2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Where the front bumper is. This under panel wasn't made to work with the front bumper. Although it wasn't hard to over come.
Also on our under panel it needs to be cut so it sits on the radiator support and not on the plastic.
If you look under you car and look at the instructions you'll understand it.

Last edited by mikes-ge; 06-09-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 204FIT
Sweet photo from the meet last sunday, and got a custom splitter from an accord earlier and installed it real quick
Hi, what size wheels and tyres are those? Looking for the same fitment on my 08 Fit.. Thanks!

Old 06-09-2017, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
I installed the under panel.
Looks good.. I would probably remove the blue plastic liner while you still can, before it starts to come off in little pieces as the plastic ages. Given the panel looks like stainless steel, the plastic wouldn't add much more protection and eventually the plastic could start flapping in the wind.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Spotted a photo of the Fit on Super Street Online. Pretty cool

Hondas of Wek'fest L.A. 2017

Old 06-10-2017, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Spotted a photo of the Fit on Super Street Online. Pretty cool

Hondas of Wek'fest L.A. 2017

This only makes me want to get the 12-13 headlights more. Lol!

Old 06-10-2017, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
This only makes me want to get the 12-13 headlights more. Lol!
Do it! The OEM blackhouse looks great.

Old 06-10-2017, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
An update for that under panel. I've noticed that at 65+mph the road noise is reduced to nothing now. Also it seems to add better aerodynamics. Almost to how splitters do to the front end. I'm very impressed with this mod. Worth them dollar bills!

Old 06-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Had JPS carbon hood, spoiler, grill and diffuser wrapped in 3m carbon vinyl.

I think it turned out pretty sweet...

Last edited by TIGHT-FIT; 06-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TIGHT-FIT

I was thinking about doing this awhile back... that looks awesome!

Old 06-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Banned
So... Spent about 5 hours on the Fit today. Took off the front crash bar, A/C condenser, and I'm working on removing the radiator (just have to drain it and disconnect lower hose). Also took off the fenders and hood. Apart from the crumpled hood, cracked bumper, and bowed fenders, the car is in pretty solid shape considering. The alternator got a little crushed so I'll have to replace that, but I wanted a higher power alternator anyways . I think the oil pan is cracked, there's no other explanation for why I drained the oil in the accident (unless the Fit has a hidden oil cooler or something) but I haven't gotten a chance to look at it. Other than that, the engine is untouched, thank god lol.

This means that all I need to get the Fit operational again is a new oil pan and alternator. The radiator isn't cracked but some rows are a little bent. The rad support welds popped off so that will have to be fixed. The rad support crumpled a little but not too bad, it should be fixable. The hood mounts are bent as well. The fenders basically pulled themselves so that's one less thing to worry about . The only airbag that went off was the steering wheel airbag, which I removed as well. I'll be getting a racing wheel anyways. Since I've been working on parting out the Fit, the interior is already halfway gutted. All I need to do there is remove the seats, carpet, and sound deadening. Then I'll put a full roll cage in, driver bucket seat, harness, and racing wheel. I'll also get a Cusco front brace and strut bar, and a progress rsb. I'll be replacing the damaged rad with a Mishimoto, and since the rad support is so f'd up I may just cut it all out and make a custom mount. That would mean I could fit in a bigger rad . The A/C condenser is ok but bent out of shape. I'll be deleting the A/C anyways. Planning to get the Zage turbo kit, and lightweight pulleys. Also a stage 1 or 2 exedy clutch and I'll get a machine shop to lighten the flywheel.

And, after a while I'll replace the TD04-HL turbo with a Holset HX35 for higher boost. And if I blow the engine, I may just get a K...

