1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
wow thats amazing do you mind sharing engine mods too be able to obtain that?
Forced induction.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Forced induction.
ahhhh makes sense, me and my buddy might do a custom turbo kit for the fit top mounted but we will see.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Not much action for the GD lately. It's temporarily down after the low side AC hose had gotten cut open (zip ties flexed and allowed it to move as well as weak engine mounts. I already have the replacement hose in stock, just need to install it then add freon and PAG oil the next time I drive the GD to work.

While it's down, I'm likely going to go front mount intercooler. The top/side mount is functional... BUT under hood temps and intake air temps are ridiculous since I was looking 150 degree IATs and power was way down because of it. Then try to figure out a way to draw out stagnant/still air from the engine bay out.

Also, a friend and also former Fit owner (Saved) came out to ride along for the autocross event on June 25th. Good times were had and he happened to get this video of one of my runs. It run 2 of 6 and I was still learning the course.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  fQI4PhQl.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  56.6 KB

Installed a hitch to the Fit, and bought a small trailer to tow my Grom. Can't wait to hit up the local kart tracks!

Last edited by airwicc; 07-30-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got some time to do a few upgrades I've been meaning to do for a while, started with installing my new Depot headlights (black housing instead of storm silver), moved my LED fogs from being installed on the bumper cover to installed in front of the radiator. Re-wrapped the eyelids in carbon fiber vinyl before moving them to the Depot headlights. I also painted my chamber intake black (the blue just didn't sit right), and I added an engine dress up kit with red washers to add a little more color. I also added an NRG voltage stabilizer and an Apexi throttle controller. The voltage stabilizer has seemed to help with my radio causing my lights to dim and I do feel a little more "pep" in acceleration. The Apexi throttle controller is amazing! There are several settings and with the push of a button my acceleration has really increased, there are also settings for more low or high end power. There are also "econ" settings, but why in the hell would I use those?? haha

Found a great use for these tabs.. They made a great mounting spot for the fog lights

Black looks so much better then the blue on the intake

Old 07-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Hi, new to the forum. Any recommendations on roof racks for their GD? a rack for kayaking...

Old 08-02-2017, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mary Ann
Hi, new to the forum. Any recommendations on roof racks for their GD? a rack for kayaking...
Welcome to the group! I have the Thule blade system roof rack on my Fit for holding mountain bikes, it's been great. No increase in noise and I haven't noticed much of a difference in MPGs.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I need to get in on this thread since, after 9 years, I'm getting back to messing with our Fit.

Replaced the rear bumper cover last night. Fit made it 190,000 miles until some idiot hit a truck behind my wife and that truck hit her. Only tore a hole in the bumper cover, but still maddening. She has avoided plenty of idiots over the past 190,000 miles. Was trapped for this one.

We bought an OEM Honda bumper cover, had it painted, and installed it ourselves last night. Not a perfect color match Also upset that we no longer have a VIN'd bumper cover. At least the hole is gone!

Side note...been catching up on progress for the GD on this forum. Kind of sad in a way. Seems like a lot of products were never developed and some were brought out and already dropped.

Last edited by GAFIT; 08-04-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Happy 10th Birthday!

I finally tinted the windows for my car's tenth birthday. (And also it's been ridiculously HOT) 35% all around. I'm not sure how much I like it from the outside yet, but it's awesome from the inside!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
My car turned 10 last week. I could say it is not aging gracefully

Old 08-08-2017, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

PowerStop@Rock Auto 120. W 40. Core= 40. apiece.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Perrenoud!

I will be ordering the Integra Type R version of those shortly. Ordered Mini Cooper 280mm EBC USR rotors today and have most of the rest figured out. Working on an 11" front upgrade and rear disc conversion. Should have all parts on order by end of week.

Also 0rdered a new re-usable air filter as well. You know you have too many miles on your Fit when the K&N no longer wants to come clean and looks worn out.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit

PowerStop@Rock Auto 120. W 40. Core= 40. apiece.
Nice calipers, I used a set of those for a while and they worked really well. I love how the red really popped from behind my rims. I've since upgraded to Wilwoods and I couldn't believe the difference!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Decided to do a little upgrade to the oil cap.. Hooligan!!!! (yes, I know my head cover needs a cleaning lol)

Old 08-19-2017, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
**June 19, 2017 - Fit has officially been sold due to financial priorities. It has been a great time learning from fellow Fit Freaks and sharing some info that I know as well. Who knows maybe I would want to get myself back into a GD or GE somewhere in the future. But for now jmsplitfyre is signing out. Peace out, Freaks!**
Good luck with your future endeavors!

After months of searching, I finally found a very minty set of Mugen seat covers. Name:  z23DSsG.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  156.7 KB

Old 08-20-2017, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Swapped out the Bridgestone RE71Rs out and put on some Yokohama Advan AD08Rs in 45 minutes. New personal best! Haha

Old 08-20-2017, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered a front brake set from Rock auto, Bought the Centric/stoptec pads and coated rotors so far I like them , they are a bit dusty while breaking in, and they do make a squeek when you first take off when they are cold.

The coating on the un-machined part of the rotor is a nice gloss black out of the box and they were very affordable. I almost splurged for a set of the pre-painted calipers but I just rebuilt the calipers instead.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
I ordered a front brake set from Rock auto, Bought the Centric/stoptec pads and coated rotors so far I like them , they are a bit dusty while breaking in, and they do make a squeek when you first take off when they are cold.

The coating on the un-machined part of the rotor is a nice gloss black out of the box and they were very affordable. I almost splurged for a set of the pre-painted calipers but I just rebuilt the calipers instead.
The StopTech Sport pads? Did you scuff them prior to install? I had a set on my prior GD and never heard a sound. The heavy dust was normal, but they're a good street pad for the money.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Decided my ride needed a little more "bling" for shows and I wanted a little more "umph" from my sub with out needing a huge box so I decided to bury my sub in my trunk floor. I don't get the thumping I'd get from a proper sub box, but still hits plenty hard for our little cars.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
My dome lamp failed last night when I stopped at a grocery store to pick up an item while going home. So, on my way home, I made a quick detour to my local AutoZone to buy a bulb for the dome light. I chose to buy a stock LED upgrade for it. Tonight, I'll find out if it's brighter than the old tungsten bulb it replaced.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?