2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Here's hoping you get everything sorted out in the positive! Plans ALWAYS have a way of mutating beyond our control.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Hey Black2sr, where did you get the driver's side seat belt anchor cover? I'd love to snag one.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
I have these as well. Did you know there is also a similar cover for the driver side seat belt anchor.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned
Anyone know the best place to buy the BuddyClub seat rails for the GE? Or, a better alternative?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Glad you're ok CounterFit. Also I'd read an option is that people get the brackets for a Civic modded to fit our cars.

Ordered my rear bumper applique today. Researching door speakers, sound deadening material and possibly an underseat subwoofer or two.

Also considering new material for the doors since I'll be removing the door panels for the speakers and sound deadening...but not sold on the twill-like material I've found online. I like how it currently matches the seats and not sure I'll ever get leather car seat covers, just seems too "VIP" and not my style or the direction my car is going. Maybe the wet suit/neoprene material...but that doesn't seem any better at being less of a dog hair magnet than the stock upholstery.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Painted my NT03s black and installed my Canards back on again.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 PM
I drove 100mi to get front 4 windows tinted to match the rear;she chugged along returning 45mpg, not bad for 180k mi. At $50 it was worth it.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Took my fit out to a show this weekend

Old 05-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Glad you're ok CounterFit. Also I'd read an option is that people get the brackets for a Civic modded to fit our cars.

Ordered my rear bumper applique today. Researching door speakers, sound deadening material and possibly an underseat subwoofer or two.

Also considering new material for the doors since I'll be removing the door panels for the speakers and sound deadening...but not sold on the twill-like material I've found online. I like how it currently matches the seats and not sure I'll ever get leather car seat covers, just seems too "VIP" and not my style or the direction my car is going. Maybe the wet suit/neoprene material...but that doesn't seem any better at being less of a dog hair magnet than the stock upholstery.
Thanks man, support means a lot to me.

Keep me updated on which fabric you choose, I am going to do this within the next few months.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Banned
I made a YouTube channel... we'll see how that goes. No videos on there yet, I just made it 20 min ago. Subscribe to see vlogs and meets!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7z...8da5K9xQxWqeeQ

Old 05-10-2017, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I just found out that Cusco makes a quick release for their strut bars. It's intended to use with the rear strut bar, in case you need to make room for stuff. I think I'm gonna buy a set.
Other than that not much going on, just waiting for parts. I'm on the fence for that Beatrush splash guard. I want to get it... idk, see what happens. I also want to get a throttle controller too. Then that would be it for a long time. Won't need a whole lot.
Hey, does anyone know if the rear trans mount is the same for auto and manual trans? I thought they were different lengths? If y'all know let me know. I goggled it but didn't come up with a definitive answer.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I would like to know too.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Nice Pics from the show connor. My fav is this guy. He's totally like "oh yeah...mmmmmm...thats a Sexy Fit" *drinks his drink*

In regards to the AT vs MT mounts. They appear to be very different, I mean look how HUGE that auto trans is vs the manual trans. As you can see, the mounts on the right hand side of the explode views are very different. I'm assuming you're trying to see if you can simply swap the lower mount to clear your cusco V1 bar.

Auto trans

Manual Trans

Old 05-10-2017, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like the AT trans mount is shorter. Well, for those guys with a MT Hasport makes a rear mount now. 131 shipped or something.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
A little info that I discovered. As you guys saw, I drilled a bunch of hole in my air box and I eve gutted the inside of it. I was able to pick up a stock air box and install it. Come to find out, I get way better gas mileage and a bit more low end power with the non-modified air box with HKS drop in filter. Looks like those Honda engineers are smarter than me! Hahahahaha!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
I just found out that Cusco makes a quick release for their strut bars. It's intended to use with the rear strut bar, in case you need to make room for stuff. I think I'm gonna buy a set.
Other than that not much going on, just waiting for parts. I'm on the fence for that Beatrush splash guard. I want to get it... idk, see what happens. I also want to get a throttle controller too. Then that would be it for a long time. Won't need a whole lot.
Hey, does anyone know if the rear trans mount is the same for auto and manual trans? I thought they were different lengths? If y'all know let me know. I goggled it but didn't come up with a definitive answer.
get the crz under tray. will fit with some modifications and a few drilling and bumper clips.

also, the at torque mount is different from the mt torque mount. let's see how long you can stand the constant creaking when the engine shifts and the v1 bar rubs the torque mount. i lasted maybe 6 months. u really don't need it since u have the v2 bar.

the instant release screws should also work for the front strut bar. i've been eyeing them myself since they block the brake reservoir, but i'll jump on it when it's time to do some brake work. i hate pulling the cowl off.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned
Looks like those Honda engineers are smarter than me! Hahahahaha!
Good old Japanese R&D. Can't beat it if ya tried lol, no offense

Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
A little info that I discovered. As you guys saw, I drilled a bunch of hole in my air box and I eve gutted the inside of it. I was able to pick up a stock air box and install it. Come to find out, I get way better gas mileage and a bit more low end power with the non-modified air box with HKS drop in filter. Looks like those Honda engineers are smarter than me! Hahahahaha!

Drilling holes in the airbox will decrease the velocity that the air in entering the throttle body. So that is a no good. But.... you can enlarge the inlet runner and make longer to allow for better top end while still having a bit of low end still intact due to the longer tract. An added bonus would be to connect ducting to "ram" air into the airbox increasing the dynamic pressure and minimizing pressure lost when the throttle sucks all that air which will bring back the low end even more than stock!!!...

Last edited by weenee; 05-11-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by weenee
Drilling holes in the airbox will decrease the velocity that the air in entering the throttle body. So that is a no good. But.... you can enlarge the inlet runner and make longer to allow for better top end while still having a bit of low end still intact due to the longer tract. An added bonus would be to connect ducting to "ram" air into the airbox increasing the dynamic pressure and minimizing pressure lost when the throttle sucks all that air which will bring back the low end even more than stock!!!...
I ended up figuring that one out. I'm gonna see what type of box I can test out now that I have an extra one.

I contacted Downstar about making a Fit specific dress up kit. I think they like the idea since they don't have to do much R&D. Lol! You never know. See what happens.
Also next week I get my HOP arm rest, Cusco RSB and Spoon front rigid collar. I'll be posting updates when they come in.

Last edited by mikes-ge; 05-11-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Well I waited too long to order my tires and now they won't arrive until Monday. :/

I had planned to put the new nittos on my new set of wheels Saturday in time for the Socal Fit meet but now I need to figure out how to get down to the shop during the middle of the week which is not ideal because I have work.

Nothing ever good comes from procrastinating.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Well I waited too long to order my tires and now they won't arrive until Monday. :/

I had planned to put the new nittos on my new set of wheels Saturday in time for the Socal Fit meet but now I need to figure out how to get down to the shop during the middle of the week which is not ideal because I have work.

Nothing ever good comes from procrastinating.
Noooooooooooo! I wanted to see these new "Shoes". Whats the point of me even going now... lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?