Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Last Station PowerBox

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Last Station PowerBox

Not sure if anyone's heard of these here yet, but if you've read my website in the last month or so, maybe you have. This is something you might want to look into. The LS PowerBox is the hands-down most popular intake for the Fit in Japan, period -- particularly with people who track their Fits. Up to now, you couldn't use it on a USDM Fit, but LS recently changed the design so it'll work, and now you can. I just ordered one and it should be here sometime this month. Price is about $350 US, and the shipping adds apx. $100 more, so it's not a cheap deal, but absolutely every review I've read has been glowing and the owners love it. If you do want one, the Type R is the only one we can use. This is about as JDM as it gets, and is reputed to make serious gains, so that's why I mention it here.

http://laststation.com/en/

Old 08-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Ouch, $450 for an intake? I wish someone or some site would test these intakes just like sites test and compare digital cameras (that cost more than any intakes, sometimes costing more than a new engine and a turbo system combined). That way we would have a definitive word on which is best, and not just manufacturer generated dyno charts.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marokero
Ouch, $450 for an intake? I wish someone or some site would test these intakes just like sites test and compare digital cameras (that cost more than any intakes, sometimes costing more than a new engine and a turbo system combined). That way we would have a definitive word on which is best, and not just manufacturer generated dyno charts.
That'd be great, but it would be way too expensive for any one person to do on their own. What we need here is an intake comparison thread where owners can post their results/impressions about the intakes they have already, that way it's all in one place.

As for the PowerBox, yeah, the price is a bit steep, but it's the shipping that's the real culprit. Mine's coming via EMS, so it's the most expensive; there are other cheaper shipping methods, but you risk damage and longer waits. In my case I don't mind because I've read tons of Japanese owners' websites/blogs and I know that the PB gets good results from what they have to say (35 reviews on Minkara alone, not one of them negative). Hopefully, if I have the time, I'll dyno my car w/ it on and off and post the results for everyone here. It'll be here in a about a week, so I just have to wait.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
What did the negetive review say?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
isnt that the same as the T1R? only its not carbon fiber.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks real nice but damn thats expensive!!

Old 08-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Looks awesome, but it's pretty expensive for an intake. I'm not saying it's not quality, because it looks great.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:24 PM
any dynos on this item to show whats the gains in HP

Old 08-10-2006, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoFits
What did the negetive review say?
There were no negative reviews, only positive.

As for the T1R, it is a different intake altogether. T1R looks more like the Honda Veni CF intake than the PowerBox. From what Ben at AJ-R told me, the T1R is going to cost somewhat less than the PB, but close in price (without the shipping from Japan of course). I seriously considered the T1R, but it's not out yet and I don't want to wait. I also like the JDM authenticity of the PowerBox and the fact that, for the moment at least, I've got the only one in the U.S.

As for dyno charts, no one's posted any online that I can find, so I'll just have to dyno it myself. Most reviews that I've read state there's a noticeable increase in torque, particularly in the mid-range, as well as much better engine response for throttle on/off situations. Really, I'll just have to try it out and see what I get.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:11 AM
is your fit currently stock or do you have a CAI mod so you will know the difference between CAI and POWERBOX

Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
It's stock. I've never liked CAI's, so never even considered one.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Former Vendor
The intake design is very similar with T1R...... maybe they come from the same manufacturer :P The differences between T1R and LS, the LS has a smaller inlet at the filter part but I don't think it makes much of a difference though.

Good choice on the intake and I will sure you will love the way it performs

Old 08-11-2006, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
The intake design is very similar with T1R...... maybe they come from the same manufacturer :P The differences between T1R and LS, the LS has a smaller inlet at the filter part but I don't think it makes much of a difference though.

Good choice on the intake and I will sure you will love the way it performs
Thanks, but I feel kinda bad because I know I was asking you about the T1R just last week. (^_^); I'm actually still interested though, and maybe down the line will pick one up just to try and make some comparisons. It really boiled down to I had a chance for the PB now due to a friend's help, and I just like the JDM flair it adds, too. Otherwise, the T1R would be my #1 choice.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 AM
Former Vendor
No worries

Old 08-12-2006, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
Well, my PB came in the mail today. I figured a week, but it took less then 2 days to get here, which is the fastest I've ever seen anything come from Japan. First impression is good -- seems very solid and well made, aside from a bit of marring here and there. Filter seems ok as well. Instructions are Japanese only, but that's not a problem for me. Now, I'm just waiting to get the car dynoed before installing it, which may take some time as there isn't $hit for tuning shops it seems where I live. Worst case I'll put it on and go by the butt-dyno, if all else fails. Here's a shot of the box contents as received.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:11 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
damn i like the intake...i would spend that $ if i had it

Old 08-12-2006, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
damn i like the intake...i would spend that $ if i had it
Thanks much! I actually just ordered another engine cover set as well and I'm gonna paint it red to match the intake. Should look pretty sweet once everything's in place.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Thanks much! I actually just ordered another engine cover set as well and I'm gonna paint it red to match the intake. Should look pretty sweet once everything's in place.
true dat yo...i was saying in another thread that i am very uncertain with CAI for my Fit due to rain here in S. FL, so when i budget my self i will spend the extra money and get a short ram...better than F**cking my motor up with agua cant wait for the flix

Old 08-12-2006, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
it really has that raw JDM twist to it

Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 AM
will it work for the A/T?

Quick Reply: Last Station PowerBox