITHER.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
lol! no my desires are not so lofty.

honestly, i just want to see what an a/t base kit can do equipped with the intercooler, and exhaust/headers.

the only base kit dynos i have seen are on the kraftwerks site, the best one being with the new spark plugs and everything else totally stock. he made 121 whp and 118 lb-ft of torque, and after losses have been calculated, (i think it was wytt?) this fit is pushing out 140+hp and nearly the same amount of torque. granted thats awesome, but i would love to be making around 135whp...thus equalling about 150-160 hp at the crank with the torque to match.

that would be like swapping in a k20a3...with the torque of a k24....and the weight/balance penalties of NEITHER.
I think you'de have to be making more than that at the crank to get 135 WHP considering the AT's horrible drivetrain loss. I saw stock AT Fits Dynoing 80 WHP from 109 stock so that's roughly 27% HP loss through the drivetrain. To get the 135 at the wheels your looking at 184 at the crank.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
eldaino, I like the way you think.... Brain farts wake me up at all hours of the night with insane ideas and crazy reasoning about what has, could and has been done in the quest of gratifying performance from small engines.... There has been a lot of money wasted by a lot of people that succumb to the image painted by marketers of products that do very little.... I am thoroughly pleased with the base kit and wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything that appeals to me that Kraft Werks sells.... I'll be 60 soon and in addition to being legally crazy also have major physical limitations, and yet had no problems in installing the kit on my car.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
I think you'de have to be making more than that at the crank to get 135 WHP considering the AT's horrible drivetrain loss. I saw stock AT Fits Dynoing 80 WHP from 109 stock so that's roughly 27% HP loss through the drivetrain. To get the 135 at the wheels your looking at 184 at the crank.
Kraft Werks dyno charts charts are showing maybe 3 or 4 more horsepower than what you have seen.... A 27% horsepower loss from stock doesn't mean there will be that much loss at a higher crank shaft power output, as the power gains for the manual transmission cars are very close to those of the automatics, even though they are using a smaller super charger.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:32 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
so now what about routing the air intake somewhere else so that you are not receiving the higher temperatures brought on by the header?

or possibly a heat shield?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
how do you figure? i dont mess with percentages.

lets comapre your numbers.
the kit i have i mind with the upgraded spark plugs made 121whp, 118lb-ft torque.

if he was making 80hp to the wheels thats a 29hp loss. at the 29hp to the exisiting 121 (thus making up for losses) and you are at a 150 hp fit, right on target with what i said.

if he was making 135 hp to the wheels, you only add back the orginal 29hp loss to that. thus even then, only ='s 164hp, still not quite the 184 crank you mentioned. my method is flawed, but easy.

texas coyote: wow i didn't realize you were 60! thats awesome you spend so much time with us youngins on these boards. your support of the kit inspires me to stick with my fit, and get the most i can outta her.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
how do you figure? i dont mess with percentages.

lets comapre your numbers.
the kit i have i mind with the upgraded spark plugs made 121whp, 118lb-ft torque.

if he was making 80hp to the wheels thats a 29hp loss. at the 29hp to the exisiting 121 (thus making up for losses) and you are at a 150 hp fit, right on target with what i said.

if he was making 135 hp to the wheels, you only add back the orginal 29hp loss to that. thus even then, only ='s 164hp, still not quite the 184 crank you mentioned. my method is flawed, but easy.

texas coyote: wow i didn't realize you were 60! thats awesome you spend so much time with us youngins on these boards. your support of the kit inspires me to stick with my fit, and get the most i can outta her.

I see your point which makes sense. So your saying that no matter how much power is added at the crank, only 29 will be lost. Or, the fit's AT transmission only uses 29 of the available 109 horsepower?

A 41 WHP gain is VERY nice too. I wish I had that gain right now.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
The dyno charts that I have seen that are posted by Kraft Werks shows a stock horse power difference between the stock automatic and manual cars to be around 8 or 9 HP.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
I see your point which makes sense. So your saying that no matter how much power is added at the crank, only 29 will be lost. Or, the fit's AT transmission only uses 29 of the available 109 horsepower?

A 41 WHP gain is VERY nice too. I wish I had that gain right now.
it should be a % loss, not a specific hp loss.

if he was gettin 80 at the wheels, its a 27% power loss through the drive train.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
121 hp to the wheels are for manual fits. Not automatic

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM
its just.. so.. beautiful...

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi?