Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Thinking about going FI, wanted some input from turbo owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Thinking about going FI, wanted some input from turbo owners

Hey, been a long time lurker and I've been thinking about going the turbo route for a while. Just graduated and got a decent paying job, so I have some money saved up for it. I bought the fit knowing it was an economy car, using it to carry around my surfboards while getting great gas mileage. But that didn't stop me from having fun with it. I've always wished it had some extra torque at times, which is why I want to turbocharge it. I can get a pretty good deal on a greddy kit.

So I was wondering if people with that kit or any other turbo kits can chime in on their experiences with it? For background info, I live in LA and my car is a 08 GD3/Manual with 25,xxx miles. I'm wondering if there is enough of a difference in power to warrant having to use 91 gas and if there is a huge detraction in reliability?