2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good!

Tfc is truefitcrew. Join them on fb, make an account with an avatar if you dont want to be on Facebook for real. Sadly this forum is dying, its been like 4-5 of the same guys posting here for the last year. Lots of good archived info here though

Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by shinjari
The Filipino Channel....j/k. True Fit Crew....guess the "cool" kids are part of it. I just know about it...maybe it's supposed to be like Fight Club and not talk about it...
Originally Posted by connor55
Looks good!

Tfc is truefitcrew. Join them on fb, make an account with an avatar if you dont want to be on Facebook for real. Sadly this forum is dying, its been like 4-5 of the same guys posting here for the last year. Lots of good archived info here though
Yeah it seems like TFC is the go-to for up-to-date information, posts, and pictures. Yes, this forum is still incredibly useful for finding DIYs, threads, and pictures, but Facebook allows for real-time talking and organizing. Kinda nice. It's definitely worth creating a Facebook account just to join.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Facebook car groups?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member
Damn....yet another reason that I should have a FB account....TFC part outs. Nice find bud. Theres a Modulo center garnish in the FS section now...was thinking of getting it...but my dipped front and rear diffusers still look good =)

But maybe I'll snag it up since I'm in talks about his cusco parts.

Any pics of this? I'm still considering the visual Garage shark fin to get rid of the RC-car looking antenna.
good luck with that. the guy also has the same thread in the TFC page and I already reached out to him about the Modolu piece...he wont ship because he has no boxes and he sucks with communication.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
I've been on this forum for many many years (different screen name) and its definitely quiet. TFC is not a bad FB page...Lot of nice builds, good people, handful of knowledgable people on the page and we get to connect with fit owners all over the country/world in real time. Its more convenient.

And with this forum not being responsive to tablets/phones, I only sign on here when im on my desktop @ work.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Facebook car groups?

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope.
Its not a typical group, no haters and lots of nice helpful people

Old 04-04-2017, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Made and installed my rear trunk valence this weekend. Love how it turned out.

DAYMN!!!! that looks good. Wheres the DIY thread!? Or you gonna keep that a secret all to yourself

Looks good!

I will agree this forum is like beating a dead horse...I feel i'm one of those 4-5...I see my name under "last post by: Shinjari" for threads for days lol.

Originally Posted by counterFIT
Yeah it seems like TFC is the go-to for up-to-date information, posts, and pictures. Yes, this forum is still incredibly useful for finding DIYs, threads, and pictures, but Facebook allows for real-time talking and organizing. Kinda nice. It's definitely worth creating a Facebook account just to join.
We will see...I may do it...

Originally Posted by steezo_
good luck with that. the guy also has the same thread in the TFC page and I already reached out to him about the Modolu piece...he wont ship because he has no boxes and he sucks with communication.
Steezo I PM'd ya. Maybe we can help eachother out.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Its not a typical group, no haters and lots of nice helpful people
No haters is the issue

Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
DAYMN!!!! that looks good. Wheres the DIY thread!? Or you gonna keep that a secret all to yourself

I will agree this forum is like beating a dead horse...I feel i'm one of those 4-5...I see my name under "last post by: Shinjari" for threads for days lol.

Haha I thought about a DIY but I forgot to take pictures. Its actually super easy its just really time consuming, thats the hardest part. If you are serious about making one I can scan and message you my template.

Tools needed:
black acrylic sheet 1/8 " thick. 12Hx24W via amazon (about $20)
Sharp box cutter (blades)
24" long straight edge (aka ruler)
Dremel with sanding bits
sand paper (220 & 150)
drill gun or drill press with 3/4" thick drill bit or step bit
Patience
It consists of 3 cuts and using the Dremel to make the rounded edges. and sanding of edges.

Build time 2-3 hours depending on level of distraction.

----Also yeah the forums are on its last leg, has anyone heard from BMW Alpina recently? Dude vanished.

There is so much valuable information here, that FB groups won't ever have. If you are here to just shoot the breeze and look at cool car inspiration its fine, but that resource of information on parts, builds, DIYS, trial and error dies with the forum.

Also I just generally hate FB. I did make a IG finally, although I use my alias and I don't have any of my personal info on there. Even made a brand new email so I couldn't be found by friends of family haha

Old 04-05-2017, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
I hope the forum stays up even if the activity stops. Theres way too much valuable info here that would get lost.

As far as joining FB goes, why not just use an alias there as well? All you need to do is join tfc anyway haha

Old 04-05-2017, 12:09 PM
gah. I just arrived here, don't all you who are still here disappear!

Interested in that windshield tint vs vinyl. The visors are for shit at some sun angles.

Connor. Your Fit is sexy!

Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I got 32% tint installed on all the windows. Waiting for the sun to shine and dry it out so I can take some pictures.

Old 04-05-2017, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Haha I thought about a DIY but I forgot to take pictures. Its actually super easy its just really time consuming, thats the hardest part. If you are serious about making one I can scan and message you my template.

Tools needed:
black acrylic sheet 1/8 " thick. 12Hx24W via amazon (about $20)
Sharp box cutter (blades)
24" long straight edge (aka ruler)
Dremel with sanding bits
sand paper (220 & 150)
drill gun or drill press with 3/4" thick drill bit or step bit
Patience
It consists of 3 cuts and using the Dremel to make the rounded edges. and sanding of edges.

Build time 2-3 hours depending on level of distraction.

----Also yeah the forums are on its last leg, has anyone heard from BMW Alpina recently? Dude vanished.

There is so much valuable information here, that FB groups won't ever have. If you are here to just shoot the breeze and look at cool car inspiration its fine, but that resource of information on parts, builds, DIYS, trial and error dies with the forum.

Also I just generally hate FB. I did make a IG finally, although I use my alias and I don't have any of my personal info on there. Even made a brand new email so I couldn't be found by friends of family haha

Thanks! Please send template if possible. This sounds exactly how I would've made it. How is it attached to the car? Using the license plate hardware? Also did you put anything between the plastic and the paint/trunk area to protect the paint?

Also yeah Alpina was getting super busy at work last I heard...but that was over a month ago and he was a daily poster for a LONG time.

Originally Posted by aigi
gah. I just arrived here, don't all you who are still here disappear!

Interested in that windshield tint vs vinyl. The visors are for shit at some sun angles.

Connor. Your Fit is sexy!
Planning on getting windshield tint done. Was quoted <$50 for lifetime warranty tint. I will admit it will really only be useful at early morning and sunset. If I have time this weekend I plan to get it done and will take pics.

Picked up my BC Racing Coilovers today! Cant wait!

Last edited by shinjari; 04-05-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Found some nice OZ rims for the Fit. Tomorrow my Flex Z's come in.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0880.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-img_0882.jpg  
Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Dang it!! oh well, you guys get the idea.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mikes-ge
Dang it!! oh well, you guys get the idea.
There ya go!

Look nice! Specs? look like 17s

Old 04-05-2017, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
BBP is such a great color.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member

There ya go!

Look nice! Specs? look like 17s
The wheels are the OZ Alleggerita. 17x7 +37. Hopefully I get my suspension early enough in the day, I can put them on and give a review with pics.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Made and installed my rear trunk valence this weekend. Love how it turned out.

That Rear spoilers sweet!

Old 04-06-2017, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Nice looking Fit!!

For any of you who replaced a cracked fog light, how did you do it? Did you have remove the bumper? Or is it possible to just remove the wheel or under bumper splash guard?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?