Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite HID temperature?
20.15%
50.19%
23.57%
10000K or 12000K
6.08%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Gauging Interest for Xenith HID Kits... $140 shipped anywhere in the US!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by XenithXenons
Hi everyone,
Shortwave: Yes the Bi-xenon setup comes with glare shields . We have yet to ship your lights, but they will be going out this week and then it'll take about 2-3 days to get to Texas.
Thanks for getting back to me!

Old 09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by XenithXenons
We'll probably have something setup by the end of this month

Anything yet?

Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by brdss
Anything yet?
I passed waiting on the group buy figuring it wouldn't happen. I ordered September 23 to expedite delivery and paid full price only to find their stock depleted and two broken promises saying they would have stock Thursday last week and today. My order still reads "processing". I'll be totally pissed if George announces a group buy tomorrow after I've been waiting a week. They didn't waste any time charging my CC and changing the status of my order so I couldn't change it or cancel. Very disappointed so far.

Here is a recent group buy he posted on Zilvia.net forums:

1-9 buyers: $120 shipped anywhere in the US.
10-19 buyers: $115 shipped anywhere in the US.
20+ buyers: $110 shipped anywhere in the US.

Payments will be collected once 20 potential buyers have been added to our list. We will only accept Paypal for this GB, which is good for the CA residents as we won't be needing the additional sales tax .

If a group buy ever happens, this might give everyone an idea of pricing. The list of buyers included Bi's and low beam's as well as different bulb configurations.

Last edited by mrwilli1; 09-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:35 AM
It took me a while to get an update about my order as well. But George called me last week and mentioned that his shipment was being held up. He also told me I would be seeing shipping info on Sat or Mon and I got it on Monday.

If you call him he will call you back!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I apologize so much that I have not been able to post any response or answer PMs. Fitfreak was down for me for the past few days and all I got were e-mail updates.

brdss: We'll let you guys know about the GB. I apologize for letting you guys think that it'd be setup by the end of this month. Some stuff came up so a GB is not possible at the moment. I'll keep you guys posted though, we definitely owe you guys a GB asap.

mrwilli1: Well we won't be announcing any GB's so hopefully you won't be too angry with me... for the rest there's nothing I can say but I'm very sorry. We don't make our customers wait for no reason. We do our best to keep merchandise in stock and have it shipped promptly. We're not going to make any excuses, but we are sincerely sorry. I sent you a PM with a bit more info, don't feel like clogging up the thread. Thank you.

Shortwave: Glad to hear you got the kit! And yes, I do apologize for the delay... customs held our shipment, there was nothing we could do but wait. Believe me, it was tough to inform our customers of the delays but we feel it is better than lying (like most other companies do in order to keep their customers). In the end, integrity is worth a lot more

Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered on Monday... order says processing.

Is there going to be a delay on these??

Old 10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
me wants group buy. me wait for group buy. you take your time with setting up group buy

Old 10-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I just got my kit in this past Friday, so far, everything looks great. I actually have to wait until next weekend to install them since my car is still in the shop. But I really dig the quality of the lights and the packaging.Thanks George!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
I came sooooo close to buying one of these kits for my Fit. But after a little research there is no way I will install this or any other "HID kit" in any of my cars. There is a lot more science in what is involved in a PROPERLY designed headlight. A lot more than installing a bulb and ballast for sure. How many times have you driven down the road at night and cursed some other car who's headlights blinded you from way off to the side, never mind being in front of it. All from improper light scatter. The light housing has to be designed to work with what ever light sourse (bulb/filiment) there is inside of it. Our cars are not designed for HID's. Or anything else but what they already use (incandecent). Hey, I am all for modding cars. You want to slam it, lots of bling, killer stereo, forced induction? Go for it! But blinding every other driver in the road is a but much besides creating a big safty issue. You want a different color light? Go for it. Just install a different color bulb of the stock bulb type, an H11.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
you mean an HID bulb, the ones that sell for $10-$25? I was thinking about it, but I don't think the Fit can blind anyone unless you readjusted the aim of the headlights to project higher and longer range.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I think it all depends where you get your kit from. The higher end kits will come with glare shields, like mine do, so that you are not blinding on-coming traffic and keep the scatter to a minimum. I also think it depends on what Kelvin rating your going for. It seems to me anything higher than 6000k, scatter will be an issue. I bought a 4300k kit.

I did a lot of research and George has a really good product that satisfies the concerns that I had about buying a kit like this. I want more light and I don't want to be a distraction on the road.

And I hope you meant replacing the stock headlight bulb with another 9003/H4 not an H11. H11 bulbs go in your foglights.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hid

Originally Posted by Shortwave
I think it all depends where you get your kit from. The higher end kits will come with glare shields, like mine do, so that you are not blinding on-coming traffic and keep the scatter to a minimum. I also think it depends on what Kelvin rating your going for. It seems to me anything higher than 6000k, scatter will be an issue. I bought a 4300k kit.

I did a lot of research and George has a really good product that satisfies the concerns that I had about buying a kit like this. I want more light and I don't want to be a distraction on the road.

And I hope you meant replacing the stock headlight bulb with another 9003/H4 not an H11. H11 bulbs go in your foglights.
I am corrected, thanks! H4 in the headlights. Bug again, a lot of science in the design of all our headlights. I love mods as long as they don't impact someone else and would buy a HID kit IF it were proven to be safe against others and it worked for me. I would hate to be a contributing cause of an accident with an improperly designed headlight. But thats just me...

Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Boom, not a bad price.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 AM
5 Year Member
Shortwave: Good to hear you're enjoying the kit, thanks for the feedback

rocksnap: I get more blinded by raised trucks than HID kits. All misconceptions due to poor picture taking. And people really should learn how to aim their lights, even replacing halogen bulbs will result in misaimed headlights. If a headlight bulb shifts only a few mm from its original position, the light will shine at a very irregular level. Please remember to ALWAYS reaim your lights after messing with them.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
XenithXenons - You didn't answer my question about the delay on these... I ordered on the 29th, payment went through on the 1st. Online it still tells me processing? Whats the ETA on shipping these?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matt0807
XenithXenons - You didn't answer my question about the delay on these... I ordered on the 29th, payment went through on the 1st. Online it still tells me processing? Whats the ETA on shipping these?
Hello,

I apologize for missing your post, didn't read high enough.

Could I get your full name and order # please? I need to look up your order. We had a lot of orders from the end of September go out already so maybe you just haven't been updated with a tracking #. Please PM it to me, thank you.

Best,
George

Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
PMed, thank you!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, I agree with you that there is a lot more science in what is involved in a PROPERLY designed headlight. I agree with you totally: http://www.tfhrc.gov/safety/hsis/pubs/04140/04140.pdf

Now, what it comes down to is that there are different headlamp designs such as the Mercedes Benz, Acura TL, and the Honda S2000. All these are different designs that share one common thing, and that is proper alignment. I get blinded more by cars with aftermarket fog light that clearly say “For Off Road use Only” - If it’s blinding, the police will pull you over.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
does anyone here have a ge8 with an HID kit?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Hello XenithXenons,
I am interested in a set of the bi-Xenons... These HIDs allow me to keep my High and low beam??? I don't really care about DRLs... I apologize if this has been asked before: are the Bi-Xenons the same price as the singles??? thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gauging Interest for Xenith HID Kits... $140 shipped anywhere in the US!