1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't been shocked. I was looking at the lower threaded insert on the driver side strut tower that the DC strut brace attaches to, getting the bolt started in there may make contact with the exposed fuse box, that's all. I plan on disconnecting the battery when installing my brace, but good on you if yours cleared.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
I haven't been shocked. I was looking at the lower threaded insert on the driver side strut tower that the DC strut brace attaches to, getting the bolt started in there may make contact with the exposed fuse box, that's all. I plan on disconnecting the battery when installing my brace, but good on you if yours cleared.
Oh I'm sorry, that's what had me confused.. Yes, when I installed my front strut tower bar I uninstalled the battery, trying to mess with the bolt by the fuse box screamed electro shock if I didn't disconnect the battery. That front brace goes under the sub frame so no where near anything electrical. Sorry about the confusion ;-)

Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got around to wrapping my Mugen lip last night, picked it up cheap since it was a little beat up but after some sanding a wrapping you can't tell it use to be white and cracked lol. Hoping to have it installed today or tomorrow, I'll see what the weather allows.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Finally got around to wrapping my Mugen lip last night, picked it up cheap since it was a little beat up but after some sanding a wrapping you can't tell it use to be white and cracked lol. Hoping to have it installed today or tomorrow, I'll see what the weather allows.

nice!!! is that for the usdm front bumper or jdm one?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
nice!!! is that for the usdm front bumper or jdm one?
It is the JDM lip... Was told by a friend that it would fit my bumper, found out last night that it would not :-/ So now i need to figure out something else and find someone to buy this lip lol.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:43 PM
It is the JDM lip... Was told by a friend that it would fit my bumper, found out last night that it would not :-/ So now i need to figure out something else and find someone to buy this lip lol.

i actually found a replica mugen bumper that would fit on

Front bumper MUGEN for Honda fit/jazz GD | eBay

Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
i actually found a replica mugen bumper that would fit on

Front bumper MUGEN for Honda fit/jazz GD | eBay
That looks like a JDM bumper, being that it's from Russia it's probably EDM which is the same as JDM. You can tell cause its much shorter on the sides, to make that bumper fit Ide need new headlights and fenders. I've found a completely different looking USDM bumper cover that I'm going with, its not mugen but at least it's not stock.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 AM
That looks like a JDM bumper, being that it's from Russia it's probably EDM which is the same as JDM. You can tell cause its much shorter on the sides, to make that bumper fit Ide need new headlights and fenders. I've found a completely different looking USDM bumper cover that I'm going with, its not mugen but at least it's not stock.

gotcha well its an option to make that lip fit lol

Old 04-14-2017, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
gotcha well its an option to make that lip fit lol
Haha, that it is.. It will just cost me a lot of extra $$$ to buy the rest of the pieces needed to complete the conversion.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, Mugen did not make a lip for the USDM GD3. Unfortunately that misinformation keeps getting spread around.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by project-GD3

Where did you buy your headlights?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:52 PM
so i made another intake set up, i made the brutal mistake of selling my apexi intake which was the very last one in the country for the gd3 fit, all others didnt compare to it so i followed same concept and new set up is very responsive, the intake noise echos loud adn vtec ish in a sense had good all around the power band. i used a silicone elbow from an ebay intake i bought which the connection to the tb is 2.36 the size of the TB outer part, then the connecting end to the pipe is 2.5, the filter itself is a bmc carbon type not sure if thats true buts its real carbon outer shell and the inlet and outlet is 2.5 inch. i have found that is super key is to have the piping at 2.5 small enough not to lag and big enough not to choke. ONE VERY VERY IMPORTANT PART is vacuum, i drilled a hole closest to the TB as you can see and added a metal nipple so that way when the TB opens up the suction is there and wont lag. i found on my other set ups that the nipple placement is important for response, i know i may sound crazy but this is from my experience again from my testing and observation.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Yeah, Mugen did not make a lip for the USDM GD3. Unfortunately that misinformation keeps getting spread around.

I wholeheartedly agree. Anyone who says that they have a legit Mugen lip on their USDM Fit is lying.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 PM
I sold my GD3 (after two months of ownership) on Tuesday.

Name:  75vtkEC.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  503 Bytes

Farewell!

Old 04-21-2017, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
so i made another intake set up, i made the brutal mistake of selling my apexi intake which was the very last one in the country for the gd3 fit, all others didnt compare to it so i followed same concept and new set up is very responsive, the intake noise echos loud adn vtec ish in a sense had good all around the power band. i used a silicone elbow from an ebay intake i bought which the connection to the tb is 2.36 the size of the TB outer part, then the connecting end to the pipe is 2.5, the filter itself is a bmc carbon type not sure if thats true buts its real carbon outer shell and the inlet and outlet is 2.5 inch. i have found that is super key is to have the piping at 2.5 small enough not to lag and big enough not to choke. ONE VERY VERY IMPORTANT PART is vacuum, i drilled a hole closest to the TB as you can see and added a metal nipple so that way when the TB opens up the suction is there and wont lag. i found on my other set ups that the nipple placement is important for response, i know i may sound crazy but this is from my experience again from my testing and observation.

Great looking intake.. Should I mention that I have an Apexi power intake I might be willing to sell? lol

Old 04-21-2017, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EightyFour

I wholeheartedly agree. Anyone who says that they have a legit Mugen lip on their USDM Fit is lying.
Yeah.. I know who to blaim lol, but I am going in a different direction anyways. Putting on a completely different style of bumper cover.. can't wait to get everything installed!

Old 04-21-2017, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Metadata
I sold my GD3 (after two months of ownership) on Tuesday.

Farewell!
Daaammmnnnn!! Why so fast? Barely had time to break it in

Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Great looking intake.. Should I mention that I have an Apexi power intake I might be willing to sell? lol
ive spend so much money with different set ups that this will be my last.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
to help smooth the flow going into the intake, you should really get a velocity stack to put on the end of it. not only will it smooth the flow, but will actually allow a touch more air in at any given time...

for example:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v...UwRxoClZrw_wcB

Old 04-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by apexanimal
to help smooth the flow going into the intake, you should really get a velocity stack to put on the end of it. not only will it smooth the flow, but will actually allow a touch more air in at any given time...

for example:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v...UwRxoClZrw_wcB
i didnt think about that is a really good idea thanks

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?