2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Banned
So I'm waiting to hear back from insurance about the car...

Should I just part it out? And should I get another fit or just look into something else? This really sucks because I was sooo close... This morning I got an email back from Zage turbo... Poor Fit.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
So I'm waiting to hear back from insurance about the car...

Should I just part it out? And should I get another fit or just look into something else? This really sucks because I was sooo close... This morning I got an email back from Zage turbo... Poor Fit.
Yeah the Fit unfortunately seems to "total" fairly easily.

Hard to make plans without knowing what the insurance adjuster plans to give you if they total it.

To be honest, not sure what kind of market there is for used Fit parts so maybe parting out isn't the best route.

Also not sure the extent of the damage and if it's even worth trying to fix and drive around with a salvage title.

Lastly, if you enjoyed the Fit look at another Fit...otherwise this may be a good opportunity to check out a different ride.

Ultimately you gotta wait for what the insurance says regardless.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Yeah the Fit unfortunately seems to "total" fairly easily.

Hard to make plans without knowing what the insurance adjuster plans to give you if they total it.

To be honest, not sure what kind of market there is for used Fit parts so maybe parting out isn't the best route.

Also not sure the extent of the damage and if it's even worth trying to fix and drive around with a salvage title.

Lastly, if you enjoyed the Fit look at another Fit...otherwise this may be a good opportunity to check out a different ride.

Ultimately you gotta wait for what the insurance says regardless.
Thanks for the response. I think I'll lease and eventually buy another Fit for now, and keep a few of the parts from my old fit. Things like radio, wheels, etc I'll sell because I plan to upgrade those eventually anyways. On a lease however, I cannot modify the car so that will give me time to sell and think.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Looks like I won't have much for mods. I'm waiting on the upper body braces (I say this because the "strut bars" don't mount to the struts). I just don't know if I want to buy carbon fiber parts. Maybe the mugen front lip. So, expect just after carwash pix.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the response. I think I'll lease and eventually buy another Fit for now, and keep a few of the parts from my old fit. Things like radio, wheels, etc I'll sell because I plan to upgrade those eventually anyways. On a lease however, I cannot modify the car so that will give me time to sell and think.
Best of luck. Just remember anything you remove from the car you have to replace with the stock part...otherwise insurance will ding you for those parts being missing. At least that was my previous experience.

What headunit did you have? And you know those JDM LED tails would sell easily.

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Looks like I won't have much for mods. I'm waiting on the upper body braces (I say this because the "strut bars" don't mount to the struts). I just don't know if I want to buy carbon fiber parts. Maybe the mugen front lip. So, expect just after carwash pix.
You gonna do the rear mugen too? A little jealous at the mugen lip option for the early GE. Only real option late model GE owners have that are cost effective are the JDP lip, Modulo lips, or if you have some serious $$$ then buying/shipping/painting a Fit shuttle bumper is an option.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned
Best of luck. Just remember anything you remove from the car you have to replace with the stock part...otherwise insurance will ding you for those parts being missing. At least that was my previous experience.

What headunit did you have? And you know those JDM LED tails would sell easily.
Yeah I still have all stock parts so I should be good to go.

Head unit is a KDC-X597 if anyone is interested- I will ship. Looking for $50.

If anyone wants the tails... I will only sell if you are willing to pay $200 + S&H. No lower, I will keep them if they don't sell

Old 05-16-2017, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Theres also full jdm front ;p

Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Theres also full jdm front ;p
Well of course that is an option as well.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not going that far on the fit. Where I live is like the arm pit of California. Waaaaaaaaay to many trucks with drivers that don't give a fuck. I really like the Beatrush under panel. But I don't know. I'm gonna wait until I have the strut bars.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:56 PM
I really want to get some of the steering wheel inlay stickers and things for my 2017 fit. where can i find stuff at a reasonable price?

Old 05-16-2017, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Never mind, I googled it.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:58 PM
the honda symbol on the steering wheel is what i mean

Old 05-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Banned
The Shuttle Grille is officially back up for sale- PM me if you'd like to buy. It's packaged and ready for shipping.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Banned
I'm not going that far on the fit. Where I live is like the arm pit of California. Waaaaaaaaay to many trucks with drivers that don't give a fuck. I really like the Beatrush under panel. But I don't know. I'm gonna wait until I have the strut bars.
The under panel is the one JDM mod I would absolutely recommend... It's worth the hassle

Old 05-16-2017, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
The under panel is the one JDM mod I would absolutely recommend... It's worth the hassle
Whats the benefit of the underpanel?

Old 05-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Banned
Whats the benefit of the underpanel?
Some aerodynamic value but mostly oil pan and engine/trans protection, when you're super low it's an oil pan saver

Old 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just gonna wait. I wouldn't mind picking up some 12-13 headlights.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just gonna wait. I wouldn't mind picking up some 12-13 headlights.
Pretty sure the 09-11 base headlights are the same.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Banned
Pretty sure the 09-11 base headlights are the same.
They're identical except for the color- the 12-13 sport lights are chrome and the base are grey. Grey is better for an aggressive look but chrome is better for VIP. A nice set of remanufactured lights is like $400, but at a junkyard you can find them for like $50...

Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 PM
Banned
Full Part Out, remember shuttle grille is still available as well as a 2012 base grille with fake Red H badge: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1371700

Selling my wheels for $500 w/ tires for anyone who is interested

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?