2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Ge honda data flashpro

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Not sure what's stopping them, they'd be first to market, and it's not like it's flooded with competition.
You brought up a good point. Not having competition is probably the answer here, there is no rush. But from a marketing stand point; I would think the closer to the release date of a new model would show higher profitability of something like this.

If Hondata needs engineers to move along the R&D, I'm willing. Haha.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I also believe the new Fit will be a new ballgame as far as the ECU goes.

They're completely capable of creating Flashpro for the Fit, they did the CRZ. Not sure what's stopping them, they'd be first to market, and it's not like it's flooded with competition. Overseas sales would probably top US sales; seems like they have money to burn
If the new Fit changes are anything like the changes from GD to GE it will definitely be a new ballgame... not to mention the differences in engine, it wont even be in the same sport let alone ballgame.

Don't look at the CRZ & GE8 similarities in engines as an indication, Hondata has already stated the ECU's between the 2 are vastly different... as per Hondata the GE8 ECU is more similar to the TSX (which they also recently released - 2011-12?)

Originally Posted by De36
The flash pro for the GD came out in 2012. We will see. Im surprised and disappointed that Hondata wouldn't jump on these asap the way Cobb, Jim Wolf and other tuners do..
I agree 1000%, but I think Hondata got bit a little with the GD & CR-Z.
Look at the GD3, Hondata released it several years after production stopped, and the new chassis was out. Also it had only a ~2.5yrs yrs of sales... and then they release Flashpro for the GD3's after quite a few serious modders already got a turbo (HKS), or supercharger (Kraftwerks thanks to Jackson Racing with a Hondata reflashed ECU) on their cars. Not to mention the K20 swappers & custom turbo set ups. By the time they released it, their market was pretty much the old or new GD3 owners who missed the boat on the Kraftwerks or HKS kits.

The CRZ is a different story, I like the car a lot, and have been trying to fit one in the stable for a while now (it hasn't happened yet, though), anyway that's besides the point. With that being said, what I think (IMO) happened with the CRZ is that they jumped the gun too quickly... It was meant to be a sporty hybrid (not the best hybrid, nor the best sporty car, but a good combination of both)... I think they expected the CRZ to have good sales, and of course the majority of the people who'd buy it (or bought it) would mod it. They knew they had a guaranteed market... the only problem is the CRZ sales were dismal, very dismal. So dismal that the new 2014 CRZ will not be offered in Europe, and also some Asian countries (iirc), and the NA market is on the verge of losing it too... With those small sales numbers it will take a while for Hondata to recoup that investment.

Yes, the percentage of GD3 & ZF1 (CRZ) owners who mod their cars is greater than the GE8's, however their overall sales numbers are much less... and with used GE8 prices falling, this market is growing. They can make Flashpro for the GE8, and sell it in only 1 country (take your pick Malaysia, or Indonesia) and make a killing... you see how those guys mod the crap out of their GE8's.

Last edited by FitStir; 12-13-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Yes, the percentage of GD3 & ZF1 (CRZ) owners who mod their cars is greater than the GE8's, however their overall sales numbers are much less... and with used GE8 prices falling, this market is growing. They can make Flashpro for the GE8, and sell it in only 1 country (take your pick Malaysia, or Indonesia) and make a killing... you see how those guys mod the crap out of their GE8's.
Yes this is what I was referring to by "money to burn"... I think every GE8 i've seen on here out of PACASIA has been really nice and there are a lot of them. They don't seem to mind importing stuff.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I have another thread that I just made regarding getting the GE Hondata FlashPro but that list are people who have the money upfront to either give a deposit or prepay HONDATA.

EVERYONE who can PAY upfront or deposit. Please add your name to the link thread i created. This shows that we aren't just interested, but actually are prepared to BUY IT NOW!!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1218631

Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Wafulz,

Please kindly put me on your Hondata Group Buy list please

Thank You
Please place your name on a new list I created (Follow the rules I wrote). This list are for people who can prepay or deposit upfront to HONDATA so we have a stronger case than just saying we are interested. Here is the link below:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1218656

Once we have enough people who can prepay/deposit. I will take it to them and ask how we can prepay/deposit to HONDATA so we can get a FlashPro made quicker for our GE8. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wafulz
So basically i been emailing hondata every day buging them to make it lol so i wanna try to get a group buy GE owners with guaranteed purchasing interest in a finished product. Maybe like a petition/pre group buy? Just a thought... Maybe they will make it faster or something ...

