UTAH FITS anything goes

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 PM
If that is stock tire specs you should be clear. You wont really rub. I only rub when I hit a bump hard on the highway or on the main road. Grrr, stupid streets around here are bumpy as hell and no one can really slam their cars cause they would get stuck lol. But yea check into that, really its not hard. Make sure you have a good jack to lift your car and not the crappy one Honda gives you. *yuck* I am afraid to use that thing, and it looks like someone F'd it up cause I used it once and it looked like it was bent when I was lifting the car. Afraid the thing is going to slip out from under the car. :/

Old 05-15-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
Change #2
I will be up there until the 16th. I had to redo my leave packet because the commander put out a policy as I was trying to get him to sign it that everyone in the company could only take 14 days of leave. :/ Soooo I figure I will be there for a little bit like last time. Just wont be getting in trouble like last time lol.
No but I will be up there for sure, I got word back that I am taking leave from the 6th to the 19th. So if anything comes up Steve you have my number. Would really like to go through the mountains again. Has there been a rise of Fit activity in Utah Steve?
no fit activity except what you see here -

Originally Posted by krazEkid
wasssssssuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppppp . Nice to see we have more fit owners! ill be at the Chevron on 4500 S. tomorrow evening with my fit! i'm the only one that shows up in a fit! Sad to see that not too many fit owners dont know about this site. last week i drove past a black fit sport decked out in mugen gear. and i also have spotted 3 lowered fits driving around. Im down to go to your restraunt if we have a get together! just have Vtecfit text me when you find out whats up! thanks
we'll swing by your place (hawaiian), it's right around the corner from my place, i see modded fits all the time, even talk to owners, noone ever logs on

I'm rocking Eibach Lowering Springs. If you can see my Sig pic thats how low you will be. Not slammed but low as in you will barely clear speed bumps on the side skirts. Lol I had a GoPro (It fell off the car as I was going to Dallas and I didn't know till I got there. :/) and would plant it to the side of the car and saw that when I went over speed bumps that it would come close to touching them lol. But yea lower it man, the gap in the wheel wells are ugly. *Cringes* I can't even look at my stock photos because it looks like my car had a 3 inch lift kit on it.
stock gap is too large in my opinion too. but for some reason certain angles look ok

I am getting the GoPro Hero2 before I come up. I have enough money to get one so I figured I would get it to get some good road shots of the mountains in CO. :P
See you guys soon!!! Can't fricken wait to leave.
GoPro's are the shit!! i wanna upload some of your vids when youre here

Originally Posted by HawaiianFIT
Nice...I have been looking at the Eibach springs.to lower my car. I am kinda concerned about rubbing if I do go south a little. I do, every now and then, pile my sons and wife in the car and make a Costco trip here and there, is that gonna put me too low that I'll be scraping and rubbing? Kinda worried about that, have read quite a few threads with horror stories about Lowering. I am running aftermarket wheels, but kept them at 16". What do you guys think? Is there a shop here in Utah that could lower my Fit? Thanks for the help!
biggest issue is your offset on your wheels? if it's +40 or above, you won't have any problems lowering it with 195 series tires

Doesn't sound too bad...maybe I will make the attempt to do it myself. Thanks for the info. My tires are 195/50R16. I'm hoping I won't get too much rub. How low did you go? I probably won't go real low. Just a little to get rid of some well space. Thanks again for the info!
i have a friend that has a shop and has lowered every single car i have ever owned atleast once (lol - i'm on my second set up on my GE) he'll have all the tools and a lift if you want i'll get you a price on everything out the door!

sorry i'm hardly ever on here, i don't have the internet at my place, so i have to get on other places

Last edited by vtecfit1; 05-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Lol ok I will bring my External Hard Drive with me...well I will have to anyways to upload the vids coming up onto it. Lol let me chack and see if I have vid from the 2011 Meet. I know it was from my camera, I didn't have a GoPro back then so the vids might suck butt.

What Gen are the modded Fits you talk to? We should get something going. See when everyone is free and we can do like a pot luck BBQ and meet somewhere. sorry, I am a meet freak and don't mean to bug you guys about it everytime I am on it's just TX is dead with Fit Meets. Only meets here are the Import Meets, Cupcake Meets (CCM) and Import Face-Off (More of a drag racing meet) and now I am guessing Honda-Fetish will be hosting more meets, they just had their first meet last month. Pretty nice, a lot of cars that shouldn't have been there were there but eh it was cool to be at.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Ummm wow *Embarrassed* you don't want to see these vids Steve lol. If you thought the pics were bad oh man you don't want to see these. Like 4 second vids. I was trying to get her to record most of the trip but she would record for a couple seconds. *Rolls eyes* we will have to make new vids man. Vids with the GoPro. Sad to say but I will only be able to afford the HERO1 instead of the HERO2 :/ grr that makes me mad. I want the 1080p

Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
Didn't know you could still buy an older model GoPro, I thought one could only buy the latest version, I have an older model but just because I found it on a shelf for 100 bucks, mine only shoots 640, pretty blurry on a big screen, but ok on a computer monitor.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Yea, BestBuy and the Military PX's sell both the HERO and HERO2 and also sell all the addons like mounts, batteries, and a niffty LCD Screen that plugs into the back of the HERO2 also a Battery backpac for the HERO2 for longer camera life. :/ I need the HERO 2.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
GoPros are sik! My son has one and he has taken it snowboarding and stuff. Pretty fun camera! I ordered some springs for my car and will attempt the operation on my car when I get them. Thank for all your input, you guys are awesome. I'll post pics and let you know how things go. Funny...I seem to see more Fits out there when I'm in my wifes car than when I'm out and about, weird huh? There are quite a few that I see. Glad to see those Fits cruising the streets of Salt Lake.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Get ready to see a Decepticon Fit coming up through Salt Lake on the 7th of June. I should be at my destination around 10:00PM(2200) UT Time. 11:00PM(2300) Central Time.
I got the decals, its going to be a stock lowered 09 Fit with black rims and different tail lights. Soon I will be investing in the JDP products for my body parts. Then later on I will be getting the Fit wrapped in a Matte Black and completing my Decepticon theme. I wanted to do Barricade but I don't want to be pulled over every block. I was going to get a LED bar for the windshield and two small LED bars for the back and see if someone could tap into the headlights to put the strobes in them and then have two small LED bars on the front bumper (Hidden though)
But yea I figured I would do a Matte Black put a Decepticon Badge for the rear "H" emblem and have a J's Racing LED "H" Emblem behind the JDP front grill. Its going to look sick.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Just picked up my new GoPro HERO "HD Helmet HERO" has 1080p unlike my previous GoPro. Should be fun, hope I can find some 550 Chord and tie it off this time and not lose it to the highway doing 90mph. :/ (Following a group of S2K's) Lol yea my friend has a S2K and I just hang out with his group. At first they were like "Thats not a S2K! >:O" and then they warmed up to me when they saw me somewhat keeping up. Unfortunately I got pulled over the other day for doing "10% over the speed limit" The officer supposedly clocked me as I was getting on the on ramp and it was a 45 and I jumped up to 60. *Rolls eyes* so anyways the guy didn't turn his lights on until like a mile and a half down the highway estimated 4 min after I got on the highway.... can I fight that??? I know you guys are in Utah and things might be diff but still. What yall think?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM
...ok, I made the attempt to install my springs myself. All is well until I went to take apart the shock assembly by trying to loosen the nut on the top. Used a 6mm allen wrench for the center off the threading, couldn't loosen the nut and ended up actually stripping out the hole where the allen wrench goes. Now I'm stuck, I have no idea how to get the nut loose without ruining the threads. Am I up the creek now? What do you guys think? Any ideas, The only thing I can think of now is to drop some cash in to some new shocks/struts. I am really bummed now, anyone have some 2009 stock struts they'd like to sell? I guess my car is hung up for a while...dang! =(

Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
You need to take it to a shop, they will use a gun to get it off and put it back on, take it to
Import auto
552 w 3560 s (billinis rd)
Talk to hanh (hon)

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Fit meet anyone? Thinking Sunday the 10th?? Or an evening meet that next week (11-15th) any interest?

Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the reply! I got it done today...looks so much better a little lower. Other than that one thing, the install was a snap! Thanks for the info. Hey put me down for a "meet" that week you were thinkin'. I'm down with that, any day from the 11th to the 15th would be fine!

Old 06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Same here due to the fact I will be up at Bear Lake from the 9th to the 11th.
Contact your other Fits you see that arent a FF member and ask them too and lets all get together and find a date we are all comfortable with. I am down for any day as long as it doesn't hit Friday, we are going camping on the 15th through the 16th and then the 17th I leave back to good ol Texas. Where I have to sign back in from leave on the 19th.
It's a good 22hr, 40min drive with 70% of nice scenery. I am tempted to buy another battery for the GoPro because I know it's not going to last as long as I want it to while going through the Colorado Mountains.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply! I got it done today...looks so much better a little lower. Other than that one thing, the install was a snap! Thanks for the info. Hey put me down for a "meet" that week you were thinkin'. I'm down with that, any day from the 11th to the 15th would be fine!
Where did you get it done? Did they hook you UP?

Same here due to the fact I will be up at Bear Lake from the 9th to the 11th.
Contact your other Fits you see that arent a FF member and ask them too and lets all get together and find a date we are all comfortable with. I am down for any day as long as it doesn't hit Friday, we are going camping on the 15th through the 16th and then the 17th I leave back to good ol Texas. Where I have to sign back in from leave on the 19th.
It's a good 22hr, 40min drive with 70% of nice scenery. I am tempted to buy another battery for the GoPro because I know it's not going to last as long as I want it to while going through the Colorado Mountains.
OK THE MEET WILL BE ON THURSDAY EVENING THE 14TH, I will try like hell to get off work early so we (whoever that may be) can start early with shooting the shit and maybe designing decals, and installing them. Im thinking about making a canyon run before it gets dark so maybe we'll leave my place (154 w Haven Ave, south salt lake) for the canyon about 7pm, if you need to meet at the canyon must pm me we'll work out the logistics later

Any feedback? Lets hear it

Last edited by vtecfit1; 06-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Yay! I haven't heard word back on costs.
I got the BacPac Battery for the GoPro. Looks kinda funny with it on. lol

Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Yay! I haven't heard word back on costs.
I got the BacPac Battery for the GoPro. Looks kinda funny with it on. lol
PEOPLE THAT COME TO THE MEETS GET FREE (or extremely cheap) decals, so just get here and get hooked up
call me anytime you're bored while your in town, we'll grab a bite and shoot the sh!t

remember the meet is next thursday the 14th in the late afternoon/evening

801-six52-0970 - text for info or call - (if i don't answer, text me, cuz i got the bill collectors and/or certain people blowin my phone up - then i'll answer - LOL

Old 06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I finally got it done myself. after messing with the pass side front for a little bit, I got it all apart and the other three springs were easy after that. Thanks for your input. Things look good for Thursday, looking forward to it for sure!

Last edited by HawaiianFIT; 06-13-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
when looking for my place just look for these

154 w haven ave (apx 2300 s) just east of RcWilley
need anything call anytime 801-six52-0970

Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM

Wow Steve!
Lol got any old rims you don't want hahahahaha
I will be at your place around 6:00. Tomorrow is pay day! Saweet!
See you guys and hopefully more people out tomorrow.

Quick Reply: UTAH FITS anything goes