Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Tell me I made the right choice!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I've been concerned about buying a Fit as well. I put down a deposit and I already have a little "buyers remorse" ;)

I'm trading in my tC (which I love) for better mileage and versatility. I've compared the Fit to EVERYTHING under the sun...including cars that won't be in the US for another year or two (Mazda2, Ford Fiesta). The one thing that helped me most was searching for reviews on the Honda Jazz. The Jazz (Fit) has been in the rest of the world for awhile now and while there aren't many cars to compare it to in the US, there are a ton available in Europe. After reading those reviews you'll see that the Jazz/Fit is the best b-segment car in the world.

All of those reviews and the great posts on these forums have made me feel more confident about my decision...I'm trying to be proactive and fight off the buyer's remorse before I buy!

Hope that helps!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, everyone. Your comments help, and so does driving my Fit!

I had a bit of a relapse of buyer's remorse the other day, when an xA was parked outside a room I was working in. I couldn't help admiring its cuteness. I looked up the street to my Fit, and it just looked like a mini-minivan. But oh, well. Cuteness isn't everything.

And, although I said not to mention the xA's center gauge placement, I've been testing out looking at the center of my Fit's dash periodically, and it's not really ll that comfortable for me, so I suppose the xA might be kind of annoying for that.

As for the aux jack, I'm definitely going to do the mod RedAndy talked about. When I have some time, I'm going to see if I can find an even cleaner way to install than the ones on the thread I linked above. I'm starting to like the idea of fixing up my little car. :p

Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I Love My Fit!

OK, so I'm feeling a little sheepish about having started this thread, and though I wanted to give an update, I didn't really want to bump it up. When I saw it was still on the front page anyway, I figured I might as well.

I LOVE my Fit! I don't know what I was thinking before. Every time I see an xA now, I think to myself, "How could I EVER have thought that was cuter than my Fit?" I smile when I see my Fit, and I love driving it. And the folding seats really can't be compared with any other car.

I am officially cured of my buyer's remorse, and I'm never going back!

Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing. How could you find the xA cuter than the Fit? I bought the Fit because it was one of the cutest cars I came across...

Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM
i think the fit is much nicer in appeareance than the fit....

Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
You might have been going through post car buying anxiety. I went through the same thing. Red was the onlly sport MT available, and it's the 2nd to the last choice. I eventually asid i'd get it but while theyr'e negotiating the price, i got scared and startign to regret, and i literally wanted to run out. Now I' sooooo glad I got the fit. The fit is great. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I smile when I see the fit too. I don't know why it makes me laugh. I've seen the car for over a year now, and I love how it looks.

Old 06-17-2007, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm the kind of person who's always returning things I buy, and purchases I can't go back on (especially $17,000 purchases) freak me out.

Hey gordio, I see you live near me--maybe sometimes when we're seeing a Fit and smiling, we're looking at each other's!

And talk about making you laugh--I actually do more than smile--whenever I see a Fit, I find myself saying, "Hi, Fit!" Talk about silly! :p

Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by jesicar View Post
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm the kind of person who's always returning things I buy, and purchases I can't go back on (especially $17,000 purchases) freak me out.

Hey gordio, I see you live near me--maybe sometimes when we're seeing a Fit and smiling, we're looking at each other's!

And talk about making you laugh--I actually do more than smile--whenever I see a Fit, I find myself saying, "Hi, Fit!" Talk about silly! :p
What a coincidence. I actually also think to myself "Hi, Fit", too. Glad you like your fit. I used to think the xA was better looking. When I chose the fit, i thought it was ugly, and wondered why honda didn't design it to look as good as the xA (or versa--and yes i thought the versa is good looking). But I really love the way the fit looks. It looks like a dolphin.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:49 AM
I had a little buyer's remorse when I bought my AT Sport Fit, but I think it was mostly spending all that money and being locked down to a $400 monthly car payment. Other than the other things (like the paint and MPG), I don't regret buying the Fit at all. It's a joy to drive everyday! It loves hugging those sharp curves and crusing fast with very little gas! I know that I bought one of the best econocars on the market today. As hip and cool as the Scions are, I think the Fit outclasses the Scions by far, and outperforms them. You may think the XA is cute, but look at your Fit, with all the extras and options, and your money was best spent in that. Cute is not everything!

One thing though: for the extra $1000 or so, I would have bought the Sport model instead of the base. The extras included: Paddle shifters, spoiler, alloy wheels, sporty styliing, better sound system and the keyless entry making the $1000 well worth the money. I think the Sport model version makes the Fit a very cool looking car, better that the Scion XA!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gordio View Post
But I really love the way the fit looks. It looks like a dolphin.
A dolphin? Hahahaha. I always wanted to be a dolphin when I was a kid.... ;)

Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by bluemeanie View Post
One thing though: for the extra $1000 or so, I would have bought the Sport model instead of the base. The extras included: Paddle shifters, spoiler, alloy wheels, sporty styliing, better sound system and the keyless entry making the $1000 well worth the money. I think the Sport model version makes the Fit a very cool looking car, better that the Scion XA!
Yes, I think the xtra $$ are well spent getting the Sport. You missed including cruise and fog lights in the list, plus the stereo on the sport plays MP3/WMA files (no MP3/WMA on the Base), and includes an AUX jack in addition to more power and 2 more speakers..

Old 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Easy answer...you made the right choice...IMO Fit's handling > XA handling, it's much more predictable. I haven't test drove the Yaris but pretty sure it's similar to a typical Toyota/scion...but i agree they are much cheaper :)

Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Yes, I think the xtra $$ are well spent getting the Sport. You missed including cruise and fog lights in the list, plus the stereo on the sport plays MP3/WMA files (no MP3/WMA on the Base), and includes an AUX jack in addition to more power and 2 more speakers..
The Sport radio also has a 5-mode equalizer and CD Text display capability. You also get the rear spoiler with the Sport model. All in all, $1000 is not a bad price for all the extras. I've seen cruise control and spoiler options on other models that were $600+ apiece!

Click here for a comparison of the Sport vs. the Base model.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by aaa12345 View Post
Easy answer...you made the right choice...IMO Fit's handling > XA handling, it's much more predictable. I haven't test drove the Yaris but pretty sure it's similar to a typical Toyota/scion...but i agree they are much cheaper :)
Not once you get them comparably equipped. Once you add abs, side airbags, etc, the price is really close, at least here in MN. In fact, I think the Fit was actually (very) slightly cheaper once you added everything onto the Yaris/Scion Xa. I got the numbers when I was shopping, but don't have them anymore. I do agree that the base Yariii are quite a bit cheaper.....

I guess in Canada it's a different story - Honda/Toyota pricing policy seems to vary by province. One guy in Quebec couldn't find a reasonable Yaris, and and someone else in Ontario couldn't find a reasonably priced Fit (or vice versa)

Old 06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
I know the Sport adds lots of options, but most of those aren't important to me, and some (like the body additions) I actually prefer not to have. I actually detailed the differences between the two trim levels in this thread. Say what you want, the Sport wasn't what I wanted. And I *love* my base.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Retired Moderator
The only other car that im looking at beside the Fit is the 08 Scion xB. I sat in one on sunday and loved it. Ill probaly end up with a Fit because i prefer cars over SUV's.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
The only other car that im looking at beside the Fit is the 08 Scion xB. I sat in one on sunday and loved it. Ill probaly end up with a Fit because i prefer cars over SUV's.
I finally saw an 08 xB the other day and I actually do like it a lot. Wasn't a big fan of the 1st gen xB but the newer ones are okay in my book, haven't check it out on the inside yet though..

Old 06-19-2007, 12:43 AM
NMG
It's a nice looking car IMO, it's very practical, it's great on gas, it should be relatvely cheap to maintain, the interior is very nice, it's fun to drive, it has enough power for what it is and it handles great. What more could you ask for given the price?

I have no regrets about my purchase and I actually didn't even get the butterflies after I bought it. It was the only vehicle I test drove that I didn't have to force myself to like. For me it was a great Fit . . . sorry for the lame pun :)