Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
I have the itch to take my Fit to places where the law, and people, are sparse, for a little blast through the hill country--with a straight pipe. Watch out deer!
Great motorcycle roads in the Hill Country of Texas

^ Give that a gander, you may find a new road to have some fun on.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
I took a spin in the old pickup Friday night and there were plenty of deer out and about... I wouldn't be able to stand it here if the roads weren't so much fun on a motorcycle or car.... They are to weird for riding a recumbent bicycle on.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself

Purchased my 09 Fit Friday
Ordered my D2 coilovers and camber kit last night
Looking for Mugen visors now BUHAAHHA

Have wheels waiting - 16x8.5 +20 and 16x9 +14 BBS RSs

Hope to meet all of you at some point

Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cl9lover

Purchased my 09 Fit Friday
Ordered my D2 coilovers and camber kit last night
Looking for Mugen visors now BUHAAHHA

Have wheels waiting - 16x8.5 +20 and 16x9 +14 BBS RSs

Hope to meet all of you at some point
Welcome to the boards.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
we used to go out on lime creek road and drive there. It sounds amazing with an exhaust but even without its still alot of fun. Just be careful and don't push yourself beyond what you can handle.

I was out in my fit the other night and took a friend of mine out to a road where I used to go when I needed to let off some steam. And he was suprised the fit kept up as well as it did, not until the end of the road did i let him know that I had almost bit it once, because I wasn't used to being on the stock steelies and dunlops. I was used to some sticky falkens and wider 16s. So just saying don't push it more than you or the car can handle.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
D2 coilovers and camber kit

16x8.5 +20 and 16x9 +14 BBS RSs
well this should look interesting

Old 10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
well this should look interesting

Should look similar to my xB that recently was wrecked by some girl who couldnt learn to drive instead of text...

Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Should look similar to my xB that recently was wrecked by some girl who couldnt learn to drive instead of text...
Damn kids and their texting. Nice color choice on the rim's face by the way.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks Its Pheonix Yellow *Type R*

Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
not a huge fan of strangly colored bbs rs's but to each his own. I think the first xb is the best looking of all the cars from this segment. Don't know if the fit will be able to pull it off quite that well.

edit: what happened to the girl? I hope she got arrested

Old 10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Great motorcycle roads in the Hill Country of Texas

^ Give that a gander, you may find a new road to have some fun on.
Heh. I know of a few more roads than that.

Austin native here.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
I saw those wheels for sale on H-I. Sucks about the box :/

Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
The girl got arrested for not have a license... haha...

Yea, they were for sale when I bought my G35... Id rather keep em and make em work on the Fit =)...

Im sure I can pull it off... Im just scared about the rear camber

Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
I need to vent. So I'm a Ravens fan and wanted a jersey. Went to a store and tried on 2 different jerseys and found out that I'm a youth xl. Well, so I found an ebay auction for a ravens jersey and bid...it was the right size, etc. Anyways it came today and it's too small...WTF!! So I've got to send it back. I'm out the dough I saved. So now I'm gonna try a different type but I'll have to go try on that kind now too. 70 miles away. Grr. Anyways. Suck.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
^ That sucks.

Within the last hour I just rushed over to the local theatre to get tickets to Jackass 3D in busy traffic. My cousin has been wanting to see that movie since its been out and I haven't had any chance to bring him until now. So, I haul over there for the tickets then haul all the way home only to find out that my cousin has mouthed off and we can't see the movie. 15 bucks + gas/vehicle wear down the drain.

On the other hand, I turned in a job at Discount Tire. Fingers crossed for an interview.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Good luck on getting the job Hootie.... You will hate it on Saturdays when it is busy. It can be back breaking at times but it was much worse in the old days with split rims on trucks that could decapitate you if the mounting process wasn't done properly, manual tire changers, bubble balancers, and no air wrenches.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks TC, and I hear ya on the older technology and devices used at tire shops.

At my school's auto shop we have two tire machines and the older machine there is just so sketchy to work with. There is a long threaded stud that goes through the center of the wheel and uses a cone to secure the wheel. There is also a hydraulic arm that you have to lift up and rotate into position to break the bead (after the air is released of course). After the bead is broken and the arm is back in its storage position, an iron bar with a large center slot is used to fold a portion of the tire's sidewall over the rim's lip then rotates to dismount the outside of the tire (and scratch the crap out of the wheel's lip). I don't remember how the inside bead is broken though, but I do know that there is another hydraulically powered compo net that breaks the bead..

Old 11-04-2010, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
What you described was a Coats 1010.. I would have killed for one of those when I was having to do tire work... What I was using was a Coats Tire Man, and all it had was the threaded shaft and cone that held the tire down on a round table that had a spring loaded spike that went through a lug hole in the wheel..The power was everything you could physically put into it... It was older than I was at the time, built just after WWII ..... On weekend we had contracts to service trucks and the work was hell but at the time I loved it..... I was driving big flat beds that were military surplus before I was old enough to get a drivers license, I was big and looked older so I pulled off all right.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Id rather keep em and make em work on the Fit
if they worked on the xb then they'll work on the fit guaranteed. same bolt pattern same suspension setup basically, Looks like a nice offset so run on the inside won't be a problem. I don't think there is going to be any problem on your fit. I just think personally they look small on the newer fit. but I've seen it pulled off a couple of times.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
if they worked on the xb then they'll work on the fit guaranteed. same bolt pattern same suspension setup basically, Looks like a nice offset so run on the inside won't be a problem. I don't think there is going to be any problem on your fit. I just think personally they look small on the newer fit. but I've seen it pulled off a couple of times.

Wont look small if I slam the shit out of it :P

Im worried cause I cant camber the rear - But, we will see

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread