Texas Fits, Anything goes thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
yeah where are you talking about that you got torn up? I don't see how your car could be considered trash

Old 11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-16-2010, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmgd4
man people really know how to "bash" someones pride and joy. I thought it was kool that southrnfresh featured my car but other people seem to be just plain ugly. I understand that my mods aren't to everyones taste persay, but do you really have to make the extra effort in saying it's "trash"? I dunno guys but it's times like this that just makes me feel that it aint worth it sometimes...*rant*
Hey man sorry some people don't like your ride and don't get it that they comment like that. I think that its awesome that you put so much effort into your ride. Even if it's not everyone's taste it is well done! It is YOUR car after all. I wish mine was photo quality...

Old 11-16-2010, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
man people really know how to "bash" someones pride and joy. I thought it was kool that southrnfresh featured my car but other people seem to be just plain ugly. I understand that my mods aren't to everyones taste persay, but do you really have to make the extra effort in saying it's "trash"? I dunno guys but it's times like this that just makes me feel that it aint worth it sometimes...*rant*
Sir, even though they may bash on your car, that's their opinion. You cannot satisfy everyones need. I get bashed on a lot as well. The thing that matters is that you're happy with it, the people that comment POSITIVE on your car matters. Most people on the forums can just talk crap, but have nothing to back it up with. Props to your car and doing it the way it is because I honestly don't see many people trying on our Fits.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM
thx guys for the all the encouragement and kinds words. Marcus, I know we havent crossed paths yet but I really am eager to meet you and your Fit in person. It feels good to hear that a from a respectable team member from a well know texas crew. Thx

Freddy

Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 AM
I haven't posted to this thread in a while. I've been MIA, hehe. Here's an update on my car:

-just hit 38k miles
-just had alignment done, which it really needed. Toe was WAY out, so that was fixed. Honda dealer wouldn't do it, saying my car was "too low", so took it to Firestone and they did it for me.
-got a new portable XM radio a couple of months ago
-as I posted in another thread, water leaks in through the bottom of my driver door into the floorboard, causing my floormat to stink up the inside of my car
-wishing it was paid off (3 more years....)

Hope everyone is doing okay here!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
honestly i bet a lot of those people saying all that shit dont have anything nice themselves nor would they post pics of there cars because they know there shit would get ragged on. BBS RS would bring the car out more which would look a lot nicer but the steels are temps like you stated. i dont know why the guy commented about you wanting to get those wheels like its a bad idea. the guy who commented about your car being a fit at the end of the day.......yeah and who cares. People talk shit about the fit because they have closed minds and little imagination or creativity to put into this car. how many fits do you see done up like yours.....................not many and how many civics/integras do you see done up everyday............... a lot. dont even worry about it man the fit looks good

Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
personally i think the steelies are starting to become the new BBS RS. On every car all over the place. I like them. I'd rock them on the fit all day everyday especially if you don't race because their heavier than i'd like. BUT thats just me. I know someone somewhere is gonna hate. Thats they job, at least u giving them something to do.

P.S. if you selling the steelies holla at me.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
thx guys for the all the encouragement and kinds words. Marcus, I know we havent crossed paths yet but I really am eager to meet you and your Fit in person. It feels good to hear that a from a respectable team member from a well know texas crew. Thx

Freddy
Next show is at IFO San Antonio Dec 12th. You should take some time to go or hit up the preparty out in Austin on the 11th.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
I'll be @ IFO San Antonio...see you then!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Ill be there too!

And these steelies arent like all the others - They are made BY HAND by Opposum Jenkins... Not some company selling them for 50 bucks a pop!

The main reason I dont want Freddy to get BBS RSs is cause Im the only Fit in Texas right now with them :P

Freddy - As Ive said - Your car is the reason I even got a Fit... Its dope as shit and looks great... Fuck the haters.

BTW - Ill be at IFO SA on the 12th too repping for SunWorks .

And a small update -
Heres my car as it was sitting at IFO Ennis:

Name:  DSC_0330.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  166.9 KB
Name:  DSC_0331.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  104.3 KB

Old 11-18-2010, 02:30 PM
BBS will happen Trace! It will happen! (put's pinky finger to mouth Dr. Evil)

Old 11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
DAMN YOU!!!!! LOL -

Guess Ill have to just go bigger

CCWs or Jlines? What do you think?

Old 11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
played out........... lol

Old 11-18-2010, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
do you have any spacers on your wheels? if not thats dope how well it lines up.

@joel who u lolin at?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
myself. for saying bbs' are played out... cause they are, but everyone says that. haha. I'm just bored.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
No spacers - I dont rock that kinda stuff...

AS for being played out - They certainly are on VWs, but I can only find one other set on a Fit *Orange/Purple*

I really like CCWs and might go with those... Im not really sure... Whatever I get in the future will prob. be a 1 or 2 piece instead of 3... and I a little less stretch if I can...

Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM
i've seen like 5 or 6 sets of BBS's on Fit's...but dammit they look good!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
I wish someone had wheels for me to try out lol

Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
BBS are played pretty hard, period. Regardless of make. And crazy colors don't really make it more or less played. I looked at a set of 17" RSs for my new car but decided against it because 1. too expensive 2. not unique enough to justify that ridiculous price tag.

Fortunately the Steelies are everywhere but hated by so many that they aren't as prevalent.

CCW on the other hand yes nice wheel and expensive, but in the canibeat/hellafrush world they are the new BBS RS. I didn't really see a design i liked but thats just me. All of the mesh style wheels are starting to blend together to me.

I thought it was cool that Enkei is bringing the 92 back, I'd love to see that on a few fits, but in the end its still just another meshie.

In the end i find its best said by a sig i saw on stanceworks forums. Lets see if i can remember it.

"I'd rather have a dope car on forgettable wheels, than a forgettable car on dope wheels." At least thats my outlook on it.

@marcus What kinda wheels are you looking at?

Quick Reply: Texas Fits, Anything goes thread