Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by GROC80
I was at CCM but Fitless , saw your fit out there. Had seen it before @ the ATB but you had different wheels. You rockin' the polished steelies for the meanwhile? I like your fit, interior is nice!
yea rockin steelies for a bit..i like the offset so it'll do for now. trying to get the interior and audio straight as you saw but I appreciate the comment. hope to see u and ur fit in the future.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
^^Well unfortunately the fit is gone & probably in new hands by now. We use to own a 08 base VBP fit. It was fully modded under the hood & never got around to doing exterior & interior. I got a Mugen Style Lip Kit I am trying to sell right now also. Just collecting dust. I'm still a big fan of the fit & wish I could get my hands on another. But yeah I will say what's up next time I run across your GD tres.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Sic 'Em Bears!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thefit09
Sic 'Em Bears!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie

Baylor Bears.... They play football.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Ah, didn't know that.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
And they beat Texas for the first time since '97... thus somewhat relevant to the Texas thread.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
The Longhorns have officially made me angry at them for sucking.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
The Longhorns have officially made me angry at them for sucking.
and made me officially ecstatic. They won't be down for long, unfortunately... they need a new OC and Gilbert has to be more accurate on his passing, not to mention, the receivers need to actually CATCH the ball when thrown to them.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
I am not into football at all but I think it's neat that Baylor won against UT after such a long time.... I like to cheer on the underdog I guess..... Must be some underlying flaw in my character or something, but I have always been that way.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm the same way, TEX. I'm also fiercely loyal to family, friends, and even teams. I wouldn't be surprised if you were too. I think they go hand in hand a lot. Cheering for the underdog is definitely not a character flaw, I've been doing it my whole life as a Baylor fan!

Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
It may not be a character flaw but it can be costly if it gets out of control..... I think the need to see the underdog come out on top has been my motivation to do all of the crazy expensive, time consuming stuff to my car.... I had a Lambretta 150cc motor scooter that I messed with till it overheated and seized up at over 80MPH, and a Harley that would wheelie and get a little sideways shifting from 2nd to 3rd at 110MPH but would overheat at speeds under 50MPH..... I hope I don't go and mess up my Fit by over doing it but I'm hiding money from the old lady to do some beefing up of the weak areas..... Do you know if it is possible to get a smaller than 35 HP jet for a nitrous oxide setup like the one you had on your car? It's an excellent way to lower intake air temperature, what do you think?.... I'm also considering methanol/water injection with special nitro methane boost juice as an alternative or maybe just put both in it..... I can always have the car painted pink and magenta with lime green pinstripes and like colored LEDs to accentuate what a cute little chick car it is....

Old 10-31-2010, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
hahahaha. Yeah, I'm sure you can get smaller shots. Would just be a matter of making them made and making sure the nitrous/fuel mix is correct. Sounds like a good idea to cool down intake temps.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't spend the money on the nitrous. AEM i think makes a water/meth kit. Bisimoto uses it on the little civic wagon with the turbo D16y that makes like 500+ hp on pump gas. Just sayin. If its good enough for that I'm sure its good enough for a fit with a supercharger

YouTube - Bisimoto 700whp D16Z 1990 Honda Civic Turbo Wagovan

Old 10-31-2010, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
I wouldn't spend the money on the nitrous. AEM i think makes a water/meth kit. Bisimoto uses it on the little civic wagon with the turbo D16y that makes like 500+ hp on pump gas. Just sayin. If its good enough for that I'm sure its good enough for a fit with a supercharger

YouTube - Bisimoto 700whp D16Z 1990 Honda Civic Turbo Wagovan
The things that are must have items to do the tuning properly is as costly or more so than the methanol/water or nitrous oxide injection systems..... I don't have much money but being an old man that has nothing better to save up for I may live long enough to milk a bit more power out of my toy... Getting old is wreaking havoc on my ability to do very much except on rare occasions but eventually it'll all come together, I hope. In just a year and a half I will start receiving Social Security so that will help out a little..... It's bad when something that would take all of 30 minutes just a couple of years ago sometimes takes 6 or 8 times longer... Earlier today I went for a walk in the woods and got lost in a mess of pine trees that have popped up on the south end of my place and I was pretty worn down by the time I found my way back to the house... I felt like I did as a kid when I got lost at my cousin's place in the country in what is now a bedroom community south of Dallas....

Old 10-31-2010, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
I understand this more than you might think.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
I just posted in the GE chat thread about driving my old car. At least for right now, I want to boost the hell out of the fit, slap on an LSD and put the stickiest tires I can find for it. I also went out and visited the future F1 track site with a friend yesterday, and this whole weekend has been about speed.

Just had to go out for a run to the store and find a few U-turns and hit the redline a bunch of times. I'm a little better. Maybe if my Fit were louder, that would be more satisfying. My neighbor had to wash his brand new 370z this afternoon too - and the new CTS-V coupe that showed up in the complex isn't helping. The mod gods are knocking on my door. Unfortunately I have no funds to pay them.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
In a lot of ways driving a stock Fit is more gratifying than having one that is over the speed limit before you realize it.... I have very fond memories of the old air cooled Beetles and to me the Fit has the same endearing qualities..... Being able to push it to its extremes without calling undue attention to yourself and having to keep the revs up and work the gearbox with little fear of cops being wise to the fact you are having a ball... Even though you aren't overtly breaking the law you are having so much fun that you have a hard time believing you aren't breaking some kind of law.....

Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Just throwing this out here for anyone interested cheap seat time. Event date is December 12th.

Dec. 12,2010 Gymkhana Finial - Houston-Imports.com

Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
In a lot of ways driving a stock Fit is more gratifying than having one that is over the speed limit before you realize it.... I have very fond memories of the old air cooled Beetles and to me the Fit has the same endearing qualities..... Being able to push it to its extremes without calling undue attention to yourself and having to keep the revs up and work the gearbox with little fear of cops being wise to the fact you are having a ball... Even though you aren't overtly breaking the law you are having so much fun that you have a hard time believing you aren't breaking some kind of law.....
You and I have talked about this on here, and in private messages--I agree 99.9% of the time. Right now though, I have the itch to take my Fit to places where the law, and people, are sparse, for a little blast through the hill country--with a straight pipe. Watch out deer!

I'll be fine by next week once it all wears off.

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread