2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Banned
Well, plans change. I'm thankful to be alive.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
is there a cool story behind this?

Old 05-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
is there a cool story behind this?
HAHAHA of course there is.

Sooo... I took a 90 degree turn (more of a curve) going about 50mph, and drifted it. I actually did fine and completely cleared the curve but I under-corrected my steering and hit a car in the other lane, head on

Car is actually fine apart from the bumper, radiator, compressor, passenger headlight, passenger fender, crash bar, and hood. So... JDM front end here we come!

And then the turbo/SC....

Old 05-14-2017, 03:58 AM
dang counterfit that sucks. it may seem like you were dealt a crappy hand today, but you might have gotten a full house. we are all glad you are ok.

I also had a busy day with the fit, nothing crazy like you though.
I adjusted my valves, put in new plugs, plastidipped the rear diffuser, replaced shift boot, spray painted all the black plastics on the front, then put on some glossy clear. Its been a long day... maybe ill put some pics up tomorrow. The spraypaint did give the fit a clean look.

Last edited by Kipperskipper; 05-14-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kipperskipper
Hello, I adjusted my valves, put in new plugs, plastidipped the rear diffuser, replaced shift boot, spray painted all the black plastics on the front, then put on some glossy clear. Its been a long day... maybe ill put some pics up tomorrow. The spraypaint did give the fit a clean look.
Damn dude. That's a lot for one day but nicely done

Old 05-14-2017, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Well, plans change. I'm thankful to be alive.
HAHAHA of course there is.

Sooo... I took a 90 degree turn (more of a curve) going about 50mph, and drifted it. I actually did fine and completely cleared the curve but I under-corrected my steering and hit a car in the other lane, head on

Car is actually fine apart from the bumper, radiator, compressor, passenger headlight, passenger fender, crash bar, and hood. So... JDM front end here we come!

And then the turbo/SC....
Dang bud. Glad you are ok. How was the other car? They ok as well?

Damage seems pretty extensive. I've seen Fits get "totalled" for less. If it isn't, then maybe a JDM front seems logical since you'll be replacing most of the same items anyways.

In the future lets keep the racing/drifting to the track/controlled environments. I am guilty of totalling my first car (95 accord sedan) when I was 18-19 due to inexperience and being reckless "racing" another car, oversteered, lost traction and slammed the side of the car into the center divide, luckily no one else was involved besides me. As I mentioned, glad you and (hopefully) the other people are ok.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari

Damage seems pretty extensive. I've seen Fits get "totalled" for less. If it isn't, then maybe a JDM front seems logical since you'll be replacing most of the same items anyways.

In the future lets keep the racing/drifting to the track/controlled environments. I am guilty of totalling my first car (95 accord sedan) when I was 18-19 due to inexperience and being reckless "racing" another car, oversteered, lost traction and slammed the side of the car into the center divide, luckily no one else was involved besides me. As I mentioned, glad you and (hopefully) the other people are ok.
Yeah. Lesson learned. Other car was fine, bumper and radiator damaged and airbags deployed. I have good insurance so it'll get covered, rates will skyrocket though. Luckily I didn't get pinned with any bad tickets so I should get off decently. JDM Front is what I'm currently planning, I'm not gonna quit after this. Thanks for the support brothers

Old 05-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Kipperskipper
dang counterfit that sucks. it may seem like you were dealt a crappy hand today, but you might have gotten a full house. we are all glad you are ok.

I also had a busy day with the fit, nothing crazy like you though.
I adjusted my valves, put in new plugs, plastidipped the rear diffuser, replaced shift boot, spray painted all the black plastics on the front, then put on some glossy clear. Its been a long day... maybe ill put some pics up tomorrow. The spraypaint did give the fit a clean look.
Thanks bro :/

Old 05-14-2017, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari

I agree with this. I'm all for having a spirited drive on an open road when no one is around but any racing or hard driving should be kept on the track or designated race areas. Glad you are okay and the other driver walked away but all it takes is one miscalculation to take a life. Your own or someone else's.

Good luck with your plans and please let this be a major life lesson.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
I agree with this. I'm all for having a spirited drive on an open road when no one is around but any racing or hard driving should be kept on the track or designated race areas. Glad you are okay and the other driver walked away but all it takes is one miscalculation to take a life. Your own or someone else's.

Good luck with your plans and please let this be a major life lesson.
Godzilla is not amused

I agree with these guys. I was hoping you had a cool story and not a reckless one. NEVER put others in danger for your recklessness. I'm glad you and the other driver are safe. It really sounds like you need to slow yourself down. The fit is a fun car to drive no doubt; but if you don't have cash money to spend $12k+ the fit ain't gonna be fast.
You def need to control yourself. I know you're gonna take this the wrong way, you're 19. You may have to hit your head on the windshield a few times or ever hurt someone bad or wittiness a friend die in order for you to understand things. We're all different.

