Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

How long did you wait for your Fit ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
See my sig...I am still waiting. Still no production date yet.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
question...do u guys get your deposit(500) back when u recieve the car??
im still waiting 4 mine, its been a month....

Old 08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Normally people use the deposit to go toward the car. Like a down payment.
All my mods are here. Spoon goodies and T1R springs. I just need the car. Hahaha!

Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
The deposit would normally apply towards the purchase. In my case, they know me very well, and didn't ask for a deposit.

JonasM

Last edited by JonasM; 08-30-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
cool, now im just waitin 4 that phone call.......

Old 09-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Put a deposit down 7/5 for a VBP base M/T at Lehigh Valley Honda in Allentown PA. Was told some time in October. Nothing yet. Maybe should have made sure we both meant October 2006?

Old 09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Poway Honda - No deposit, I simply signed a purchase order with the vehicle VIn and 7 days latter I received a call that my car had arrived. I got a ride to the dealer the next day and drove home in my Silver Storm M/T Fit Sport. I paid MSRP for the car and purchased all my accessories (floor mats; cargo cover, wheel locks, locking gas cap) from Bernardi Parts. The Parts arrived via UPS the same day as my car. Everything came together perfectly.

My Fit is still the only one I have seen in the San Diego area. Don't know where the others are hidding. I'm looking forward to waving to an other Fit owner!

Old 09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Good news I think

Put a deposit down on July 13th for a VBP sport MT. Stopped in by the dealership yesterday for an update. They had a red sport AT on the lot and really tried to get me to buy it. He told me they have no build dates for any more Fits, but denied the rumor that Honda is not making any more '07. Hmmm.

I was tempted to get it, but they already had added all kinds of stuff and I didn't want to do the whole negotiating dance again when I already got MSRP with no extras in writing. I said I really wanted to hold out for a manual. Sales guy leaves for a while, comes back and tells me that my car is coming in their next allocation!!! Unfortunately he says that will still be 40-60 days away. It's a small dealership.

I was so happy I didn't think until later that must mean they have a build date, doesn't it? Sounds like a got a couple different stories here, so I hope the good one is true. I'm hoping I was told they have no build dates as a ploy to get me to buy the one there. I'll call him and try to get clarification.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
10days for me and the first month has gone by.
I want my Fit!!!

And I need more mods. Huhhhhm.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i waited a total of 4 hours for mine longest wait in the world!!

Old 09-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I placed an order on June 5, 2006 for a Blue M/T Sport at a Honda dealer in Waukesha, WI. I was told to expect anywhere from a 6-8 week wait for my Fit to come in. As of today, September 4, I am still waiting with no word of a production or ship date (~12 weeks).

I have continually called and visited the dealership to make sure no Fits are going by, with me just staying on the "waiting" list. I requested to be shown the order books and the list of Fits that came in since I ordered. The dealer has only had 2 M/T all summer and about 7 A/T. I am next on the list and an order for my Fit just got sent in to Honda so hopefully I hear back from the dealer on a build date soon.

Good luck with your fits, but I know the dealers at just as annoyed with Honda right now. In fact, the dealer I went to stopped taking orders on all new Fits until Honda increases production.

Hope this helps a little.
~Tony

Old 09-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I put down a deposit on 5/25/06. Got the call yesterday and will pick it up tomorrow. 14-15 weeks. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry. VBP Sport AT.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Talking Woot!

Ordered my VBP LX 5Spd on July 8th, picked it up at the dealer today!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:21 AM
you bass turd.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by cjucoder
Put a deposit down on July 13th for a VBP sport MT. Stopped in by the dealership yesterday for an update. They had a red sport AT on the lot and really tried to get me to buy it. He told me they have no build dates for any more Fits, but denied the rumor that Honda is not making any more '07. Hmmm.

I was tempted to get it, but they already had added all kinds of stuff and I didn't want to do the whole negotiating dance again when I already got MSRP with no extras in writing. I said I really wanted to hold out for a manual. Sales guy leaves for a while, comes back and tells me that my car is coming in their next allocation!!! Unfortunately he says that will still be 40-60 days away. It's a small dealership.

I was so happy I didn't think until later that must mean they have a build date, doesn't it? Sounds like a got a couple different stories here, so I hope the good one is true. I'm hoping I was told they have no build dates as a ploy to get me to buy the one there. I'll call him and try to get clarification.
It wasn't the truth. Not only is my car not coming, but Honda never accepted the order and now they can't order a manual until '08 [edit - should be '07]. I got my deposit back.

The good news is that I found a manual on the lot of another local dealer, but it is a base instead of sport. I bought her. I'll post more details in the dealer forum.

Last edited by cjucoder; 09-27-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
08 say what ?
Made my down payment on 5-20-2006 and picked it up on 5-29-2006 so 9 loooooong days. I feel for those of you that are still waiting. I don't think I could handle waiting a month or more, I would go nuts.

I'm sure glad I got mine early.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
08 say what ?
OOps. Typo. I meant 07. He thought in Jan he would finally be able to order it.

Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds better. You had me going there. Couldn't imagine almost 1.5 years before being able to order a M/T. I was at the dealership today and the salesman that sold me mine was in total shock when I mentioned your post. They are a huge dealership and he said he sold a Fit recently and it would be 1 month before it came in. He didn't say which transmission it had.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Visited my friendly dealership on Saturday to ask about the VBP Base M/T I had put a deposit down on July 5, and they mumbled some thing about a build date of November, but wouldn't say more specifically, which I'm taking to mean, "Don't call us, we'll call you".

Went to look at Versas, but the situation there isn't much better. Not much else to do but sit tight.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Ordered ours June 6th, picked it up last night, so a little over 4 months.

--JOsh

Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your Fit ?