2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
Well seems silly to reply after my own comment but I installed my cusco 4-point and 2-point bars today. Took a decent drive and maybe I'm crazy but I feel that the steering is tighter/more responsive. Time will tell. Install was easy. Lift and support vehicle. Grab your 19mm socket. Breaker bar or impact the bolts you need to remove...install bar...reverse procedure. Hardest part was moving the fender liner out of the way to get to the control arm bolts. All in all took about 45 minutes tops.

I still believe these scratches on my 2-point are from it being the lowest point on the car now.

Also trying to get my coilovers leveled at the front and rear. my driveway unfortunately isnt exactly level so its been difficult. Currently front is within 1/8" of eachother, so I think thats good since the high side is the driver. The rear is within 1/4" of eachother. Think Im gonna raise the driver side a hair and lower the passenger side to meet in the middle. Can anyone share their ground to fender heights? Front is 24" and rear is 23.25" at the moment.

Alignment first thing next week. The place I wanted to go to today was booked.
Nice! I need those bars, and a rsb. DEFINITELY get an alignment ASAP, I forgot and then when I got new tires, the old ones were f**ked entirely lol.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
I too have some parts to take pix of today!

Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Nice! I need those bars, and a rsb. DEFINITELY get an alignment ASAP, I forgot and then when I got new tires, the old ones were f**ked entirely lol.
Thats the plan first thing next week. The shop was booked. They have been doing it the old school way since they opened in the 70s and tons of autoX-ers and lowered drivers recommend them. Didn't realize I'd need to make an appointment lol. Funny thing was the guy was teasing and was like "you didnt go and put 20's or something ridiculous on this tiny car did you? No? Just coilovers, cam bolts and 15s? Thank goodness...that'll be $XX.XX for the alignment and we can discuss camber/toe etc when you come in."

Yeah the height difference in the suspension is driving me nuts. I'll let it settle a few more days and try to find a more level place to take measurements. Hell, maybe the alignment shop will take them for me since they have to have a level surface for accurate results.

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
I too have some parts to take pix of today!

Mike...totally jealous of the color of your fit (it is like my beloved 99 civic hatch...may she RIP). Loved that purpleish color.

Also...damn those StellaV's are bad ass! See! The top half smoked is the way to go. Even more reason for me to just smoke my USDM's . Never found the JDM OEM RS tails in smoke...or what the RS tails were even to begin with.

I know there are at least 3 JDM tails. Red one with 2 clear stripes from the early GEs. Red one with 1 clear stripe for later GE, these were LED. And the Clear housing/LED which I believe were on the Hybrid/EV models. What are RS tails? lol

Also was looking at the OEM struts and swifts I removed...turns out the previous owner didnt cut or remove the OEM bumpstops...that probably explains why it ran like garbage.

Last edited by shinjari; 04-14-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator
I was running swifts with oem struts at one point and didn't cut any bumpstops. It rode fine except for this one highway were I swear they were riding on waves when they paved it. Replaced the oem struts with konis and fixed the problem.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Shinjari, these are the jdm rs tails. Slightly smoked, but otherwise just a clear version of the one stripe led version found in europe and southeast asia.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator
mmm takeros!

Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Shinjari, these are the jdm rs tails. Slightly smoked, but otherwise just a clear version of the one stripe led version found in europe and southeast asia.

Totally have several pics of this Fit as a wallpaper. Love it. Well those are pretty slick, have seen them plenty....didnt realize they were OEM. May have to see whats up with those =)

Old 04-15-2017, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
The rear spoiler thing is so cool. Too bad its like 300 bucks for a strip of cf

Old 04-15-2017, 04:54 AM
Banned
This week has been crazy so I just got back to Raleigh. Also, got a TON of stuff for the car bc huge meet ya know. Got a small compressor to run tools off of, a power inverter to run the compressor or my laptop for tuning, a gas can for extra 93oct gas, a 4k go-pro chinese knockoff for video and dash cam, a Beltronics RX65 radar detector (finally lol), and carbon wrap for the car. Also got new IK22 plugs, Royal Purple oil, K&N oil filter, injector cleaner, and engine cleaner (similar to sea foam). Car is getting tuned in 14 hours Also, I plan to take a jack with me as well, I'm gonna hard park the sh*t out of my Fit and it'll be sitting on the ground. I cannot wait for this, expect pictures and videos of 2-step comp, burnout comp, and lightshow comp. If anyone in NC sees this DM me if you want to go. BRB gotta get 4 hours of sleep before I start working on all of this lol

