1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Just ordered my Rays Engineering Dura Lug Nutsin blue cant wait for those bad boys to come in!!!!

Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RandomKoko
Where did you buy your headlights?
you can get them on ebay and rockauto

Old 04-24-2017, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
i didnt think about that is a really good idea thanks
cheers

10char

Old 04-27-2017, 03:58 PM
Gonna put on my Megan Racing Coils this weekend. Super pumped!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Did a little upgrade to my stopping power this weekend, also added Sparco pedal covers.. the old "Mugen" covers were beat up and needed to go!

Old 05-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by apexanimal
cheers

10char

Old 05-01-2017, 04:27 PM
finally washed the fit over the weekend since i attended the eibach east meet. My Rays engineering dura lug nuts cam in also.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cnordt24
Did a little upgrade to my stopping power this weekend, also added Sparco pedal covers.. the old "Mugen" covers were beat up and needed to go!

DPHA calipers? What brakes are in the rear? What are your impressions so far? I'm looking to pick up a set of them as well, so hopefully you'll have a good review!

Old 05-02-2017, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself

DPHA calipers? What brakes are in the rear? What are your impressions so far? I'm looking to pick up a set of them as well, so hopefully you'll have a good review!
Wilwood 4 piston calipers, still have the drum brakes in the rear. So far they have been great, stop way better then the stock brakes. Plus the weight difference is an added bonus.

Old 05-02-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Right, Wilwood DPHA calipers. I'm wanting to retain the rear drums too, zero friction is hard to beat. How's the pedal travel, do you notice an increase in the effort required? Have you done a full ABS stop from 60 mph? I heard about upgrading to a DC2 master cylinder with these, but if the pedal travel is negligible then there shouldn't be a need.

*FYI- I looked it up and the GD M/C is a 7/8" bore. I'm reading that most on HT prefer a 15/16" or 1" bore with the DPHA, but that most likely is with rear discs.

Last edited by idrivemyself; 05-02-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Right, Wilwood DPHA calipers. I'm wanting to retain the rear drums too, zero friction is hard to beat. How's the pedal travel, do you notice an increase in the effort required? Have you done a full ABS stop from 60 mph? I heard about upgrading to a DC2 master cylinder with these, but if the pedal travel is negligible then there shouldn't be a need.

*FYI- I looked it up and the GD M/C is a 7/8" bore. I'm reading that most on HT prefer a 15/16" or 1" bore with the DPHA, but that most likely is with rear discs.
I haven't noticed any difference in pedal travel, and when coming off the highway at a high rate of speed the deceleration is much smoother while also being much faster then with the OEM calipers. I wouldn't worry about changing anything else, performs beautifully.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member

I switched to the DPHA kit about 2 months ago. My set is a bit different then most as I went with the thermolock seals on the pistons. This helps for anyone racing so the seals don't blow out after a year and help with heat for better stopping power. During my brake switch I installed ss brake lines for better pressure during racing.

There is a difference in the pedal feel but it's minimum. The first 1/4" of travel you don't have anything there. So for those that are not familiar with pedal modulation this can cause some fear/panic making you step hard on the pedal. As far as stopping goes these are awesome. Yes you can do the MC change to help if needed which I plan to do sometime soon.

Also the stopping power matters with the pads you choice. The kit orders comes with the BP-10 which is a street pad. I use the BP-20 for street use and autoX and the BP-40 for road racing. So depending on the driving needs pick wisely on the pad.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
So this is something I've been planning for over a year now, but with being a new father and moving a year ago I never had the time till recently. I bought my Fit used, and the previous owner didn't care much about the paint condition. So with all the scratches, dents, and paint chips something needed to be done. I could do a repaint, but that can be pricey and I can't go with out a car for more then a weekend. I decided wrap would be my best bet, tried it once with red and it was ok but I always wanted to do black.. Picked up enough black wrap and after it sitting in my garage for about a year I decided it was time to hide my ugly storm silver paint. I need to go over a few spots for touch up, but over all I'm happy with the results.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:06 PM
i um...put my decepticon shift knob on...and cleaned the vtec strainer...i want to get a cai, but man i dont remember them being so expensive...

Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
There is a difference in the pedal feel but it's minimum. The first 1/4" of travel you don't have anything there. So for those that are not familiar with pedal modulation this can cause some fear/panic making you step hard on the pedal. As far as stopping goes these are awesome. Yes you can do the MC change to help if needed which I plan to do sometime soon.
This is what I was most interested in, thank you. Pad choice plays a role as well, sure, but the overall modulation on the stock m/c was the most concerning part.

Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
I switched to the DPHA kit about 2 months ago. My set is a bit different then most as I went with the thermolock seals on the pistons.
Do you mean you upgraded to the Thermlock pistons? AFAIK Wilwood only makes one type of square piston seal for the DP's. Could you link the upgrade? I'm intrigued.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by crazy_shadow
i um...put my decepticon shift knob on...and cleaned the vtec strainer...i want to get a cai, but man i dont remember them being so expensive...

i have couple intake for sale cheap

Old 05-17-2017, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cnordt24
So this is something I've been planning for over a year now
I wish my base Fit could pull off that hood. Looks great on your car!

Got some Tokico HTS rear shocks. Slightly excited.

Last edited by domoMKIV; 05-17-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by domoMKIV

Thanks! I'm sure your car, even being a base model, could pull off that hood. A few upgrades here and there and you can rock what ever parts you want ;-)

Old 05-17-2017, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by domoMKIV

there aint nothing wrong with base fit, i like to think i pulled mine off very well. mag blue wheels and all......

Old 05-17-2017, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
there aint nothing wrong with base fit
I wholeheartedly agree.

Day wasn't over as of last post, washed the car.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?