1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
What's wrong with a base Fit?

Name:  IMG_20140829_063750.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  36.9 KB

For anyone in western Canada, just fyi: it's for sale.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Wife finally got around to painting the roll cage. Going to be working on it quite a bit this summer. I haven't drove the car in over 2 years and I miss it. Kicking this project in high gear!!

Look for a built thread on here. Will start one in the next couple of weeks. Also check out my Instagram @pinkfitracing

Old 05-18-2017, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
I'm looking forward to it!

Old 05-18-2017, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Everyone needs a little J's in their life ;-) (sorry it's not clean and shiny, damn pollen is everywhere!)

Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Decided to some some mods while my daughter napped on Saturday, picked up an under-body diffuser a while back and had it installed but didn't like the placement. It sat too far forward and ended up catching wind so it became counter productive. To move it back the stock tow hook needed to go, so after a few minutes with a saw and grinder it was out. Was able to finally move it back so it sat more flush when mounted. Rear end up the unit needed a little more support, those metal lips to keep the rear bumper cover secure sure came in handy. Added an aftermarket tow hook since I didn't want to be the idiot broken down with no tow hook because I cut it out for the diffuser. Next up will be a Beatrush aluminum panel to make my undercarriage even more streamlined.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Very nice chris. car is looking good man.

Originally Posted by cnordt24
Decided to some some mods while my daughter napped on Saturday, picked up an under-body diffuser a while back and had it installed but didn't like the placement. It sat too far forward and ended up catching wind so it became counter productive. To move it back the stock tow hook needed to go, so after a few minutes with a saw and grinder it was out. Was able to finally move it back so it sat more flush when mounted. Rear end up the unit needed a little more support, those metal lips to keep the rear bumper cover secure sure came in handy. Added an aftermarket tow hook since I didn't want to be the idiot broken down with no tow hook because I cut it out for the diffuser. Next up will be a Beatrush aluminum panel to make my undercarriage even more streamlined.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Roy95supra
Very nice chris. car is looking good man.
Thanks buddy! I'm about ready to take that Megan pipe off if you are still interested ;-)

Old 05-22-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
cnordt24 - looks good! Would you mind taking a picture of the diffuser from the underside? I'm wanting to see the full length and how close to the rear beam it is. Did you remove the triangle jack support? Thanks!

Old 05-22-2017, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
cnordt24 - looks good! Would you mind taking a picture of the diffuser from the underside? I'm wanting to see the full length and how close to the rear beam it is. Did you remove the triangle jack support? Thanks!
I did remove the rear triangle support, used the 3 bolts to mount the diffuser. I mounted the diffuser flush with the beam where the front 2 bolts from the triangle mount, wanted to keep the wind from catching the lip of the diffuser. With those 3 bolts and the two I used for the back of it by the bumper it's pretty solid. I'll get a pic once mother nature cooperates lol.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Finally received my Amuse titanium lug nuts in the mail yesterday.

I've wanted a set for years and finally bought them as a graduation gift to myself. They were worth the 5 week wait time.

Name:  P8XVsRG.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  153.5 KB

Old 05-28-2017, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Another 51R :)

My stock size battery argued with me a couple weeks ago, and while it seems fine now... I decided not to let the gremlins have a chance and picked up a genuine made in 'merica 51R. Easy to install on my little 07 Sport. The old battery will live in the garage on a battery tender and serve to jumpstart and electroplate stuff. Yes, it was starting to rain as I wrapped up

Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
Not too much going on with the GD lately since its starting to get hot and humid in this area. It pretty much stays in the garage most of the week except to be driven to work or 50 miles to charge up the battery.

I did take it to autocross last Sunday with the 245s on and finally figured out the what tire pressures to run in the Maxxis VR1s. The car still has some bugs to work out between learning the tire as well as fiddling with the tune for the Kraftwerks S/C. The car is pretty grippy for being on a street tire... I still can't quite mentally keep up it in slaloms due to how much quicker it picks up momentum compared to NA.

