General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gahh, dealership scratched my paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by coupdetat
I'd watch my back if I worked at Hoffman Honda, I get serious pull-a-gun-and-take-hostages vibes from Sean. He just seems mad depressed. I bought my car from Rey Ortiz and he was great haha although he weighs like 300 lbs so I didn't get a good feel for acceleration when test driving the car with him.

BTW, there's this red Mazdaspeed 6 with 20k miles that's been in the lot since first started looking at cars over Thanksgiving break. I bet they're dying to give someone a good deal to take it off their hands!
We talked to Michael Moore (assistant sales manager) Saturday while we were there and it sounds like they are willing to push any sales right now with the construction happening. They were trying to get my gf to buy a Fit or a Civic spur of the moment

Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm not sure what his problem is, he's a very sketchy guy and after getting so many run-arounds from him that's when I finally decided to call him out and contact someone higher up. I made it clear to Bradley Hoffman about him, sad to see nothing was really done about it though.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
sry to change the subject... but it seems this has turned into a bash hoffman thread lol my experiences there have really been shitty as i stated b4 but most of their customers are people who dont know better and dont care, this si the farmington valley after all...

Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Firebat666
sry to change the subject... but it seems this has turned into a bash hoffman thread lol my experiences there have really been shitty as i stated b4 but most of their customers are people who dont know better and dont care, this si the farmington valley after all...

Enlighten me on the farmington valley thing please? God I hate being such a noob to a new place

Old 02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Farmington Valley are the towns on the other side of the mountain that consist of Avon, Simsbury, Farmington and probably Canton. Know around the area as a very affluent area, and kinda too them selves secluded from the other towns by the mountains.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
very good description... most ppl here have too much money and are dumb lol

Old 02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
well, i can't really bash hoffman or anything but i feel like chiming in, sooo...

sorry about your car my dealership has never once offered to wash my car for me, and after reading all this, i don't think i'd let them anyways.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned
I have an appointment Feb. 27th to have them fix the scratch. I'm going to try and hand buff out all the swirls before they get their hands on the car again, but they have been notified of the swirls. Everything should be taken care of, now I just have to wait the better part of a month.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
why are they making you wait a month! i would make them pay to have it done now by some one else...

Old 02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Firebat666
why are they making you wait a month! i would make them pay to have it done now by some one else...
I'll wait, I really don't want to push them to move, I've worked in dealerships before and I know what happens when you do that. Everyone in the dealership will know your name, especially such a small dealership. So I'll be patient and I'll wait it out a bit.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
ok well atleast they r gonna fix it, if you dont want to use hoffman any more i recomend torington, i use them nd they are always great

Old 02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
sounds oh too familiar the dealership put a fat scratch on my hood and it had 7 miles on it. Then they buffed it out and it looked even worse. I hate dealerships.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by samwell
sounds oh too familiar the dealership put a fat scratch on my hood and it had 7 miles on it. Then they buffed it out and it looked even worse. I hate dealerships.
I hate dealerships as well. you would expect them to treat your car as if it was their own baby. I go to the Honda of Oakland and the service seems cool but the guys who actually work on your cars doesnt seem to care what car it is and whose car it is as long as it is done and out of their garage.

I brought my car in for my first 5k service for my NHPB Fit and they said they were going to wash it and everything. When I got it back there were swirl marks everywhere on the car. So I went back there and made them redo the whole car.

That is the last time I get my car washed their. It is safer to take your own time out and do it yourself right the first time around.

So Easy Peazy Fresh & Squeezy!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
So have them repair like new. If necessary use small claims court. And advise Honda USA.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
I think you scared Hoffman. I was just there today for an oil change and the airbag recall. Not once did they mention to me if I would like them to clean it, usually when they don't ask they do it anyways which is what they used to do with my 8th gen. Today I went in, they didn't ask if I wanted a wash and when my car came out it was as dirty as when it went in lol.

Even if they asked I was gonna say no, and tell them I've heard of some bad experiences with Fits and your washes and smirk.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
I think you scared Hoffman. I was just there today for an oil change and the airbag recall. Not once did they mention to me if I would like them to clean it, usually when they don't ask they do it anyways which is what they used to do with my 8th gen. Today I went in, they didn't ask if I wanted a wash and when my car came out it was as dirty as when it went in lol.

Even if they asked I was gonna say no, and tell them I've heard of some bad experiences with Fits and your washes and smirk.
lol, Hoffman has suffered the wrath of a fit owner. he'll never be the same.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned
lol, thats awesome, I'm glad they're being more careful than they were with my car. I hate that it happened, but they always seem so unorganized when I'm there. It was bound to happen, the dealership I worked at was awesome at catching stuff like that, and preventing it most of the time

Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
sorry about your car something similar happened to me when I first got mine. The back bumper wasn't mounted right and the passenger side was too tight against the car so there was this ugly gap. I had my dealership look at it when I got my plates and they took the bumper off and fixed it, but they also left a wonderful scratch the entire length of the bumper on it too. they used some compound to try to buff it out, but its still kinda there. Didnt really want them to repaint it, I figured it would prob get scratched anyways from putting stuff in the trunk. silly dealerships grrr