Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Last Station PowerBox

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tomh
Any installed pic yet of the Intake on your ride.
Nope, probably not until this coming weekend. I just got an email today that the test intake was just shipped out. Only thing is is that the test intake has the sensor hole redrilled in a couple of different positions with the unused holes plugged so we can find the best location, so it's not really going to look swank -- it's more a prototype. Once I find out whether or not there's a do-able position for the sensor, I'll let them know and we go from there. I'll post pics just the same though if I get a workable install.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
*** Update *** The Power Box is finally in! The relocated sensor hole worked like a charm and everything went together like it should. Here's some pics of it installed, and aside from the plug in the original sensor hole it looks no different than the original. LS is gonna give me a more stylin' custom plug for the hole now that it's installed, so it'll look nice once that's in. My plan though, is to eventually fiberglass/bondo up the old hole in the first PB, drill one in the new location, and then take the PB to a body shop and have them spray it either to match my Fit or maybe in Milano Red to keep the original look. Unfortunately, no driving impression yet, since I only had time to install it today and am busy w/ family otherwise. I will say I noticed just pulling it back into the garage that the engine sounded different -- in a good way! More on this once I finally get to drive it this week.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
pNz
5 Year Member
congrats on finally getting it installed.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pNz
congrats on finally getting it installed.
Tell me about it - it's kinda fun getting everything to work, but by the same token I expected to be driving the hell out of it for almost a month now. Still, props to LS for their help with everything - they could've left me hanging with a useless part.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Went to finally go take it for a drive. All I have to say is WOW! -- the sound is incredible. 1st gear isn't quite so noticeable, but from 2nd on when the engine's under load it's absolutely MEAN sounding. It is definitely louder than the stock box by quite a bit, but it sounds soooo good it just put a smile on my face the whole time. Driving-wise kinda hard to tell yet -- initial feel is that it's maybe not as torquey as before, but that could be due to not having driven the car for a week and forgetting the original feel. Could also be due to the ECU having to take some time to adjust to the new part since it was reset when the battery was out -- my xB felt similar at first when I put the muffler on, but it adjusted and was fine after a few days driving. We'll just keep driving and see how it feels after time. I'll try and record a clip of the intake in the next few days or so.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:05 AM
Good to hear. I really wish you had gotten the car dyno'ed before/after. $450 is alot of money. It would have to give like 20-30hp before I even considered spending that much!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mexellent
Good to hear. I really wish you had gotten the car dyno'ed before/after. $450 is alot of money. It would have to give like 20-30hp before I even considered spending that much!
Yeah, so do I, but it just wasn't feasable at the time. Now that I've had it on for a while and the car seems to have adjusted to it, I notice that there is definitely more torque under certain situations than before -- the car doesn't seem to lose wind nearly as much, if at all, when going up long hills now in higher gears. Also, the car seems to have more snap coming out of 2nd/3rd gear corners when the engine's at 3500-4000rpm and higher. Doesn't surprise me though because that's what Last Station pretty much said it'll do. The other model they have, the Type S is more for low/mid torque, but unfortunately it won't work on our Fits. Anyway, for me the money was well spent, even if it was a bit high 'cause I have good gains it seems and a very rare intake(for the moment). HP vs. money, if someone had a way to get 20~30hp for only $450, they'd have a line of people a mile long, so I don't feel the price is too terrible considering.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
20-30% power increase (109hp engine) seems like a lot to expect for $450. That's forced induction numbers=$2k+ (or pesky nitrous). Sure, there are cheaper intakes (DIY!) but this one has JDM magic sparkles! Thumbs up to Chikubi!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
Sure, there are cheaper intakes (DIY!) but this one has JDM magic sparkles! Thumbs up to Chikubi!
Mmmm, sparkly! heh

Old 10-13-2006, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
Just a follow-up here, today the official plug for the unused temp sensor hole arrived from Last Station. This is what will be included w/ all USDM Power Boxes to plug the hole from now on. It's a very nicely done, low-key, turned aluminum piece, and once installed it doesn't draw any unnecessary attention to itself. I'd say if you didn't know that JDM PB's don't have this, it would never occur to you by having this plug in. Anyway, here's some pics.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:18 PM
how much was that? $200?

Old 10-13-2006, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 805FitSport
how much was that? $200?
Power Box was $350, plus $100 for shipping (EMS).

Old 10-13-2006, 09:40 PM
pNz
5 Year Member
i cant get over how great of service they have provided.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pNz
i cant get over how great of service they have provided.
Yup, that's very Japanese -- customer service is huge there, even at places like McDonald's, etc.

This weekend I'll take a minute and pop the new plug in. I tried it yesterday, but it was really cold out and the engine was cold too, so the plug in there now was really tight and I didn't feel like fighting it while freezing in a t-shirt.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i ....................... hate .............................. how sexy your engione bay looks with the intake!!!!....lol awsome man post sound clips!

Old 10-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Just a follow-up here, today the official plug for the unused temp sensor hole arrived from Last Station. This is what will be included w/ all USDM Power Boxes to plug the hole from now on. It's a very nicely done, low-key, turned aluminum piece, and once installed it doesn't draw any unnecessary attention to itself. I'd say if you didn't know that JDM PB's don't have this, it would never occur to you by having this plug in. Anyway, here's some pics.

I was just wondering wat did u cover for that hole while u were waiting for this plug cover??

Old 10-14-2006, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
wow that looks dope as hell. $100 shipping is the only thing holdin me back from gettin one. but WOW such a great customer service from last station by sending you that extra piece. Even the box is dope!!

Old 10-14-2006, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
I was just wondering wat did u cover for that hole while u were waiting for this plug cover??
They have some kind of big red knob/plug in it now. I'm not sure what it's for normally, but it works fine although it's ugly, hence the new plug. You can see it in the pics a few posts back if you look close.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Retired Moderator
lookin good Chikubi!

Old 10-15-2006, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Feelin good Illusive! heh

Quick Reply: Last Station PowerBox