2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Ge honda data flashpro

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
IF WE Group buy Were getting it cheap.....
and as of the moment there are not taking any kinds of deposits............... : /

Warranty Why worry if you know what you getting your self into then why worry thats why we want it because we know what its about and were willing to spend to play<3

Damm U tyler i want flash Grrr

Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkane
A depost on something thats not there. Don't think so and $800 way over the top. Not spending thousands for a few HP. Must be my common sense comming forward.
This is why no one makes anything for the GE. You expect them to just magically pull this out of their ass? All the guys who did the GE base model lip from JDP put money down on something that wasn't there. You seriously expect a company to bite the bullet for R&D on a new product?

The hondata is your only option for a plug and play tuning system on the Fit. You're not paying for upfront gains but the ability to pull the most you can out of the car no matter what you do to it.

And it's not $800, More like $675.

Originally Posted by hayden
I look at it as money spent for a tunable car, and not so much what adding the Hondata will do right off the bat. Still pretty pricey for the potential N/A gains.
Exactly how you should look at it. You can use the hondata if you plan to go FI too. That's what the reflash is done with for the Jackson Racing supercharger on the CRZ.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Anything you do NA, especially on such low displacement is going to be comparatively costly.

Look at TPColgett's results.

11whp permanent gain from some minor bolt ons just by playing with the fuel trims.

He's now running a much further refined tune from me, and seat of the pants feel is suggesting that has been improved further as well. I am able to affect a wide array of changes.

He's having to rein in wheelspin on 225mm tires with a 140 treadwear rating from a dig on an NA Fit if that illustrates the change.

Among myriad other things, I have re-mapped his throttle plate vs. pedal relationship to feel like a mechanical linkage as well, and he has since ditched his electronic throttle controller.

If you include the ability to tune for fuel economy, see direct sensor feedback, etc. It's a fucking steal for the $625-675 I'm seeing them go for on other models.
Perfect example.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
I fully support the idea of doing a group buy, it really show Hondata we want it now. As DSM said TPColgett is only just starting he has a lot of room to grow. I think the money spend on the flashpro is more important then any other bolt on as far as power grains go.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
shoot if i can get hondata today i would sell my brand new buddy cubs in the box still for it

Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM
A depost on something thats not there. Don't think so and $800 way over the top. Not spending thousands for a few HP. Must be my common sense comming forward.
This is exactly why nothing is in the works for our cars. Go play gran turismo if you think dollars=hp. Common sense has nothing to do with it. Having a tunable option for our car is the most important thing for us to develop any extra horsepower. And 800 was just a number I pulled out of my head to make a point. I wish I had the stones to wire up an AEM FIC and boost my fit. But I admit I don't. If we get this it will open the floodgates for our community.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
As far as I know, there is no ETA for the flashpro for the GE8, Hondata just informed me that they have it on their to do list.

Not trying to shoot down the possibility of a group buy, but I don't think its going to happen that soon.

Thanks.

Jason @ AJR

Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm buying a Kart. The need for speeds in the genes. I'll blame this on my father.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
I'm without a doubt interested, sign me up; when it does come out, Flashpro will sure see my money first so I get the very first one Tyler knows, fosho.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
my kart wheels need new bearings : / i been lazy to change lol

Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DoYouFit?
I'm without a doubt interested, sign me up; when it does come out, Flashpro will sure see my money first so I get the very first one Tyler knows, fosho.
Haha, you just want a serial number like mine

I'm buying a Kart. The need for speeds in the genes. I'll blame this on my father.
I get to blame my Dad for that too! Then again, he did stick me in a 1/4 midget at age 5 though so I don't complain too much

Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Everyone should email hondata and let them know they're interested. Alot of emails will speed up the progress

Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by walls<ge8
Everyone should email hondata and let them know they're interested. Alot of emails will speed up the progress
I hope that's true... but if the posted answers to this type of request on their forum are any clue it will likely just annoy them

Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
I hope that's true... but if the posted answers to this type of request on their forum are any clue it will likely just annoy them
Thats ok. We can stop annoying them when we all have flash pro!
Plus a request to spend 6-700$ with their company shouldnt be considered annoying

Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thats ok. We can stop annoying them when we all have flash pro!
Plus a request to spend 6-700$ with their company shouldnt be considered annoying
Like i've said before. Start a deposit fund and they'll be more likely to speed it up. Sending emails does nothing. $$ is what gets things moving.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
YES dnt email them it will annoy them....

and like i stated before they dnt want our deposits yet : /

Old 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Since they don't want our deposits yet, How about we try saving and then tell hey we got like 20 people who has money in hand ready to buy, I know I'm almost there my self.

Last edited by swflej1; 12-19-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by AJR Jay
As far as I know, there is no ETA for the flashpro for the GE8, Hondata just informed me that they have it on their to do list.

Not trying to shoot down the possibility of a group buy, but I don't think its going to happen that soon.
Thanks.

Jason @ AJR
I think if we as buyers get a few thousand dollars together in a deposit account it will move up their list. Money is hard to ignore . Would AJR be willing to help us as a customer base get in contact with Hondata as I'm sure you have better contacts than we do. A GE8 version will equal a lot of money for Hondata and AJR as that is where most of us would buy it from. Just throwing ideas out there.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
I've got the $695 in hand right now, hell I've got $1390 in hand right now for 2 of them, not that I need 2. Just really want to see this come to reality. Then again, still seriously considering buying my old K20A from my friend (if he still has it) and going that route. Or just getting rid of the Fit, that is hard because everyday I see mine it just looks really good to me. I just want some testes instead of ovaries under the bonnet.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I just want some testes instead of ovaries under the bonnet.

that MADE my day

Quick Reply: Ge honda data flashpro