UTAH FITS anything goes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Let me be the first to say Welcome, Steve is away right now. I'm from Texas lol but welcome to the Fit community! Maybe Steve will set up a meet while I am up there and we can all go cruise or something. Let us know Steve! See you guys soon!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Just checking in again. I haven't been posting much due to school and work, but I'm still around. I'll be around till only June, then I'm moving back to California for good.

Steve: Can you pm me a price for the mugen rear and exhaust for my 2010 Fit Sport? I'm thinking about getting it as a graduation present for myself before I head on back.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
DUDE you need to come listen to my exhaust mod! i can get you he mugen rear for 420.00 OTD
then get the short shifter and a couple other things (don't spend the money on the mugen exhaust)

Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Steve, can I get from your decal album #'s 3,4(x2),9,11,&13 along with the current Utah Fits Decal no taller than 4 in. and a Texas Fits Decal (if you can make one for me) no taller than 4 in. (I have a 6 in. flat black visor I am putting it on) just PM me price and I will have it for you when I come up. I will also make you a Unique Fits Decal if you would like, just give me the dimensions you desire and color. I see your doing yellow or gold? The decal will be one solid color so choose wisely padawon lol. I haven't gotten around to drawing out a Logo for the Unique Fits but hopefully one day. But for now that's your choice.
I will talk to you later man. June is just around the corner, hope to see a few Fits either at the wedding or at a meet.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
DUDE you need to come listen to my exhaust mod! i can get you he mugen rear for 420.00 OTD
then get the short shifter and a couple other things (don't spend the money on the mugen exhaust)
Will the stock exhaust fit the mugen rear? How long would it take from time of order to get the rear? And how about install cost?

What kind of exhaust mod?

Also curious about the 2012 black housing headlights. I kind of want to swap out mine for those. And then buy some smoked tails somewhere.

Last edited by joro; 05-01-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by joro
Will the stock exhaust fit the mugen rear? How long would it take from time of order to get the rear? And how about install cost?

What kind of exhaust mod?

Also curious about the 2012 black housing headlights. I kind of want to swap out mine for those. And then buy some smoked tails somewhere.
YES THE STOCK exhaust will fit with the mugen rear, my mod is my secret and extremely cheap
2012 headlights are different number and might not fit, i you want black housing headlights just get the fit base lights from 2010 i can get you a set for about (if your not sitting down - please do so now) $425 otd
for that kinda coin i'd spend i somewhere else
my buddys shop can install the rear for about 50 - 75 bucks

Old 05-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Utah Fits...Wanna do a cruise night? I own and operate a Hawaiian restaurant near the SL Costco with lots of parking. The Mini Cooper club used to hang with us all the time. Just putting it out there...everyone's welcome! Where are all the Utah Fit owners? These cars are really cool!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't really see any Fits while I was up there come to think of it.
Man too bad I can't go on a night cruise with you guys. :/ I hope there is like a car meet or a cars and coffee when I get up there.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HawaiianFIT
Utah Fits...Wanna do a cruise night? I own and operate a Hawaiian restaurant near the SL Costco with lots of parking. The Mini Cooper club used to hang with us all the time. Just putting it out there...everyone's welcome! Where are all the Utah Fit owners? These cars are really cool!
WHATS THE ADDRESS?
If its the on off 300 w and 1700 s iv'e been there that food is really good
about a cruise night, well i cant promise many fits but i can probably get a group of friends to hit up your joint on a saturday or even better on a sunday, tell me what time is good and i'll see what i can do about a money mob (just a bunch of people supporting local business)
i did a carwash take over and about 40 cars shoe up and spent money washing their cars and just chilled.
maybe i can get a buddy to throw a car show off and food get together too as we get into summer, nothing big so we don't need a permit
i dont know hit me up and i'll swing by and we'll chat about the possibilities
Wilson = 801 652 0970
i live in so. salt lake

Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
I didn't really see any Fits while I was up there come to think of it.
Man too bad I can't go on a night cruise with you guys. :/ I hope there is like a car meet or a cars and coffee when I get up there.
we'll have something going on when your here!!! whats your "tenitive" schedule?

