Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Kevin's GD3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Here's another photo of the mirrors installed:

Old 04-02-2021, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
I found a pair of Bride seat rails for sale, locally, and picked them up. My friend found me a single Recaro SR-4 and I picked that up as well.

Name:  JbzpFm4.jpg
Views: 1298
Size:  923.0 KB

Seat mated to the seat rail. I purchased new hardware for the install from McMaster-Carr. They have an amazing inventory and their shipping is very fast as well. I'd highly recommend them for your hardware needs.

Name:  jS3sMD4.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  914.4 KB

Since I'm running the APR mirrors, my mirror control switch doesn't serve any purpose. I replaced it with an OEM mirror switch block-off plate.

Name:  mYA5jut.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  472.6 KB

Mirror control switch removed.

Name:  6QpOVq4.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  602.0 KB

Mirror switch block-off plate installed.

Name:  QxOTzDJ.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  438.6 KB

Old 04-13-2021, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by USDM
Photo of the completed front brake upgrade:

These look so good. Are these a bolt-on upgrade? My JDM GD3 has 240mm discs stock and someone told me I would need to change the knuckles, to run bigger discs and calipers

Old 04-13-2021, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Kanjo Wong
These look so good. Are these a bolt-on upgrade? My JDM GD3 has 240mm discs stock and someone told me I would need to change the knuckles, to run bigger discs and calipers
It is a bolt-on upgrade for the USDM Fits. I'm not entirely sure for overseas models, but if you match the knuckle, it should bolt right up. Factory discs for the USDM Fit are 262 mm while the upgraded discs are 280 mm. Also, thank you for the kind words.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
The plastic components of my Recaro seat were showing their age, so I ordered replacement parts. The new reclining dials feel so much nicer to use versus the original dials.

Name:  tylV44I.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  981.3 KB

New harness guide installed.

Name:  NllPAuo.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  1.18 MB

New reclining dials and dial caps installed.

Name:  0f6nRbV.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  1.31 MB

I also went ahead and removed my rear seats and spare tire which was a combined weight loss of 79 lb.

Name:  IbnxB28.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  589.7 KB

April 23 was my second track day at the Streets of Willow (CW). I managed to beat my previous time of 1:40.639 with a 1:38.970. The car performed great, but one of my tires wore prematurely and I ended the day early. I'm still very happy about going faster than my previous track day with a shot tire.

Prior to my track day, I adjusted the valve lash and replaced the spark plugs. Most of the intake valves were on the looser side and the exhaust valves were on the tighter side. There was a noticeable improvement in power after the valve adjustment and the car looks great for having over 200K miles if I do say so myself.

Name:  pn5Ll0T.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  830.5 KB

Old 05-04-2021, 02:48 PM
Awesome car! I never tried using Jescar powerlock on plastic pieces like taillights, only the paint. How well does it work?

Old 05-05-2021, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by redmandarin
Awesome car! I never tried using Jescar powerlock on plastic pieces like taillights, only the paint. How well does it work?
Thank you. The sealant is working fine as far as I can tell.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Loving the build so far! Do you have an insta to follow ?

Old 10-05-2021, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jedischooldropout
Loving the build so far! Do you have an insta to follow ?
Hey, thank you. My Instagram is @kevinamirkhanian.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
It has been a while since I last updated this thread. Here's a photo dump of stuff that has happened over the last few months...

Also, not pictured:
- I purchased 16x8 +35 Volk Racing TE37 Sonics finished in Racing Green
- New coilovers by Tailored Chassis Solutions are in the works; I'll finally be able to use my TCS top hats
- Two track days in the month of October, one this Saturday, October 9
- Front/rear windshield wipers were deleted
- Replaced my Hybrid Racing Maxim shift knob with Hybrid Racing's 130R knob; the taller 130R was definitely worth the switchover
- Alpine double-din stereo to replace the cheap unit the car came with. I also purchased a reverse camera from Alpine; this will be nice for reversing when I get a half cage done with fixed-back seats, eventually

More to come...

Old 10-06-2021, 02:31 AM
Damn nice choice on color on the Sonics, love racing green! I got in on a batch order set for 15x8 +35 in matte blue gunmetal(don't think this color has ever been done on a 15, gonna slap on some og black stickers. What is different about the BC Racing coilovers that TCS offers ? Different valving ? Or do they modify them in a way to work with their custom Top Hats ?

Old 10-07-2021, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator
Damn nice choice on color on the Sonics, love racing green! I got in on a batch order set for 15x8 +35 in matte blue gunmetal(don't think this color has ever been done on a 15, gonna slap on some og black stickers. What is different about the BC Racing coilovers that TCS offers ? Different valving ? Or do they modify them in a way to work with their custom Top Hats ?
Thank you, Racing Green is my favorite finish on Volk wheels. They're a not-so-well-known secret as most retailers don't even seem to offer the option for this finish, but I've always been a huge fan. The finish you bought is also very nice and one of my top choices. Do you happen to have any photos of what you ordered?

The BC Racing coilovers that TCS offers are not modified to work with the TCS top hats; any standard BC Racing damper should work in that regard. I ordered my coilovers through Seamus due to his expertise in setting up Fits for race use. I opted for the DS series with spring rates suggested by Seamus himself utilizing information I provided him regarding my car's setup.