This is all years down the road, but the Fit is still go

Last edited by counterFIT; 06-10-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

u vinyled to protect the cf?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
u vinyled to protect the cf?
Yes. Plus the hood was starting to cloud a tad on the high spots, and before the hood began to delaminate I figured why not wrap it. Not really "poser," since it's a carbon hood to begin with. Lol

Old 06-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Yes. Plus the hood was starting to cloud a tad on the high spots, and before the hood began to delaminate I figured why not wrap it. Not really "poser," since it's a carbon hood to begin with. Lol
Clear coat on the JDP stuff is not that great. Just get them recleared and you will be much happier. I don't think it's the resin unless it is that bad.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator
I installed set of JDM DC5 Recaros. On Bride Seat Rails.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeahItFits
I installed set of JDM DC5 Recaros. On Bride Seat Rails.

Man you should've had those ready for yesterdays meet!

This weekend I installed a pair of Kicker shallow 6.75" subs. Originally they were going to go in the rear doors...they did temporarily but since the door more or less acts like free air, they did not sound good at all. ALso had to modify the hole to clear the speakers....complaining to Crutchfield tomorrow as they said these would be direct fits.

Built a small box for them and they sound considerably better. Gonna see how they do.

Installed a compact Kenwood mono amp and Kicker front speakers.

While I had the panels off I was installing CLD tiles in the doors. Today I finished installing CLD tiles in the rear doors as I had finished the fronts yesterday. I got a bunch left so I'll probably do the trunk area and MAYBE the roof.

Haven't gotten too many miles with the CLD tiles in all 4 doors yet so hard to tell the difference. I know that the doors sound more solid though, not as tinny sounding anymore.

I got 60 days to change my mind about the subs. SO far, most songs are much better, but some still leave some room to be desired and I'm not sure if thats due to the small cone surface area so it can't be as "punchy" or "snappy" as a single 12".

Old 06-11-2017, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
How did you do the passenger air bag thingy thing?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by shinjari
LOL where were you? They've been in the car since last week.
Couple people sat in the seats last night. Hahaha

How did you do the passenger air bag thingy thing?
Light is on.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member

This weekend I installed a pair of Kicker shallow 6.75" subs. Originally they were going to go in the rear doors...they did temporarily but since the door more or less acts like free air, they did not sound good at all. ALso had to modify the hole to clear the speakers....complaining to Crutchfield tomorrow as they said these would be direct fits.

Built a small box for them and they sound considerably better. Gonna see how they do.

Installed a compact Kenwood mono amp and Kicker front speakers.

While I had the panels off I was installing CLD tiles in the doors. Today I finished installing CLD tiles in the rear doors as I had finished the fronts yesterday. I got a bunch left so I'll probably do the trunk area and MAYBE the roof.

Haven't gotten too many miles with the CLD tiles in all 4 doors yet so hard to tell the difference. I know that the doors sound more solid though, not as tinny sounding anymore.

I got 60 days to change my mind about the subs. SO far, most songs are much better, but some still leave some room to be desired and I'm not sure if thats due to the small cone surface area so it can't be as "punchy" or "snappy" as a single 12".
These cars are acoustics hell it seems.

I woke up at 515 to wash my cars this morning.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeahItFits
LOL where were you? They've been in the car since last week.
Couple people sat in the seats last night. Hahaha

Light is on.
Damnit...I was there...didnt sit in anyones car though besides my own haha.

Originally Posted by mike410b
These cars are acoustics hell it seems.

I woke up at 515 to wash my cars this morning.
SO Shiny!

As for acoustics, once I put the subs in a box it was MUCH better. Fortunately with hatchbacks you can get away with smaller subs/power since the subs share the same space/air as the cabin, unlike in a coupe or sedan.

CLD tiles were to just help make the doors not resonate/vibrate or at least minimize it. They sound more solid now when I close the doors.

Last edited by shinjari; 06-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
As for acoustics, once I put the subs in a box it was MUCH better. Fortunately with hatchbacks you can get away with smaller subs/power since the subs share the same space/air as the cabin, unlike in a coupe or sedan.

CLD tiles were to just help make the doors not resonate/vibrate or at least minimize it. They sound more solid now when I close the doors.
Goin need all the deets on how to make this happen. The more I think about it, the more I think I should try to keep the Fit to at least 150k miles, value really isn't going to get much lower than it already is.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?