UPDATING THE LIST WERE READY

LIST OF BUYERS INTRESTED IN GE HONDATA <3

1. WAFULZ
2. JJIN
3. hayden
4. swflej1
5. wontfit
6. KCTitan
7. Schoat333
8. fujisawa
9. Wanderer.
10.AJR Jay LOL
11.mkane
12.Noxm09
13.555sexydrive
14.CHRISP1
15.1SickVeilsideZ
16.SickFit
17.walls<ge8
18.ThEvil0nE
19.Bisquick
20.ZaxMan
21.TurboDatFit
22.preludetofit
23.fit4biz
24.FitStir
25.linnboi
26.DoYouFit?
27.LamTeam5150
28. annunC8
29.V-Fit
30.m1sf1t
31.corygibson
32. shortstop
33. pocketrocket69
34. quadcricket
35. annunC8
36. Fitderp
37. Cocowheat
38. wontfit
39. Bobert
40. Mr.Dan
41. Bisquick
42. Honda neewb
43. lowered_klass
44. the BOM
45. breakerboyspikes
46.shortstop
47. A-Diggy
48. xxryu139x
49. MADMAN-_-zZ
50.thebrownhippo
51. unfit2compete
52. Arthur.T
53. justweav5
54 aceking66
55. Cutriss
56. 32Racing

I WILL BE SETTING UP THE GROUP BY WHEN IT IS OUT
Are those folks listed above willing to prepay the full amount if requested by Hondata? I'm trying to get a list of those willing to prepay. I'd like to work with you on this together to see how far we can actually go with it. I like to go to Hondata in person and say here is a long list of folks who will prepay and want you to set up an depositing system on their website where we can send our money to. Let me know. It seems you live in LA also. If we get enough prepaying people, we can go together in person and propose this to them.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Fuzzyfunk, you are aware that this is a "guaranteed purchase interest list", just like yours but older...

So basically i been emailing hondata every day buging them to make it lol so i wanna try to get a group buy GE owners with guaranteed purchasing interest in a finished product. Maybe like a petition/pre group buy? Just a thought... Maybe they will make it faster or something ...
Since Wafulz had the baby he hasn't been around as much, but still passes thru from time to time... what you need to do is PM the users/members on that are on that list to see if they're still interested (and if they even still have the Fit). But both you guys are from the SoCal area, so teaming up could get some results. Wish you guys the best.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
This is an old list already, most people on the list haven't logged in for months, got rid of the car etc. Need to weed through it and see who's still in.

Fuzz's list is for people that are willing to pay up NOW / DEPOSIT to get it going. List is currently at 10, so that's at least $6,500-$7K.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Fuzzyfunk, you are aware that this is a "guaranteed purchase interest list", just like yours but older...

Since Wafulz had the baby he hasn't been around as much, but still passes thru from time to time... what you need to do is PM the users/members on that are on that list to see if they're still interested (and if they even still have the Fit). But both you guys are from the SoCal area, so teaming up could get some results. Wish you guys the best.
No I wasn't aware it was a guaranteed list. Would have been nice to place that word as part of the topic. I will pm these individuals when I can find time. Any others who would like to assist are most welcome. Thank you. I will try my best.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
This is an old list already, most people on the list haven't logged in for months, got rid of the car etc. Need to weed through it and see who's still in.

Fuzz's list is for people that are willing to pay up NOW / DEPOSIT to get it going. List is currently at 10, so that's at least $6,500-$7K.
Exactly... see who's still interested or even has the car... but this list originally was a "guaranteed buyers list for finished product".

The difference between finished good payment & deposit for development is semantics.. hehehe...

Old 01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
I'd be down for this once I get my tax return. But that may not be until next month or maybe March depending how long it takes to get my w2.

Edit: oops thought this was the new list thread lol

Last edited by 07fit916; 01-14-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by 07fit916
I'd be down for this once I get my tax return. But that may not be until next month or maybe March depending how long it takes to get my w2.

Edit: oops thought this was the new list thread lol
Put your name down if you like. Who knows how long it will take actually to fill the list AND get Hondata to buy in. But if you are serious and want it, place ur name in the new list thread.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
I've been talking to hondata

Anywho sry y'all I have not been around busy with my son. I will
Be updating everyone name on the list. And yes hondata knws about my list very well
They knw me lol. I've been told to stop bugging lol

Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
I've been talking to hondata

Anywho sry y'all I have not been around busy with my son. I will
Be updating everyone name on the list. And yes hondata knws about my list very well
They knw me lol. I've been told to stop bugging lol
Awesome! Thank you!

Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 AM
I am def still interested and I believe I was on an older list .I dont think I ever sell my GE8 Fit

Old 04-25-2014, 01:48 AM
I also am still on the GE8 Hondata list

Money in hand ready for purchase

Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 AM
So how long

I'm interested in tuning my ge but how long before we see results to sink 600 into it

Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Talking go big not 20-30 hp but 300

Do a turbo K swap and use a hondadata, all the adrenaline you can stand under your right foot!

Speaking of crazy has anyone seen a turbo 3.2 V6 in a Fit?
(this is a 96 hatch)

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 07-10-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 PM
How do I get into the list?

Hondata better make it asap before mine RIP because I drive avg 50k a yr....and I expect to reach 200k by the end of 2016

K20a in 2017!!! LOL

Old 07-10-2014, 10:36 PM
The only current way to get hondata into a GE8 is to swap a K motor in with the entire underhood harness, and gauges still work since they run off the CANBUS

Is hondata worth the 6-700? hell yes, for those of us wanting to scrape more pnies and gasmileage out of the Fit while we save up for turbo parts. and to make the Sprintex supercharger kit much more interesting!

Quick Reply: Ge honda data flashpro