Illusive VS Sugarphreak

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Smile Illusive VS Sugarphreak

Ok, not really... but it sounded like a cool title and hopefully is a good way to get this started

Looking to do a dynotune in mid August, will be a good opportunity for Justin to slide in with me and we can do a back to back comparo on the same machine. I am thinking also I will subsidize ET for a baseline dyno too if he is cool with that

I don't know, what do you guys think? Anybody else interested in participating?

I think ET had a place in mind earlier

Cheers

Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I'd like to stop by just to visit, assuming I'm not in Halifax

back to back dynos is a great idea BTW.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, I am so happy somebody responded

When are you off to Halifax and for how long?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Aug 20-28
should be a good time, good friends wedding which we are using as a vacation at the same time

Old 07-23-2008, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Do It Labour Day Weekend So I Can Rock My Esk's Jersey

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Depending on when you guys book it I could definitely be in for it. I'm ordering my T1R turbo kit this week, Ben is setting my boost to 6psi vs the 4.5 that they normally sell the kit at

I'll plan to install the kit the weekend after the August long.. but the break-in period is one full tank of gas... not sure if you guys will have that done by then.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
hahah finally couldnt wait anymore eh yeefit?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by sumo
hahah finally couldnt wait anymore eh yeefit?
Man.. I was trying to be patient.. but ya, I had a chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket, and I couldn't wait for the KWSC highboost kit to be released anymore...

I think/hope I will be happy with the T1R kit in the end.. my fiance and I are picking up a second car in the fall, so the Fit will be 100% dedicated to me and going turbo was what I wanted to do from day 1, but having her drive a turbo'd fit vs a SC'd fit made me lean towards the SC, but now thats changed

I see you sold your kit.. why did u do that?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
more for personal reasons.

I work downtown, always in rush hour vancouver. heating gets to be an issue.

I had the turbo, it was fun, but going NA, getting better gas millage seems more ideal for me. also If i go back to NA all I really need to buy is an intake and my car is preaty much 100% finished. and it still looks good so eh. it was good enough for me.

besides with the money i sell the turbo with I can put in a sun roof!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
did u have the oil cooler? i suppose it wouldn't help that much having an oil cooler if you are stuck in traffic.. heh..

You should've let me know earlier about needing an intake.. I sold my T1R carbon intake about 3 weeks ago!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Depending on when you guys book it I could definitely be in for it. I'm ordering my T1R turbo kit this week, Ben is setting my boost to 6psi vs the 4.5 that they normally sell the kit at

I'll plan to install the kit the weekend after the August long.. but the break-in period is one full tank of gas... not sure if you guys will have that done by then.
Holy crap, 6psi! Your car is going to run circles around the rest of us after that! Well congrats in advance, should be fun! So you area headed down to Van eh! Any chance you might have some room for a test pipe in that hatch somewhere on the way back!

You in for a dyno-tune as well then later on in Aug?

I had my E-manage tuned down in Van, they did a pretty good job no doubt. But it bothers me deep down knowing that the dyno-tune is more accurate than just wideband and I could be running even better by tuning it at this elevation.

Originally Posted by sumo
more for personal reasons.

I work downtown, always in rush hour vancouver. heating gets to be an issue.

I had the turbo, it was fun, but going NA, getting better gas millage seems more ideal for me. also If i go back to NA all I really need to buy is an intake and my car is preaty much 100% finished. and it still looks good so eh. it was good enough for me.

besides with the money i sell the turbo with I can put in a sun roof!!!
Have you ever tried the Royal Purple radiator cooling additive? I used to be skeptical, but with my old jeep it had some serious overheating problems in traffic. It isn't too expensive so I figured I would give it a try, have to say it was more effective than the 3-row rad I added before that. Should give it a try if you keep experiencing overheating problems later on, it works really well.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-23-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
yea but the turbo is coming out this saturday!!! i'm gonna be NA again... yay! no more hassels of waiting for car to warm up or cool down. better gas millage! and the car's exterior is gonna look nice.

just gotta debate that sun roof now lol

Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 PM
How did I miss this lol

If it`s paid for you can have my Fit for a baseline dyno run anyday man. Just rolled a bit passed 5K kms so she`s good to go.

You and Justin should pm me and I can probably get in contact with Toma and get a few passes going and see what it would look like money wise.

Jon, Halifax?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sunroofs were all the rage like 10-15 years ago, lots of people put them in as an after market product... but it kind of died out when like 90% of them were prone to water damage & rusting problems.

Every car in my family with a sunroof has all been factory installed, but they still leaked and rust around them. I would love a sunroof, but I can't bare to think of leaking water and my poor fit rusting from the inside out

I don't know how much that industry has progressed today, but make sure you get a good warranty with it if you go that route.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
How did I miss this lol

If it`s paid for you can have my Fit for a baseline dyno run anyday man. Just rolled a bit passed 5K kms so she`s good to go.

You and Justin should pm me and I can probably get in contact with Toma and get a few passes going and see what it would look like money wise.

Jon, Halifax?
Sweet, I will pay for your baseline.

I am thinking late August; those guys should be able to dyno-tune with my Greddy right?

Old 07-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
So.... is Justin out of town. His last post was on the 18th

Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
So.... is Justin out of town. His last post was on the 18th
I think he is. I think he is in Valleyridge.. or was it Valleyview.. I can't remember..

And, if my turbo is broke in by the time you guys are ready for your dyno day.. I would be interested in coming along and doing a couple of runs.. pending cost that is

I'm gonna be a tad poor after I get everything installed and setup!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Yoooo when are you getting the turbo?!?! I wanna see! Oh and you still gotta help me install a new horn hahaha...

Yeah I just got back to the office today, had family in all of last week and was up in Valleyview for a well review.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Yoooo when are you getting the turbo?!?! I wanna see! Oh and you still gotta help me install a new horn hahaha...

Yeah I just got back to the office today, had family in all of last week and was up in Valleyview for a well review.
Gonna order it this morning. Ben gave me a hook up on the kit and oil cooler.

Oh ya, forgot we needed to replace your siren... ya, i'll get that one from my friend. Not sure how much he wants for it, but I'll let you know.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
So... what date works best? I am free pretty much any date past the 15th for this.

Hey Adam, any chance you can bring me back a test pipe from AJR on your way back from the turbo install?

Quick Reply: Illusive VS Sugarphreak