Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

How long did you wait for your Fit ?

Old 08-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I stopped by the dealer today. The next allocation list should be in by the end of the week. Keeping my fingers crossed that my car will be on it (but not holding my breath...)

It's been 10 weeks exactly since I ordered it.

Patience, patience.......

JonasM

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 PM
After going through the Sam's Club and Costco auto buying programs, we found out that the designated Sam's Club dealer had an unsold Fit on their order sheet that exactly matched what we were looking for. We went in on July 10 and put down a $200 deposit (negotiated down from $500 - $1000). Coincidentally, July 10 was also the scheduled build date. We picked up the Fit on August 14. In total, we waited five weeks.

Edit: After receiving the title, I noticed that the actual build date of the car was July 19, not July 10 as scheduled. It therefore took a bit less than four weeks from date of manufacture to delivery.

Last edited by BargainSeeker; 08-17-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Placed my deposit down on August 4th
Received email from my salesperson that the car was made on August 8th

He told me that as soon as he has a ship date he will email me

The adventures continues........

Old 08-15-2006, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
I paid my deposit on May 25th. It has been just shy of 12 weeks and my car should be here within the next week. 12 weeks and I couldn't even get my first color choice...can anyone beat that??

Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
This is what my dealer told me. I called before going in and was told that a $500 deposit is needed. Thats it and its fully refundable at anytime, although it wasnt in writing.

I put in my order for a VBP Sport in 5speed. I also mentioned a white or red would do but I wanted the VBP the most.

They told me that they can only put in 2 orders a month for the Fits. Every 15th of the month they make new orders. Since they have a few orders before me mine wasnt going to be made untill months down the line. They gave me and estimate of November. Its only been a few days since I ordered it so I have plenty of time to wait.

BUT, they also told me that some people tend to back out of the deal. I dont see why but I guess things do come up during months of waiting.
When he said that was why I mentioned other colors.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Put down a $500 deposit on 5/20, still waiting for a build date - waiting for the elusive MT Sport in Red (preferably) or Storm Silver. If a Blue one came in, I'd probably take that too. The only one I really don't want is Black - too hard to keep clean.

Patience is beginning to wear thin.....

Old 08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
It's official...I picked up my white fit sport M/T today. 12 weeks from deposit to arrival. Thank goodness...my patience expired weeks ago.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Yay for you!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by RedAndy
Put down a $500 deposit on 5/20, still waiting for a build date - waiting for the elusive MT Sport in Red (preferably) or Storm Silver. If a Blue one came in, I'd probably take that too. The only one I really don't want is Black - too hard to keep clean.

Patience is beginning to wear thin.....

ordered my Fit 5spd sport in Red 07/17, got a build date of 07/21 and delivery date of 10/15-10/31....

but i guess it's rare to have the red

Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jacob1733
It's official...I picked up my white fit sport M/T today. 12 weeks from deposit to arrival. Thank goodness...my patience expired weeks ago.
Ooooooh - exactly what I'm waiting for! But I'm at 10 weeks and no word yet, so it's at least another 4-6 weeks unless I get lucky with a dealer trade.

Congratulations!

JonasM

Old 08-18-2006, 11:12 AM
iwillfit
just thought I would be mean and say I waited all of one day! Mine was available (Base SSM) the 18th of April and I picked it up on the 19th. Walked in and drove out and they have hardly had any since.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:21 PM
BOM AT Sport. 5 days (it was two weeks ago). Wrote about it here. There was a bit of a hiccup at first, but in the end, all was well.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by onebyone1958
Placed my deposit down on August 4th
Received email from my salesperson that the car was made on August 8th

He told me that as soon as he has a ship date he will email me

The adventures continues........
Dealer contacted me yesterday and said that the car was shipped on the 8th (not built as first stated) and has arrived in the US. Expected delivery in about a week......stay tuned

Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally signed a purchase agreement on July 8th for a VBP LX Std Transmission, in Ottawa. Dropped in at the dealership today (6 weeks, to the day) and they told me I'd just gotten an allocation. Build date is the 8th of September.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by onebyone1958
Dealer contacted me yesterday and said that the car was shipped on the 8th (not built as first stated) and has arrived in the US. Expected delivery in about a week......stay tuned
We picked up our car tonight !!!!! YEAH !

My wife drove it home and likes it even more than when we first test drove it.

All told it was 20 days from placing the deposit down to driving the car off of the lot.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 AM
3 months. Put a deposit down the end of January and picked it up the end of April... So even though I got one of the first cars, I still had the long wait, all the while hoping my old car would last that long.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
My wait is over. Picked up my Fit yesterday (MT LMM) and am grinning ear to ear.

All told, it was exactly 4 months from the day I ordered (4/19) to the day I could have picked up the car (8/19)--had I been in town to do so! But Murphy's law sent me off on short road trip the day before it was ready.

My salesman told me that Fits ordered (with deposit) today have expected delivery of next March but he's telling people April just to be on the safe side.

All I can say to the many folks still waiting is: patience! Take this opportunity to read up on this car so you can ask all the right questions when you finally get to drive one. This forum and Edmunds are great sources, thanks to all the good folks out there who take the time to share their experiences and research with the rest of us.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go take my new Fit for a little spin . . .

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM
I might just have the record by the time my car comes in. Of course, I'm not settling for any second choice - White with beige Sport Manual or nothing. My salesman told me that the order for that car was accepted last week, so next we should be getting a build date, etc.. He told me 60-90 days. If it goes the 90 days, I will have waited 6 months. Good thing my old Civic is still running.....

JonasM

Old 08-29-2006, 02:54 AM
we bought the day we saw it :P

Old 08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
We waited 7 whole days for our Fit Sport from time of deposit/order till it arrived... We were lucky that I work for a dealer that also owns a Honda dealer so we got express checkout as it were.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long did you wait for your Fit ?