Aaaaaaaand, I added come Downstar covers, yay!

Last edited by mikes-ge; 05-14-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, call me ignorant...but I've seen people put these...more or less sweat/wrist bands on their brake resi's in both cars and motorcycles for years now. Is there any function to it? Does it somehow affect the fluid? Or does it just keep the sweat/perspiration out? Lol.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
In theory brake fluid expands and this absorbs any small leaks.

@counterfit...dude you don't need more power if you're crashing into people when driving spiritedly as is. Being young & dumb is fun, but being reckless is no bueno.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ true. In race cars these are useful. For our cars it's purely for looks.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 PM
Banned
Guys, while I appreciate the concern that I'm only 19 years old, please don't tell me who I am. I know how to drive, and yeah I'm crazy, but I was diagnosed with Manic Depression just two weeks ago. That's been hard enough to deal with, now I have to find a way to work 50 hours a week to pay for insurance and my car. And then I have to deal with people judging me and calling me a dumbass. So thanks, I know I'm a dumbass. I guess it's just part of life, but trust me when I say, I know what I'm doing. Everyone gets into accidents at some point, mine was a simple miscalculation. I wasn't being completely dumb, or else I'd be dead right now. Lesson learned, end of story. I'm sorry I even shared this with you.

Last edited by counterFIT; 05-14-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:47 AM
Banned
If you're interested in spending more money than you have, I advise checking out the following site:

https://www.jsracing.co.jp/js2/index...W=2&xSHASHU=32

Old 05-15-2017, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Guys, while I appreciate the concern that I'm only 19 years old, please don't tell me who I am. I know how to drive, and yeah I'm crazy, but I was diagnosed with Manic Depression just two weeks ago. That's been hard enough to deal with, now I have to find a way to work 50 hours a week to pay for insurance and my car. And then I have to deal with people judging me and calling me a dumbass. So thanks, I know I'm a dumbass. I guess it's just part of life, but trust me when I say, I know what I'm doing. Everyone gets into accidents at some point, mine was a simple miscalculation. I wasn't being completely dumb, or else I'd be dead right now. Lesson learned, end of story. I'm sorry I even shared this with you.
Well this explains your GRANDIOSE plans. Time to get on some meds and calm yourself down, and if you are on meds, it takes several weeks before they fully kick in. Internet forums is not the right place for you to bring out your junk. The internet can get cruel and will make you feel worse than you are feeling now. And if you are bipolar as you say you are, then no, you don't know what you are doing.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Well this explains your GRANDIOSE plans. Time to get on some meds and calm yourself down, and if you are on meds, it takes several weeks before they fully kick in. Internet forums is not the right place for you to bring out your junk. The internet can get cruel and will make you feel worse than you are feeling now. And if you are bipolar as you say you are, then no, you don't know what you are doing.
This. So much of this.

Trust me, none of us are trying to be dickheads about this. But it seems like you're acting in a way that is very detrimental to yourself & others long term, criticism in the way we've been laying it out is an effort to help you help yourself. Not get our rocks off by being jerks.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Yeah I noticed your aggression on Truefitcrew the other day, too. Thanks for the support :/

I am on meds, thanks for the concern. Don't ever say that shit again. I don't take lightly to people telling me what to do health-wise. As far as it goes, however, manic depression is a real illness, so please treat it as such. And yes, I do know what I'm doing. Differing opinions doesn't mean one or the other is wrong. If you're going to hate on my plans and tell me to "take meds to calm down" or " Internet forums is not the right place for you to bring out your junk." then please kindly go *** yourself. I really don't appreciate it. Also, you are more responsible for "Internet forums is not the right place for you to bring out your junk." than I am, since you chose to react to my statement.

Have a nice day, $$$$.

^^ and if you don't like the way I'm talking to you, then try talking to me in a less aggressive manor first

Last edited by xxryu139xx; 05-15-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:37 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mike410b
This. So much of this.

Trust me, none of us are trying to be dickheads about this. But it seems like you're acting in a way that is very detrimental to yourself & others long term, criticism in the way we've been laying it out is an effort to help you help yourself. Not get our rocks off by being jerks.
You're right! However, could you see how infuriating it is to try to do something you love and be met with someone telling you to "take meds" or "calm down" because I get treated like I'm insane...

I am insane but still. Try to just act like I'm not, please.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Limit the internet therapy.

Not my cars. We went off track.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?