Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Rogue Carbon Cowl Scoop and Cowl Cover interest

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
What do you think would be the pricing for one of these in the group buy when it's done. I'm going to start setting aside some Cash now.

Can't wait for the carbon fiber.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM
put me down as well.....very interested in one for the GE

roughly how much will you sell them for?

Old 07-16-2011, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j's_fit
roughly how much will you sell them for?
question of the week..

Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
I'm probably looking at around $125 for the first batch.

I'm planning to meet up with a Fit owner tomorrow to try out the prototypes and take a few pics. If everything looks good we should be in production in about a week, and I'm hoping we can get at least 10 to commit to purchasing.

I already have Beangrower and XJP5 down for one.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Can't wait for pics! Thanks again

Old 07-17-2011, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Im 100% down for one as long as the pics match my pleasing!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
We test fitted the new GE scoop prototype today and have a few adjustments that we'll be making over the next couple days, but everything turned out good. The lower profile scoop fit and looked much better than the other so that is the one we'll be proceeding with at this time. The pictures below show the part sitting on the car and the next part should be the final product. Once the final part is tested and final pictures posted we'll be taking orders.
Let me know what you think.
Sorry the pictures aren't better, I forgot the camera at home.

Last edited by Rogue Fit; 07-17-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good so far from what I can tell(images are a bit blury) I cant wait for the adjustments and more pics. Try to take some higher res for us the next time? Thank you!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Streamlined....

Hey man this design turned out to be awesome, visually not to big and not to small. The contours and linear lines match well with the GE's natural form. I can't wait to see the finished product on some of the awesome GE's on this forum, I know a few members have been waiting patiently for this to happen!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Scoop

I wouldn't be surprised if the GE scoop turns out great. I bought a GD scoop a while back and it was well done! I'm very pleased with it. I would highly recommend Rouge Fit... easy to deal with... Good luck with the sales sir!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Just got to look at this. Would love to see the adjustments.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
I can't wait to see the finished product on some of the awesome GE's on this forum, I know a few members have been waiting patiently for this to happen!!!
I second that!!!!!!! Looks great! Cant wait to see the finished carbon fiber version with some good pics.....

Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
We test fitted the new GE scoop prototype today and have a few adjustments that we'll be making over the next couple days, but everything turned out good. The lower profile scoop fit and looked much better than the other so that is the one we'll be proceeding with at this time. The pictures below show the part sitting on the car and the next part should be the final product. Once the final part is tested and final pictures posted we'll be taking orders.
Let me know what you think.
Sorry the pictures aren't better, I forgot the camera at home.

Rogue, thanks for coming out to work on this today, despite the triple-digit heat. Let me tell you something gents, Rogue is a craftsman and operates with a high-level of attention to detail when developing these products.

I had a chance to witness this first hand today, since that's my 2011 GE you see in the photos, and I let very few people ever work on my vehicles. I felt totally comfortable with Rogue, as he was very professional and careful. There is much more work involved in getting this product to look and fit properly (no pun intended), than most people can comprehend.

He went through numerous fittings, adjustments, and even created a mold of the cowl area, just to make this look OEM. Considering the work involved, I'd say this is a good price he's offering. Let's be patient and give the man a chance to do this the right way. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by XJP5; 07-18-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
I can proudly say that I have never been disappointed by Jim or his work. One of the last [true man of his word] type of guy too!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Based on the very first post, it looks like it will be available in carbon fiber. Any chance it will be available in primered fiberglass? I prefer it being black; it would be a shame to paint over the CF.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Just waiting for better pics and fitment, otherwise im 80% in.

This is turning out great, thanks for not giving up on us picky GE owners

Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rogue Fit
I already have Beangrower and XJP5 down for one.

sa-weet!!

Old 07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm in. I think I forgot to mention this before.....

Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 AM
I love it!!!

but I have a question..... is there anyway to keep water out from getting onto the air filter?

I am guessing this scoop directs air right into the area where (if you use short ram) the air filter is!!!

Where I live, it rains 10 out of 12 months!!!
just want to see if anyone from GD had any problems with rain getting onto the air filter!!!

Good Job on the prototype it looks clean!!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j's_fit
I love it!!!

but I have a question..... is there anyway to keep water out from getting onto the air filter?

I am guessing this scoop directs air right into the area where (if you use short ram) the air filter is!!!

Where I live, it rains 10 out of 12 months!!!
just want to see if anyone from GD had any problems with rain getting onto the air filter!!!

Good Job on the prototype it looks clean!!!!
Tho' this particular prototype mentioned is for the GE
I have a GD sri as well...it rains here sometimes and in certain areas daily, never had a problem with water or moisture from the water getting in the engine bay thru my cowl cover.. I don't recall reading a thread anywhere that stated that there has been damages/problems as a direct result from using the scoop either..

Quick Reply: Rogue Carbon Cowl Scoop and Cowl Cover interest