It also HURTS to throttle lift oversteer now... I think bucket seats and at least a 4 point harness will be next on the list once I'm content with how the car runs.

Yesterday, I also gave the GD a quick wash... tomorrow I may either clean out the interior and pull off the Clazzio seat covers OR give it a quick spray wax in the morning. I haven't decided yet.

Old 05-29-2017, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
This may be worthless w/outpics but... confession time. I finally got a K&N for my little 07 Sport, putting it in, well, apparently I'd not changed the filter in some time. The Callie's in the old filter were full, like smooth full of various fibers annnnd there were two ping pong all sized blobs of the same fiber material. Kinda looked like the stuff inside a Harbor Freight moving blanket.

I freely admit my crime and throw myself on the mercy of the community.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Piscator
This may be worthless w/outpics but... confession time. I finally got a K&N for my little 07 Sport, putting it in, well, apparently I'd not changed the filter in some time. The Callie's in the old filter were full, like smooth full of various fibers annnnd there were two ping pong all sized blobs of the same fiber material. Kinda looked like the stuff inside a Harbor Freight moving blanket.

I freely admit my crime and throw myself on the mercy of the community.
Nooooo!!!! You owe us all an oil change as penance for your crimes against Fits everywhere! lol.. Good thing you caught it before it caused some serious damage, your Fit must feel like a corvette now with that new filter haha.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Nooooo!!!! You owe us all an oil change as penance for your crimes against Fits everywhere! lol.. Good thing you caught it before it caused some serious damage, your Fit must feel like a corvette now with that new filter haha.

I'l be 2nd in line for that oil change

I will be installing some T1R v2 springs next week on the Fit and install some MOOGs end links (since I finally got the annoying thumping noise in the front )

Old 06-02-2017, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Shift Knob and oil change

Bought the RSX shift knob that was an option on new 2007 fits. $35 from my friend at the local Honda dealer.
Originally I got the car with some junky plastic shifter, this is heavier, looks and feels far nicer.

Also got an oil change.

Anyone know of custom fit seat covers that are any cheaper than Clazzios? I want some badly but can't justify $500 covers.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the GD Fit today?-img_2110.jpg  
Old 06-05-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by amcraw16
Bought the RSX shift knob that was an option on new 2007 fits. $35 from my friend at the local Honda dealer.
Originally I got the car with some junky plastic shifter, this is heavier, looks and feels far nicer.

Also got an oil change.

Anyone know of custom fit seat covers that are any cheaper than Clazzios? I want some badly but can't justify $500 covers.
You're only seat cover option other then Clazzios are the generic covers from Pepboys, I had a set of the Clazzios and they are worth every penny. They are real leather and fit our seats perfectly. i only pulled mine out when I decided to put RSX leather seats in my Fit instead, keep an eye out on the for-sale forum for used ones that pop up every once in a while.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
So this weekend's project was adding more speakers, some may ask why, but I say why not! I had a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component speakers collecting dust, so my original plan was to add speakers using premade 6 1/2 speaker boxes in my trunk, but after that plan fell through (seller on ebay flaked) I decided to go another direction.. The panel on the trunk lift gate is flat and would make a great spot for a speaker install! So after doing some dremmel cutting and some wiring I now have 6 1/2 components mounted in the lift gate on top of the component speakers in the front and back doors to go along with a 10" sub giving me a total of 13 speakers in a Fit! I hooked up an Alpine KTP-U power pack amp (bridged at 2x90) to power the extra speakers, and so far so good.. I'll see what kind of adjustments I'll need to make in the next few days, but so far it's pretty clean.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Installed Brand new Plates...... Legal !!!!!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
New Rota wheels

Got new wheels today, got 15x6.5 et38 Rota Circuit 8's. Only paid about $390 because I bought Konig heliums and they weren't available. Direct exchange (like $60 off!)This is the closest to mugen wheels I'll ever get...

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?