2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the thread I created for making the rear trunk valence. Template is included in 4 parts so anyone can print it at their home on standard 8.5 x11 paper.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1368765

Old 04-08-2017, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
What's that add on piece call that's attached to the top of the rear bumper?

Old 04-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Here is the thread I created for making the rear trunk valence. Template is included in 4 parts so anyone can print it at their home on standard 8.5 x11 paper.

You're a god among men. Thank you.

Got some nice drone shots of the Fit today (my friend has a Phantom 3), be on the lookout for those

Old 04-08-2017, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikes-ge
What's that add on piece call that's attached to the top of the rear bumper?
Its a rear aplique. Its a Honda poem accessory item.

Originally Posted by counterFIT
You're a god among men. Thank you.

Got some nice drone shots of the Fit today (my friend has a Phantom 3), be on the lookout for those

Haha I try

Old 04-09-2017, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
There is a little round cover towards the inside/middle of the car. you remove that with a flat head screw driver, then the screw is behind it.
Saw it today! Will be an easy job...

Now I just gotta wait for my protectors before replacing the fog light. Hope the protector will help for future rocks!

Old 04-09-2017, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
After 7+ years on sportlines and stock struts/shocks, I'm getting ready for a little upgrade.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member

Nice! Thanks for the DIY!

Originally Posted by teamkitty
After 7+ years on sportlines and stock struts/shocks, I'm getting ready for a little upgrade.
That is a nice "little" upgrade! You needed new arms too? Bilstein PS14 kit right?

I installed my BC-racing coilovers Friday! Created a thread in the suspension forum but here are the important pics.

Pretty straight forward and nice improvement over Swifts/OEM Struts. Only thing is when the car is stationary...SOMETIMES...when I turn the wheel...the passenger front top rubber bushing will squeal. Like its rotating/rubbing on the chassis. Not sure if I was supposed to put a lubricant there...or what but thats the only concern at the moment besides needing to lift the rear a hair (like .25-.5") to avoid rubbing on sudden dips.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Nice Shinjari! Are you going to go any lower in the front? Maybe get reduce the wheel gap a bit.

Old 04-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Banned
These are CRZ aluminum control arms, right? I've thought about getting them, let me know what you think!

Old 04-10-2017, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Nice Shinjari! Are you going to go any lower in the front? Maybe get reduce the wheel gap a bit.
I need to experiment with it. Initially I went too extreme and there was 0 gap...but I would rub like a mofo on ANY turn regardless of how slow I went.

So I raised it to where it sits now. With the swifts (1.2" drop from stock) the front fender was at 24.5"...with the extreme drop it was at 22.75 (2.95" drop from stock)...now its at about 24" (~1.75" drop from stock) and no rubbing...that I've heard. Haven't been on my usual "fast" on-ramps/corners to find out. SO I may go a little more in the front.

The rear...I may raise a hair. it was 23.5 with swifts (1" drop from stock), now its just around 22.5. Rear may actually benefit from a roll/pull to tuck the wheels perfectly.

Based on the measurements I am lower in the back than the front but its really hard to tell since the rear fender sits lower than the front to begin with. Time will tell. Alignment will tell if I need to change wheels. They are practically lined up with the fender now. poke is nearly gone. A slight pull may help or even going to a 7.5" wide wheel like the konig hypergrams would be awesome. Love the dial-ins...but "someone" has them already and not sure how I feel about copying haha.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:27 AM
Banned
Does anyone know if there exists a lightweight flywheel for the GE? I can't find anything... May have to go custom.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Installed the new jdm tails, jdp rear diffuser and removed rear wiper

Old 04-10-2017, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Does anyone know if there exists a lightweight flywheel for the GE? I can't find anything... May have to go custom.
Seems GE doesnt get much love and you'll have to go to a shop to get it lightened.

Post #162 of DE36's build he shows off his custom flywheel.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1297091

Originally Posted by steezo_
Installed the new jdm tails, jdp rear diffuser and removed rear wiper
Diffuser and tails look great!

Old 04-10-2017, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Interested in finding out how those Bilsteins ride. I moved last month & holy cow are the roads killer here.