Old 10-08-2021, 01:37 PM
It is a bolt-on upgrade for the USDM Fits. I'm not entirely sure for overseas models, but if you match the knuckle, it should bolt right up. Factory discs for the USDM Fit are 262 mm while the upgraded discs are 280 mm. Also, thank you for the kind words.

Can I ask you more about your front brakes? Other than the Mini Cooper (what year?) discs, those calipers (17CL15VN) and master cylinder, what all did you have to do to make it work? Any kit you have to use or was it all just a bolt on? Thanks! BTW, your car is badass.

Old 10-09-2021, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JUSA4BANGER
Can I ask you more about your front brakes? Other than the Mini Cooper (what year?) discs, those calipers (17CL15VN) and master cylinder, what all did you have to do to make it work? Any kit you have to use or was it all just a bolt on? Thanks! BTW, your car is badass.
I think I selected 2007 Mini Cooper for the rotors; just make sure they are the 280 mm discs and you're good to go. You don't need to swap your master cylinder to make the brake calipers work. All you need are the calipers, rotors, TSX brake pads and it bolts right on.

Old 10-10-2021, 03:58 AM
Thank you, Racing Green is my favorite finish on Volk wheels. They're a not-so-well-known secret as most retailers don't even seem to offer the option for this finish, but I've always been a huge fan. The finish you bought is also very nice and one of my top choices. Do you happen to have any photos of what you ordered?

The BC Racing coilovers that TCS offers are not modified to work with the TCS top hats; any standard BC Racing damper should work in that regard. I ordered my coilovers through Seamus due to his expertise in setting up Fits for race use. I opted for the DS series with spring rates suggested by Seamus himself utilizing information I provided him regarding my car's setup.
No photos unfortunately since they've never made a 15 inch with this color before but I can take some pics of the wheel spec on my car as I currently have a time attack white set mounted, which I think they fit perfectly with a 205/50/15 currently on A052s

Ahh I see, thanks for that info! I'll be contacting them when I'm ready to upgrade to coilovers and decide on k24 or L15B7 swap.

Just placed an order for the WK Motorsport shifter, its price was a little higher than the Hybrid Racing but I liked their design better.

Where did you order your front calipers ? Can't seem to find a place that stocks them ?

Old 10-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
No photos unfortunately since they've never made a 15 inch with this color before but I can take some pics of the wheel spec on my car as I currently have a time attack white set mounted, which I think they fit perfectly with a 205/50/15 currently on A052s

Ahh I see, thanks for that info! I'll be contacting them when I'm ready to upgrade to coilovers and decide on k24 or L15B7 swap.

Just placed an order for the WK Motorsport shifter, its price was a little higher than the Hybrid Racing but I liked their design better.

Where did you order your front calipers ? Can't seem to find a place that stocks them ?
The front calipers should not be hard to find at all. RockAuto, Amazon, AutoZone, eBay etc. will all have them available for sale. I purchased remanufactured calipers by Centric.

Old 10-17-2021, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Managed to shave 4.2 seconds off my previous best time at the Streets of Willow counter-clockwise configuration, dropping my time down to a 1:36.128 (1:36.134 was with official timing). With a better understanding of tire pressures and damping adjustments, I know I could have brought that down to a 1:35.xxx. I'm looking forward to the next one on the 30th of October.

Old 10-18-2021, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Do you still daily this?

Old 10-18-2021, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mike410b
Do you still daily this?
I do--it's my only car. Eventually, it'll become unsafe to use for daily driving due to having a half cage, fixed-back seats, and harnesses (I will not wear a helmet & HANS device while driving around town, lol), but it will remain largely whole and smog legal, hopefully, with the future K24 swap. For now, I enjoy having a reclinable seat and being completely street legal. The only thing that really affects daily driving is not having the interior in the back of the car, thus increasing road noise. Hands-free calls are possible, but they are not "easy" as it can be hard to hear the person on the line while traveling at highway speeds.

You can have so much fun with these cars with just suspension and brake mods, even though I am constantly asked what all is done to the car. Unfortunately, I do experience the shortcomings of remaining stock at the track, in terms of drivetrain, as I am constantly wondering how much an LSD, for example, would improve things. However, I want to hold off for the K swap as I don't see the value in modifying the L15 to be justified.

Also, hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

Old 10-18-2021, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I do--it's my only car. Eventually, it'll become unsafe to use for daily driving due to having a half cage, fixed-back seats, and harnesses (I will not wear a helmet & HANS device while driving around town, lol), but it will remain largely whole and smog legal, hopefully, with the future K24 swap. For now, I enjoy having a reclinable seat and being completely street legal. The only thing that really affects daily driving is not having the interior in the back of the car, thus increasing road noise. Hands-free calls are possible, but they are not "easy" as it can be hard to hear the person on the line while traveling at highway speeds.

You can have so much fun with these cars with just suspension and brake mods, even though I am constantly asked what all is done to the car. Unfortunately, I do experience the shortcomings of remaining stock at the track, in terms of drivetrain, as I am constantly wondering how much an LSD, for example, would improve things. However, I want to hold off for the K swap as I don't see the value in modifying the L15 to be justified.

Also, hope things are going well in your neck of the woods.

very cool! I’ve been considering tracking the Fit as well as dailying it or replacing it with something comfier, so this is good info

things are good here, hoping the same for you dude!

Quick Reply: Kevin's GD3