Last edited by vtecfit1; 05-11-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Well I leave for OK to get my brother from N Dallas at midnight, wont arrive to Tulsa till 5AM will spend no more than 30min getting him situated in my car and then I will take off from there.
This is my route. (Do tell if you think of any good scenic routes that are toll free please)
Fort Hood, TX - Denton, TX (pick up friend and get some rest before 0000 (12:00 AM)
Denton, TX - Tulsa, OK arrive @ 0500 (5:00PM)
Tulsa, OK - Clayton, NM arrive @ 1307 (1:07AM)
Clayton, NM - Trinidad, CO arrive @ 1412 (2:12AM)
Trinidad, CO - Durango, CO arrive @ 1901 (7:01AM)
Durango, CO - Clearfield, UT arrive @ 0232 (2:32PM)
Wont be at my fiances until the 8th of June (Her BDAY)
We get married on the 9th. Honeymoon that night.
The 11th I have to leave to take my brother back to his campus by the 12th.
So If I can slip out sometime on the 10th then yea that is the only time I will be free. I know it is a lot shorter of a time than when I was there last time, I was going to stay till the 13th but my brother wanted to go and he has to be back early.
That is my plan for the trip. I got to enroll her in all these military stuff so I am taking her back to TX w/ me and then flying her back.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Yup, that's the one! it's actually on 3rd west and 18th south, right by Costco! No worries about a money mob, just cool to hang out. Sorry we closed on Sundays. Just was thinkin' and throwing out suggestions! Mahalo!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HawaiianFIT
Yup, that's the one! it's actually on 3rd west and 18th south, right by Costco! No worries about a money mob, just cool to hang out. Sorry we closed on Sundays. Just was thinkin' and throwing out suggestions! Mahalo!
do you drive a fit?
if so cool, if not no biggie, ill bring a few people in shortly

if you drive a fit then intoduce yourself man! lol

Old 05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Change #2
I will be up there until the 16th. I had to redo my leave packet because the commander put out a policy as I was trying to get him to sign it that everyone in the company could only take 14 days of leave. :/ Soooo I figure I will be there for a little bit like last time. Just wont be getting in trouble like last time lol.
No but I will be up there for sure, I got word back that I am taking leave from the 6th to the 19th. So if anything comes up Steve you have my number. Would really like to go through the mountains again. Has there been a rise of Fit activity in Utah Steve?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I sure do...it's a 2009 Sport. It is growing on me for sure. I don't see many Fits out there, which is weird because these cars are AWESOME! I would like to maybe lower my car just a little but am unsure how to go about it, that's why I'm kinda snooping around on here for other FIT fans! =)

Old 05-12-2012, 12:50 AM
wasssssssuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppp . Nice to see we have more fit owners! ill be at the Chevron on 4500 S. tomorrow evening with my fit! i'm the only one that shows up in a fit! Sad to see that not too many fit owners dont know about this site. last week i drove past a black fit sport decked out in mugen gear. and i also have spotted 3 lowered fits driving around. Im down to go to your restraunt if we have a get together! just have Vtecfit text me when you find out whats up! thanks

Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm rocking Eibach Lowering Springs. If you can see my Sig pic thats how low you will be. Not slammed but low as in you will barely clear speed bumps on the side skirts. Lol I had a GoPro (It fell off the car as I was going to Dallas and I didn't know till I got there. :/) and would plant it to the side of the car and saw that when I went over speed bumps that it would come close to touching them lol. But yea lower it man, the gap in the wheel wells are ugly. *Cringes* I can't even look at my stock photos because it looks like my car had a 3 inch lift kit on it.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM
I am getting the GoPro Hero2 before I come up. I have enough money to get one so I figured I would get it to get some good road shots of the mountains in CO. :P
See you guys soon!!! Can't fricken wait to leave.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Nice...I have been looking at the Eibach springs.to lower my car. I am kinda concerned about rubbing if I do go south a little. I do, every now and then, pile my sons and wife in the car and make a Costco trip here and there, is that gonna put me too low that I'll be scraping and rubbing? Kinda worried about that, have read quite a few threads with horror stories about Lowering. I am running aftermarket wheels, but kept them at 16". What do you guys think? Is there a shop here in Utah that could lower my Fit? Thanks for the help!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Depends on the tire size your running. I am running 205/50R16 size tires and I rub the front a little....well I rubbed to the point there is no plastic liner on my fender. :/
If I were you and you have the tools is go to AutoZone, rent a spring compressor and do the lowering yourself. Nothing really hard about it unless the stupid half shafts pop out, which they probably will (they tend to do that) so when you raise your car and take the tires off put the car low enough to where the rotors are touching the floor that way they have something to rest on and they wont pop out. Then you will have to take apart that long black plastic piece where your windshield wipers are and then take out the windshield wiper motor to get to the drivers side nut for the strut. the passenger side is visible. A allen key and a wrench is needed for the nut and strut. Get it off, drop it, raise the car enough that the allen key part clears the hole. Next take the two bolts out at the bottom of the strut and take the strut with the stock spring out. Now take the spring compressor and compress it and undo the rest of the nut on top of the strut and slowly uncompress the spring after sed nut is off. Replace spring with correct spring. (they will be labeled F-Front & R-Rear) The rear is the easiest to do. *Whispers "Thats what she said!"* lol
Crap I just realized I really gave instructions on how to do something lol wow.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Doesn't sound too bad...maybe I will make the attempt to do it myself. Thanks for the info. My tires are 195/50R16. I'm hoping I won't get too much rub. How low did you go? I probably won't go real low. Just a little to get rid of some well space. Thanks again for the info!

Quick Reply: UTAH FITS anything goes