Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

So I started my projector retrofit..

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Still trouble shooting but I have come across something interesting, the ground wire from the harness (both driver & passenger side) are hot! They light up a test light ,and spark when grounding to chassis. Pretty sure this is not kosher. No mods have been made to harness and only power is from car original harness connection and power being supplied from power lead on harness.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydnality
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally found time to put do my retrofit. It took me 1 afternoon and 2 nights...longer than I expected. So what I used wast he D2S projector kit. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out - I ended up putting the LED strips (that theretrofit source supplies for free if u buy 300 bucks of stuff) around the shrouds to make them be something like angel eyes... they actually look better than I thought they would look. I haven't gotten around to connecting them though...

I also might need to fix some alignment issues...

here are some pictures... enjoy!

Hey so u got the ds2 and what shroud? Cause when I went to the retrofit source, they sell the ds2 projectors but not as a complete kit ( meaning u got to by the shroud and hid kit) right ? But urs looks great and I really want to get it done but I can't convince myself enough to come out that much money for the lights! Idk maybe I'm crazy for nit doing it and I should just do it already!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
When I got it I got the projector + ballast +bulb + shroud + harness as a kit, I think it's under the "complete projector kits" section...Not sure if you are looking for all of those together.

I have the gattling gun shrouds. I've seen some pictures with the apollo shrouds and those look good too.

I thought it was worth the money - it's definitely safer too since you see much better when it's pitch dark out (I've always felt a bit uneasy driving at night, especially after almost running into a deer on an interstate), and it's a fun project as well.

Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Hey so u got the ds2 and what shroud? Cause when I went to the retrofit source, they sell the ds2 projectors but not as a complete kit ( meaning u got to by the shroud and hid kit) right ? But urs looks great and I really want to get it done but I can't convince myself enough to come out that much money for the lights! Idk maybe I'm crazy for nit doing it and I should just do it already!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydnality
When I got it I got the projector + ballast +bulb + shroud + harness as a kit, I think it's under the "complete projector kits" section...Not sure if you are looking for all of those together.

I have the gattling gun shrouds. I've seen some pictures with the apollo shrouds and those look good too.

I thought it was worth the money - it's definitely safer too since you see much better when it's pitch dark out (I've always felt a bit uneasy driving at night, especially after almost running into a deer on an interstate), and it's a fun project as well.
OK COOL. IM CURRENTLY DOING MY HOMEWORK ON THIS TO SEE WHAT ROUTE I GO.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
For the GE the apollo or gatling shrouds work. Sucks tho cause the GD3 which I have I can only use the apollo since it fills in the space. I've seen the gatling on the GD3 and it makes the projector look small.

JDMjunkie - Think of it like this. You put a little money into your headlights to get better output and it looks great. And if later on you want to sell the headlights you can since many guys would rather have it done then do it themselves. I say its a win, win situation.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
OK COOL. IM CURRENTLY DOING MY HOMEWORK ON THIS TO SEE WHAT ROUTE I GO.
JDM, I have a set of OEM GE8 headlamps with D2S Minis already installed with Apollo shrouds. I also have 1st gen TRS ballasts which have been used less than a few hours with D2S connectors and also a set of brand new Gatling gun shrouds. Headlamps came off of my 2010 Sport with about 15K miles so it looks clean. If you want to go the route of it almost done for you, you just need to buy bulbs. If you want to change out shrouds, then you'll need to open up the headlamps and put them in. If not, it's a second set of lamps to play with if you're interested.

I'm selling this setup because I have another set of headlamps that have FX-R projectors installed that are currently on the car.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sometimesjoe
JDM, I have a set of OEM GE8 headlamps with D2S Minis already installed with Apollo shrouds. I also have 1st gen TRS ballasts which have been used less than a few hours with D2S connectors and also a set of brand new Gatling gun shrouds. Headlamps came off of my 2010 Sport with about 15K miles so it looks clean. If you want to go the route of it almost done for you, you just need to buy bulbs. If you want to change out shrouds, then you'll need to open up the headlamps and put them in. If not, it's a second set of lamps to play with if you're interested.

I'm selling this setup because I have another set of headlamps that have FX-R projectors installed that are currently on the car.
Got pics? Pm sent ! Let's do business !

Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Newb question here:

How do I take apart the bezzel? I've got the headlamps apart and I got frustrated cause I can't seem to access that little screw to remove that middle piece... any advice?

Don't mean to hi-jack a thread but in no DIY's is this removal covered..

Old 06-27-2011, 05:59 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fraggy
Newb question here:

How do I take apart the bezzel? I've got the headlamps apart and I got frustrated cause I can't seem to access that little screw to remove that middle piece... any advice?

Don't mean to hi-jack a thread but in no DIY's is this removal covered..

post a pic of what your talking about. cause some screws you just can't
take out until you bake it open.