Last edited by counterFIT; 04-15-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
This week has been crazy so I just got back to Raleigh. Also, got a TON of stuff for the car bc huge meet ya know. Got a small compressor to run tools off of, a power inverter to run the compressor or my laptop for tuning, a gas can for extra 93oct gas, a 4k go-pro chinese knockoff for video and dash cam, a Beltronics RX65 radar detector (finally lol), and carbon wrap for the car. Also got new IK22 plugs, Royal Purple oil, K&N oil filter, injector cleaner, and engine cleaner (similar to sea foam). Car is getting tuned in 14 hours Also, I plan to take a jack with me as well, I'm gonna hard park the sh*t out of my Fit and it'll be sitting on the ground. I cannot wait for this, expect pictures and videos of 2-step comp, burnout comp, and lightshow comp. If anyone in NC sees this DM me if you want to go. BRB gotta get 4 hours of sleep before I start working on all of this lol
sweet!!! have fun dude! They had a local meet in Livermore last night, but I work at 5am on Saturdays. that wasn't gonna happen for me.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Good luck man! I was in the same exact boat a month ago, was working for 2 weeks straight on the fit all day long and sometimes past midnight haha. Dont rush things in your haste to complete everything!

Old 04-15-2017, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Guys, I'm stuck at work till 330pm. I'm hoping I can see some cool pix or little knick-knack things done to your cars.

Old 04-15-2017, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
If youre super bored you can check out the threads in my sig lol

Old 04-15-2017, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Continuing the sequence of my Fit being cursed...

Got hit while parked in front of my house Thursday night (I had it street parked because my driveway is 1 car wide & I had the AP1 out).

Damage isn't too serious, not serious enough to make an insurance claim. Of course the left than quality person who hit the car did not leave a note or a stack of hundred dollar bills with the car to fix things...those hit & run feels.

F'ing bummed though. Will just get fixed before winter. All I keep telling myself is, "At least it wasn't the AP1."

Also washed both cars. Only one got a picture taken of it though.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
damn man!! sucks to hear!

Old 04-15-2017, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Made dampening in the rear easier, and I'm off work so cheers!

Old 04-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
nice my puppy wants that ball

Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
I was running swifts with oem struts at one point and didn't cut any bumpstops. It rode fine except for this one highway were I swear they were riding on waves when they paved it. Replaced the oem struts with konis and fixed the problem.
Based on the ride now on coilovers vs the OEM struts/swifts its night and day. I've read too many good reviews on the swifts to think this is the "good" ride people have talked about so I'm gonna chalk it up to the bump stops still being present. It would affect/limit the suspension travel in conjunction with the shorter springs.

Thats a lot of sweet stuff! Best of luck! You must drive your Fit very hard with that 93 and needing the radar. Where did you use the carbon fiber wrap?

Originally Posted by mike410b
Continuing the sequence of my Fit being cursed...

Got hit while parked in front of my house Thursday night (I had it street parked because my driveway is 1 car wide & I had the AP1 out).
Damn man that sucks. did it take out the side skirt too? Or has that been missing? Looks like most of the damage with the exception of the rear fender area looks like its clear coat damage and most should buff out. Or was it deep and itts simply not just surface damage?

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Made dampening in the rear easier, and I'm off work so cheers!
Pretty clean job. Care to share how you were able to get the hole locations so precise?

Old 04-16-2017, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
Do you know what spring rate was on the swifts?

I am on Konis/ S.Techs and it honestly feels a bit rougher than when I first fit the set up. Also never cut the bump stops for the S. Techs.

Also the bucket seat probably doesn't help either. I am basically bolted to the floor and now ever little bump or crack I feel.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Got these in last night!
Name:  3WDVMgdh.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  118.4 KB

Staying a secret until Wekfest Los Angeles...nothing too ridiculous, but its new color just released.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?