Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Last Station PowerBox

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
Yes it will.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clk1022
will it work for the A/T?
What Ben said. You have to specify what tranny you have when you order, although I'm not exactly sure what the difference is having only seen the MT version in person. Maybe the mount, perhaps?

Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
wow sexy that would look nice under the hood of my milano sport!!! so hand it over buddy!!...haha awsome yo.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HFit USA
wow sexy that would look nice under the hood of my milano sport!!! so hand it over buddy!!...haha awsome yo.
No! My PowerBox! Mine, mine, mine! Seriously though, it would look sweet on your car.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
thumbs up on the product man post dynos when u can, or just give us the good ole butt dyno impressiosn...lol

Old 08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
pNz
5 Year Member
you get the sucker installed yet?

Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pNz
you get the sucker installed yet?
nah, been too busy unfortunately. This week for sure though, one way or another.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM
It is so nice and JDM.

It is going to be a MUST BUY if I even own a Fit.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, small update on the PB. Today I went to go install it, but ran into a glitch so will have to finish it tomorrow or Saturday. Essentially, the hole in the PB for the temp sensor is about 1/16-1/8" too small and when you put the grommet from the OEM air box in, the opening that's left is too tight to get the sensor in. Just need to open it up a bit, but it got dark so I packed it in for the night.

Some other observations: it fits just fine, but you definitely have to remove the battery cover and slide the battery over to make enough space. Even then it leaves only about 1/8-1/4" of free space, so it's a tight fit. The cover seems to serve no real purpose anyway, so it's no issue. Also, since you have to remove the cover, you'll also need to disconnect the battery, so I would recommend pulling the battery out to give yourself more room to work, otherwise it's a bit tight.

I will say though, it looked damn good in the engine bay when I test fitted it, if it weren't for the stupid sensor hole I'd of been done in no time. Anyway, I'll post pics once it's done, plus a driving impression. Cheers!

Old 08-25-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Another small update, just in case anyone was wondering what was up. Went to install the PB the next day after the prior post, and all went fine EXCEPT that the engine harness plug for the intake temp sensor was about 1-2" too short, so couldn't complete the install. Got some suggestions on possible fixes from various sources, particularly Ben at AJ-R (thanks!), then today out of the blue got an email from Hayashi-san at Last Station saying that they had read about the plug issue from my website and felt very bad for the trouble I had. He said they're sending another PB with a modified sensor hole position to test fit on my car at no cost to me whatsoever. Damn, now that's service -- I never even mentioned the issue to them at all, and they took action completely on their own. This is a company that definitely cares about it's customers, for sure -- many props go to them for this. Anyway, once the new PB gets here we'll see how it works and go from there.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Wow Chikubi thats really great news. And service!! Glad you didn't have to cut any wires...that'd be a pain. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:49 AM
Former Vendor
Pics please

Old 08-25-2006, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
Pics please
Oh, most definitely!

Old 08-25-2006, 03:28 AM
that is teh sex! i want one but i cant afford much right now

Old 08-25-2006, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
battery covers like that, silly/flimsy as they look, are usually there for a little insulation. (Big box parts stores will often sell you a larger battery than will fit in your car and take away the heat shield to get it in. Often the battery life will be greatly reduced due to the heat on the battery. Sometimes the battery fails in a few months!)

Old 08-25-2006, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
That's good to know.
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
battery covers like that, silly/flimsy as they look, are usually there for a little insulation. (Big box parts stores will often sell you a larger battery than will fit in your car and take away the heat shield to get it in. Often the battery life will be greatly reduced due to the heat on the battery. Sometimes the battery fails in a few months!)

Old 08-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Ever since I saw that Best Motoring video (somewhere on a post) of the last station Honda City/Fit sedan versus the spoon fit, I couldn't get over the cheesy-ness of there modifications. The car performed like crap and even the door handle fell off. Makes me think that they are not very professional. I do like the body kit they have for the fit though.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:06 PM
pNz
5 Year Member
dang i wish i could get service like that here in the states. thats just awesome, they being even in a different country still looking out for thier customers. best of luck with getting it installed correctly and keep us updated.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jits14
Ever since I saw that Best Motoring video (somewhere on a post) of the last station Honda City/Fit sedan versus the spoon fit, I couldn't get over the cheesy-ness of there modifications. The car performed like crap and even the door handle fell off. Makes me think that they are not very professional. I do like the body kit they have for the fit though.

I know the vid you mean, I saw it, too. My first impression from that was not very good for the exact reasons you state. But that was also quite a while ago, too, and since then they've come a fair way it seems -- the PowerBox is pretty much the most popular Fit intake out in Japan now and they've also had a couple of really good demo cars since then, too. If they weren't very professional, I don't think they'd be working with me like they are to make sure they get a loyal customer and a product that delivers what's promised.

And yeah, that kit looks nice -- especially on their latest ride.

Last edited by Chikubi; 08-26-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Any installed pic yet of the Intake on your ride.

Quick Reply: Last Station PowerBox