Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Last Station PowerBox

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
its ugly red, the T1R is sexier and about the same price. and even if you were about to buy an intake, an e*** short ram would make close to same price for 1/6 the price, ???

Old 07-19-2007, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
i love my powerbox. totally jdm. everytime i pop my hood everybody see's the combo blue engine cover and red powerbox. the real jdm gearheads are all shocked. =O that's there face LOL. classic!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
this JDM fad has gone too far, and whats made jdm about a blue valvecover?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
JDM-ness aside, while the T1R is similar to the PB, the T1R seems based off an older design (Honda Veni) while the PB has gone through a number of generations since that design to it's current form. The T1R is a great intake that produces similar gains, but the PB is maybe somewhat of an update over it in some respects. Either is a good purchase, but I think that if you're gonna spend the money, might as well get the real deal and throw the JDM card down as well. If that's not to your liking, however, then just get the T1R and you still win.

With regards to gains, as has been mentioned here and other threads, chambers are not about power, they're about throttle and engine response and putting the gains where a driver will use them the most. Yes, a cheaper SRI will get similar gains, but it won't have similar drivability and the power it makes is all in the high end where most people aren't gonna use it. Chambers tend to affect your mid-range more, but still do free up the high end by virtue of having a more free-flowing design than stock -- all the while adding the benefit of more instant throttle response because of the large pool of pressurized air kept in the chamber immediately available for use. If you doubt that this is really true, take a look at the H-Fit Supa Sucka intake thread and read the design philosophy for their intake which bears out a similar point of view.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:29 PM
H-Fit SSI or the LS PBR? Which has better results?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2007, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tuna
H-Fit SSI or the LS PBR? Which has better results?

Thanks
Unfortunately, no clue. Last Station's posted dyno chart is on a car with a fair number of mods and it's not clearly listed if the dyno was only from the addition of the intake, or a combo of mods. The chart shows a near 20hp gain, so if it is the intake only, then I think we have a winner. My gut tells me it's not though as I've seen the car in action and I'm almost positive there's other mods adding to the mix. The owner doesn't have any info up about his car unfortunately, so it's just a hunch. My guess is the PB is in the realm of the T1R results, which are quite good. I say buy whichever floats your boat more, either is a good deal in their own ways.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 AM
I think the SSI would be more ideal for my kinda of driving. Never spending much time in the higher rpms so the PB would not benefit me greatly. I love the look and hope the type-s PB will be released for the USDM fit in the future

Thanks for your reply

Old 08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Last Station Powerbox for sale if anyone wants one

Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
seems like a great intake, maybe i'll have to pick one up

Old 08-31-2007, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
how much kgb4187

Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YazzFlute
its ugly red, the T1R is sexier and about the same price. and even if you were about to buy an intake, an e*** short ram would make close to same price for 1/6 the price, ???
Looks a lot nicer in person than picture...it's a great piece of JDM part for you car...

Old 11-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I am seriously considering buying one of these I only have two questions.
Do you have to drill the relocation hole your self or is it pre drilled? Also I would like to know if the filter has to be replaced or can you just clean it regularly like a K&N ?

Thanks for the help

Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YazzFlute

how is t1r sexier? and ugly red? it looks just like milano red... Ive seen you post on here before, and it sure does seem like you like the whole "JDM" fad.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by El Chupacabura
I am seriously considering buying one of these I only have two questions.
Do you have to drill the relocation hole your self or is it pre drilled? Also I would like to know if the filter has to be replaced or can you just clean it regularly like a K&N ?

Thanks for the help
No you do not have to drill any holes. It is a simple remove the factory air box and install the PB. as for the filters, they are paper and will need to be replaced. DO NOT OIL IT or you will no longer have a useful filter. I love mine and have several compliments on how it looked when I went to a show.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
where is the paper filter and what do you replace it with? I just installed mine today. Sounds beautiful when you stomp on the go pedal. Now I just need a header/exhaust to round it out. Noticed also the throttle response was improved, even with AC on. I always had a problem going from a stop with the AC on without sputtering a little bit or overrevving. AC friggin blows. Literally. This intake kicks ass. Only thing I might want to do later is get it to sit lower because the battery is kinda in the way and I didn't think to remove it til the instructions said "now that everything is done, reinstall the battery if you removed it earlier as per the tip" but there WAS no tip whatsoever at any point in the directions before the end. So that was retarded. Maybe I'll leave it as is. I'll take pics tomorrow! By the way mine is orange. Wish it was red to match my exterior ;/

Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
where is the paper filter and what do you replace it with? I just installed mine today. Sounds beautiful when you stomp on the go pedal. Now I just need a header/exhaust to round it out. Noticed also the throttle response was improved, even with AC on. I always had a problem going from a stop with the AC on without sputtering a little bit or overrevving. AC friggin blows. Literally. This intake kicks ass. Only thing I might want to do later is get it to sit lower because the battery is kinda in the way and I didn't think to remove it til the instructions said "now that everything is done, reinstall the battery if you removed it earlier as per the tip" but there WAS no tip whatsoever at any point in the directions before the end. So that was retarded. Maybe I'll leave it as is. I'll take pics tomorrow! By the way mine is orange. Wish it was red to match my exterior ;/
Filter is the whole cone-shaped assembly sitting in front of the battery. You order a new assembly from LS when it's time to change the filter, so it's just a matter of loosening the clamp, pulling it off, and then putting the new one on and re-tightening the clamp. Pretty easy really, though I found it best to undo the mounting bolts, loosen the clamp on the throttle body, and rotate the PB up enough to get the filter off/on without having to bang it against the frame of the car. Space is a bit tight otherwise.

BTW, the battery tip is highlighted in red under step G on the first page -- "(Tip: Since the battery is disconnected anyway due to removing the cover, it’s best to just pull it out and set it aside while installing your Power Box in order to give you more room to work. Then, once the Power Box is installed, just re-install the battery, re-attach the battery holder, and re-connect
the leads.)" I wrote that install manual, so I know it's there. Congrats on the PB by the way, I think it's the best Fit intake of the bunch.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:26 PM
shit how did I miss that tip...must've been too excited and it was about to start pouring (it started to rain right when I dropped the hood lol). I took some shots earlier but I didn't bring my memcard with me so I'll show you how it looks tomorrow. It's pretty much kissing the left side of the battery but I've driven about 50 miles today with it and all I want to do is floor the bitch constantly lol it sounds so awesome!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
I couldn't find a working link to the Last Station web site so 08FitSport forwarded me a working link. Fyi..: LAST STATION : PRODUCTS HONDA FIT

Old 09-14-2008, 03:25 PM
quick question for you chikubi. I was wondering what the dimensions for the filter on the intake were becuase if i get one i dont want to have to order a new filter from japan every year ( too expensive). I was thinking i would probably just replace it with a K&N filter if i could. I know you had a website with specs and installation instructions but i cant find it anymore. Could you please post the url if the site is still available.
Thanks

Last edited by El Chupacabura; 09-22-2008 at 05:48 PM.