I knew they would be because major rustbelt city, but EESH.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
can someone enlighten me on teamkitty's control arm and front brake upgrades?

Shinjari, get to a good ride height, then drive the car for a few hundred miles to let the springs settle in before readjusting. Also you may want to see if you can tighten the front mounting nuts to get rid of that rubber turning sound.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Interested in finding out how those Bilsteins ride. I moved last month & holy cow are the roads killer here.

I knew they would be because major rustbelt city, but EESH.
Heard good things from Alpina and others about the bilsteins. Lack of dampening and strut length adjustment is what deterred me from getting them. They cost about the same. Bilsteins do have a lifetime warranty though so thats nice.

So far with 100ish miles on my BC racings they are a definite improvement over the swifts. Gotta find the "sweet spot" for height and dampening but even right now its nice. Not jarring like it used to be.

Shinjari, get to a good ride height, then drive the car for a few hundred miles to let the springs settle in before readjusting. Also you may want to see if you can tighten the front mounting nuts to get rid of that rubber turning sound.
Thanks for the tip. yeah i figured the springs gotta settle in a little. Also was going to see about tightening the top nut more but pretty sure it's maxed. I didnt have to remove the cowl or wiper assembly to do the install either

Pretty sure those brake rotors are EBC USR850 rotors. Not sure whats with the new arms though. Lighter?

Old 04-10-2017, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Sure thing. Here are some deets on everything pictured:

The aluminum arms are from a 2012+ Insight. CRZ arms are NOT a direct fit. After riding around lowered on eibach sportlines for the past 80k miles, I figured it was time for a ball joint replacement anyway, so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the entire assembly.

The Bilsteins are second hand from a fitfreak member. Should greatly improve the ride over the lowering springs I’ve had for the past 7 years.

For brakes, I’ve been running Hawk HP+ pads on Centric cryo-treated solid rotors for the past 80k miles. Pads are shot but the discs still look great (which is interesting because everything I’ve read about HP+ pads is that they eat rotors). I’m tired of the dust, so went with Hawk Ceramic pads and some gimmicky EBC slotted/dimpled rotors, because, why not.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-10-2017, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member

The aluminum arms are from a 2012+ Insight. CRZ arms are NOT a direct fit. After riding around lowered on eibach sportlines for the past 80k miles, I figured it was time for a ball joint replacement anyway, so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the entire assembly.

The Bilsteins are second hand from a fitfreak member. Should greatly improve the ride over the lowering springs I’ve had for the past 7 years.

For brakes, I’ve been running Hawk HP+ pads on Centric cryo-treated solid rotors for the past 80k miles. Pads are shot but the discs still look great (which is interesting because everything I’ve read about HP+ pads is that they eat rotors). I’m tired of the dust, so went with Hawk Ceramic pads and some gimmicky EBC slotted/dimpled rotors, because, why not.

Hope that helps!
Sweet. Let us know how the upgrade goes =)

Anyone have issues getting an alignment after getting lowered? Always was a concern since they have to drive it on a lift/ramp. I dont recall how low my civic was in comparison but didnt seem to have any issues getting that car done.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member

Hope that helps!
Cool, thank you. How much did the arms and front brakes run you? I'm going to need to change my front brakes soon. Where do you guys buy these parts at?

Old 04-10-2017, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shinjari
Heard good things from Alpina and others about the bilsteins. Lack of dampening and strut length adjustment is what deterred me from getting them. They cost about the same. Bilsteins do have a lifetime warranty though so thats nice.

So far with 100ish miles on my BC racings they are a definite improvement over the swifts. Gotta find the "sweet spot" for height and dampening but even right now its nice. Not jarring like it used to be.
My du teamkitty is living that Chicago terrible northern road life though, I've only seen feedback on them from you folks in the fair weather states.

I don't need crazy adjust-ability or damping settings. My AP1 is low & had like 30 clicks in its soft-stiff range....that I've set to dead center all around & will never touch lol. I just want the Fit to be a bit more stable on the highway, more than anything else. The S2000 is probably 3" from the ground at the frame rails & is MAD stable.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?